[Original RPG] Detente: Expensive Mistakes (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Al Fresco's Trattoria

Gondola moved in closer to Frostburn

"un argento secreto, pobre Frostburn, everything it is changing, at least Gigatron he left us well enough alone with this Megatron who can say. Maybe I will return to beautiful Argent but I 'ere a rumour that there is some kind of blockade. Why don't you come with me to a pequeno club I know there is supposed to be some of the best new act's in town.

Silhouettes Dinner Club

Solo stood in the wings as Flyboy and the Crickets a seeker backed up by a quartet of insecticons left the stage.

Solo moved to centre stage

"Good evening ladies and gentlemechs , good to see you all here, I present you with Solo and the Seekers hit it boys."

He stepped up to the mike

"Once upon a time
Not so long ago

Shovel used to work on the docks
Unions been on strike
Hes down on his luck...its tough, so tough
Wants to earn a credit but that will be the day
Doing what he does best and bringing home some pay
keeping himself going any way

His friends says weve got to hold on to what weve got
cause if we don't , noone cares
If we make it or not
The Unions doing it's best and thats a lot
we ain't got no choice so we'll give it a shot

Whooah, negotiations are half way there
Trying to get a deal that's fair
Hopefully they'll win through but that's increasingly rare.
If not we haven't got a prayer
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Divebomb reported to his Predacon comrades the fact that an intruder seemed to be coming into their airspace.

"Looks like we have outside company." He yelled down to the other 4 Predacons.

"Hmm, whatever. It is not our job to inspect everyship that comes into this place." Razorclaw said laying down.

"Very well, I'll see if anything changes." Divebomb added listening carefully.

Roadblock stopped from his road clearing duty and looked up.

"Good someone that can get me out of this." He said rolling out.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Al Fresco's Trattoria

Frostburn smiled. "I appreciate the offer," he told Gondola. "I really do. But I've got something to do that just can't wait."

The Decepticon finished his remaining drink in a single gulp, then put the glass down on the bar along with a handful of shanix coins. "A pleasure meeting you, ma'am."

With that, he rose and headed for the door.

Spaceport

As Megatron set the transport down on its landing spot, he turned to Hatemonger and spoke in a voice loud enough for everyone onboard to hear. "General, lock down the controls. Everyone else, assemble at the foot of the ship's ramp. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Not far away, Ransack transformed to robot mode and landed in a crouch, concealing himself as best he could without impeding his view of the transport's hatch.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Spaceport

Blackjack and Detour sat side by side in the spaceport, watching the ship land. They have just received the command, and set out to get more information. The two Micromasters saw the large ship that is approaching.

Detour broke the silence, "Blackjack... Who do you think that is? Gigatron's ship... or the so-called Megatron?"

Blackjack replied quickly, "Detour... The ship is landing now. We will know the answer for sure."

Detour replied, "You are a strategist Blackjack. What do we do? Who do we follow?"

Blackjack stopped for a while and replied with a smirk "I would follow... Lord Megatron, if it is really him. He is a great manipulator. I remember that time when, under his lead, we nearly wiped out the wretched Autobots from existence. He is a great strategist, greater than even I. We would benefit greatly if we followed him again. I mean, we have been keeping a low profile ever since our patrol... split up."

Blackjack continued "You know... I think we better check our friends from the Battle Patrol now. They are in Polyhex, in the thick of action. The battle patrol might have... connections and opportunities..."

Detour, in agreement took out a communication device and dialed Dropshot, "Hey Dropshot... come on, pick up..."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Spaceport

Dropshot left his post,and hurried to the ramp,and was nearly slapped in the face by a door by Bombshock leaving the weapons deck.Serrated vib-knives jumped into both thier hands.

"Move it or lose it."Bombshock greeted his partner,the oil lust look not gone from his face.

"Same for you treadhead."Dropshot smiled back.It was not a friendly smile, but the smile of one that knew he at least had a bit more of an edge then he formally had.They both knew with thier leaders in sight,they could not fight. It was time for Bombshock to stretch his muscle,and see how much power he had among these other mechs.

"Staxx and Vindicator,I want one of those good old fashioned millitary line ups.Impress the big mech,and those we're gonna meet.This includes you Dropshot."Dropshot rolled his optic's and followed after him.He hoped these others would blow him away.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Spaceport

Dropshot left his post,and hurried to the ramp,and was nearly slapped in the face by a door by Bombshock leaving the weapons deck.Serrated vib-knives jumped into both thier hands.

"Move it or lose it."Bombshock greeted his partner,the oil lust look not gone from his face.

"Same for you treadhead."Dropshot smiled back.It was not a friendly smile, but the smile of one that knew he at least had a bit more of an edge then he formally had.They both knew with thier leaders in sight,they could not fight. It was time for Bombshock to stretch his muscle,and see how much power he had among these other mechs.

"Staxx and Vindicator,I want one of those good old fashioned millitary line ups.Impress the big mech,and those we're gonna meet.This includes you Dropshot."Dropshot rolled his optic's and followed after him.He hoped these others would blow him away.

*Double Post,Mods please delete*
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Spaceport

Vindicator nodded to Bombshock as he moved into line and stood at attention. And awaited his orders.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spaceport

Overkill walked up to Bombshock & co.

"Ah, a classic javelin grouping," he observed as they fell into line. "An attractive formation, if not a particularly useful one in battle. Still, not a bad choice for impressing your commanding officers..."

He continued to ramble on as he found a place at the end of the line.

Ransack watched the soldiers line up at the bottom of the ship.

"Well, one thing's for sure," he mused. "Someone important has to be on that ship the way they're acting..."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger nodded as his hands ran across the keyboard setting the shuttle into auto-pilot on coruse for Kaon.

After that the General got up and headed for the ramp to await his next orders.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular

"There's a ship just landed, my lord."

The darkness stirred, but no reply came.

"Its telemetry suggests it originated in Polyhex."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Spaceport

Detour answered Blackjack "The Battle Patrol ain't picking up."

Blackjack replied patiently "Keep trying. Or just leave a message to Tracer or Dropshot. The Battle Patrol is around Polyhex, the team apparently nearly reunited. Or so I was told."

Detour said exasperatedly "I give up!"

Blackjack sighed at his yellow companion. Detour's a nice guy, but he always gives up and runs away from any problem. This is where I wish I had Road Hugger and Hyperdrive... But what the heck, they picked up and left. When was the last time we worked together? Back in Tokyo?

(OOC: see End of the Line)

Blackjack said to Detour. "Look! The ship is landing. The Battle Patrol can wait. Let's go see whoever is in the ship. I would like to know whoever is coming to Kaon. This matters to us, Detour"

Detour and Blackjack transformed to car mode and raced towards the crowd around the landing ship. The duo transformed, and looked in awe. "I wanna go home" said Detour.

Blackjack glared at Detour "Shut up."

The Micromasters stood staring at the large ship, wondering if this is the answer to their prayers of getting into the army again.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Spaceport perimeter

A black armoured limo pulled up just outside the Spaceport perimeter and a window slowly slid down.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Spaceport

After a few seconds of thought,Bombshock decided Overkill was quite possibly a wheel short of a full set.But he did have more millitary expierence then himself.

"What would be an effective one,sir?"He asked Overkill.Dropshot watched listlessly,as mechs began showing up,looking at the shuttle.He turned to the rest of the company.

"Right idiot at times he is...ain't he?"He said under his breath,just loud enough for them to hear.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Al Fresco's Trattoria

Gondola raised a glass to Frostburns disappearing figure

"Hasta Luego Amigo."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Spaceport
Groups of Transformers, mostly Decepticons, gathered in the spaceport, curious about the ship, which is nearly landing on the Spaceport.

The crowd is getting larger and larger, as more Decepticons are informed about the ship and gather.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spaceport

Overkill was a bit puzzled when Bombshock called him 'sir' -- most people called him 'runt' or 'chatterbox' when they weren't referring to him as the even less respectful 'you' (usually paired with the words 'shut up').

"Perhaps a bent diamond formation," he suggested. "Or a Roadblock-six unit assembly." He frowned as much as his saurian face would allow. "Maybe even a Megatron Trident, although it would be a tad incomplete without at least one seeker. Then again..."

He continued to rant about similar topics.

As his Decepticons were getting ready for their mission, Megatron was doing the same. However, his approach was much, much different. The Decepticon leader took a moment to remember all he could about his time in Kaon when the cause was young, the rabble-rousing, the bloodsport and the final, decisive battle with Sentinel Prime that firmly established the Decepticons as a power to be reckoned with. He knew that this history was important to the city's rulers and even more so to the underclass, and so he planned to reference it as much as he could during the visit.

After taking a few minutes to ponder his next move, he headed for the exit and strode down the ramp, inspecting his crew with every step.

Ransack almost squealed with glee when he saw Megatron coming down the ramp.

It's really him, the scout thought. He's back, after so long gone...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular

"Megatronnnnn!"

The name whispered, echoed through the darkness with a bitter edge of pain, and the spy-monitor, which had been watching the port, erupted in a flash of flame as a long, thin dart impaled the image.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Spaceport

Bombshock remined intent on what Overkill was saying.He filed away the information,hoping to have the chance to actually both see it in action. And use it.He'd never thought of battle as strategic.You just shoved your cannon in thier face and shot.Perhaps the time was coming to think with something other then his fist and trigger finger."Sir,how long have you served Megatron,and in the Arms Forces?"

Dropshot finally got Blackjack's communique.The shuttle must have interfered.He tapped the side of his head as if he had an tic.It finally buzzed to life. "Dropshot here.Why in Primus' name are you botherin me?"He took not on how the line was formed,and stayed rigid when Megatron walked past.

(OOC-Sorry I missed that Blackjack,don't even know how I did.)
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Spaceport

Bombshock remined intent on what Overkill was saying.He filed away the information,hoping to have the chance to actually both see it in action. And use it.He'd never thought of battle as strategic.You just shoved your cannon in thier face and shot.Perhaps the time was coming to think with something other then his fist and trigger finger."Sir,how long have you served Megatron,and in the Arms Forces?"

Dropshot finally got Blackjack's communique.The shuttle must have interfered.He tapped the side of his head as if he had an tic.It finally buzzed to life. "Dropshot here.Why in Primus' name are you botherin me?"He took note on how the line was formed,and stayed rigid when Megatron walked past.

(OOC-Sorry I missed that Blackjack,don't even know how I did.)

Another double post.*-_- Mod's please delete...again.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Kaon Speedway

Two mechs sat in a glass booth overhanging the racetrack.

"Looks like we've got a bumper turnout here at the Kaon Speedway for the final of the all Decepticon 24 hour endurance race Bob."

The other mech took his mike

"Yes Bill it's difficult to imagine the utter desolation brought about by the Quints but thanks to the genorosity of local businesses the Speedway is back and running better than new."

The first mech resumed

"Yes Bob it's great to see so many turning out here today for one of the highlights of the racing season."

the chatter went back and forth

"Yes Bill the Kaon 24 is not just about speed but endurance."

Back

"Yes Bob it is truly the last mech standing and we've got some of the big names here today Spiral and Nitro from Cybertronian Radials and of course Oval and Plug from VTS Racing and of course the local hero Stock Car with Kaos Racing."

and forth

"Yes Bill it's clear that a lot of the crowd are here to support the local mech I can see lot's of banners with his name and the Kaos racings distinctive logo. We're going live to the pits to here from our reporter Sly after these words from our sponsors.