[Original RPG] End of the Line: Moon Pact - The faction truce.

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Metroplex, Outside the Medbay

Joyride and Fastlane decided to find the released Decepticons Darkwing and Dreadwind. They found the pair walking out of the medbay. Darkwing's forehead was no longer dented -which was a relief for him.

"Alright you two," Fastlane said, "You'll be teaming with us from now on. I can't allow you to just roam our base alone."

"Why?" Darkwing snapped, "So we don't reveal any secrets to Gigatron after this farce of a truce is over with?"

Joyride had to fight the urge to plant another kick on Darkwing. "Exactly," he said gritting his teeth.

"Come on," Fastlane ordered the Powermasters as he began to walk away. The sinister pair reluctantly followed in suit with Joyride right behind them.
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Inside Sky Lynx:

"Thanks, Magnus. I was starting to feel like my processor had oveheated or something - with all this commotion and so much 'bots I listed missing while they were here. All right, now - we can rest assured that with the new troops our battle potential had raised", - Red Alert said.

"And about those defaulters... I still intend to deal with them after the battle is over. Personally...

Now, let's get ready to takeoff!.."

When Megaplex had returned and agreed with the proposal, Red Alert turned to him:

"Sky Garry doesn't need to fit inside Sky Lynx if he has flight capabilities - he can accompany outside and provide the cover fire for the deploying troops in case it would be required.

And about you - I don't believe you hadn't been complimented about your appearance before. You see, Megatron was one of the most well-known - and most feared - Decepticon leaders. Your semblance to him is startling, at least in the silhouette."

Inside Trypticon:

"Well, thank you, Crosscut", - Jetwave answered. "Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I'd be asking for your experience in such personal relationship matters from time to time... See, the only other friends I can say I have here are the Technobots and Wheeljack - and they have their own problems, I believe.

When I've arrived here, I've tried to get friendly with some other 'bots and almost gathered a team for a special mission... Unfortunately, that was when the Decepticon attacks had started and the mission failed before it could start."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

OOC- back now. Many apologies for the longer-than-expected absence! Login issues have been corrected with Denyer's help, still awaiting thesis results and am in Ireland - but can post regularly now in evenings. Please excuse character action jumps until I get them back into proper game flow.

''All set Inferno.'' Hound scooped up his human targetmaster partner and charged after the taller Autobot.

''Good, because if we don't get there in the next minute and a half, Red'll have our heads mounted on a silver hubcap.''

''Tell him it's my fault.'' Spike offered as the trio breezed down towards Sky Lynx. Inferno responded with a laugh.

''That's about the last thing we'd do.'' Hound grinned. ''It''ll be okay - hey, shortcut Inferno.''

The red autobot skidded sideways and looked at the ventillation shaft with a frown as the scout opened it with an Autobot access code and jumped in.

''Guess they needed cleaning anyway.'' He grinned and leapt in gamely.

A short slide later, they fell into the bay, sliding to a stop next to Sky Lynx.

''Fashionably late?'' Hound offered with a grin as they boarded.

---------------

Prowl headed towards Scorponok with a calm and business-like manner. As he entered the bay, he approached with a consistently steady pace, taking in weaponry details and assessing the size and power of the Decepticon. He glimpsed Gigatron disappearing within, and began to follow.

----------------

Having had his repairs completed, Trailbreaker headed out of Max's medbay and toward security.

-----------------
Smokescreen led the way for Dirge and Aero Blade to the vacant room. With a wave to a door scanner, the recognition verified and the door slid open.

''Come right in, this is all yours Aero Blade. But who should I call to come assist with your repairs? Shall I call Ratchet?''
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge led Aero Blade into the room that Smokescreen directed them to, helping the tech over to a place where he could lay down. As Smokescreen possed his question, Aero made a noise that could vaugely be determined as a 'yes' sound, but it would be difficult to tell if he was confirming Smokescreen's question, or simply making a noise.

Truthfully, Aero didn't feel like seeing anyone, still miserable from before, but he didn't feel he was in any possition to oppose anything, not after the trouble he'd made. He would just go along with whatever they decided for him.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Sky Lynx's bay

Ultra Magnus, along with Megaplex, returned inside Sky Lynx again. As he moved in, he greeted Inferno, Hound and Spike with a smile.

" Welcome aboard. Just in time, come in and take a seat, we're going to leave now. "

Ultra Magnus stepped towards the cockpit and turned back, facing all the Autobots and Decepticons who were waiting for the takeoff. The city commander looked at the mechs gathered in Sky Lynx's main compartment, and readied himself for the oncoming speech.

" Be brave, be resolute, do not fail them " he thought.

" Soldiers " he said to Megaplex, Red Alert, Overdrive, Inferno, Hound, Spike, Arcee, Sandstorm, Hoist, Karrion, Tracks, Stepper, Crossblades, Hardhead, Flattop, Quickmix, Highbrow and Gnaw

" Today our differences are not important, and Decepticon and Autobot sides are put aside in behalf of the Transformer race. We must follow our leaders' path, and battle under the same badge. Remember the truce. "

Magnus rised a fist, while glancing at all the faces focused on him.

" Our homeworld has been conquered and ravaged by the Quintessons, and our comrades of the resistance have been stranded there alone while we've been fighting ourselves on Earth or Nebulos. Well, today we'll change that. Today, we are going to liberate Crystal City, once one of the most beautiful Cybertron's cities and former home of Autobots and Decepticons alike. Now, it's our chance to defeat the Quintessons and recover the city from their tentacles, securing our future as a race. "

Ultra Magnus lowered his fist, and opened his hand.

" We are not sure about the strenght of the enemy forces stationed on our objective, but it will be at least formidable. Probably some of us will be de-activated or worst by the battle's end, but in the end, we will win. Remember, it's our duty and it's for Cybertron. Remember the truce and we'll expel the Quintessons from our home. For Cybertron!! "

Ultra Magnus nodded to his troops and then turned to the cockpit.

" Sky Lynx, prepare the takeoff. We'll depart as soon as we receive Gigatron and Prime's command. "
Tak
Protoform

Post by Tak »

(Sky Lynx)

A Giant finger appeared by Sky Lynx's cargo entrance as Sky Garry Leaned over to look inside.

"Nice speech, I'm to provide aerial support correct?"

~*~*~*~**~~*~**~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
Countdown

Great Shot and Clench enter

"Hey uum we were sent here to back you guys up."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Inside Sky Lynx

Magnus turned his head and looked to Sky Garry's finger on Sky Lynx's entrance.

" Erm, thanks. And yes, I agree with Red Alert in this. You can provide a valuable air support for Sky Lynx. "

---

Countdown's bay

Skids looked at Clench and Greatshot, stepping inside Countdown.

The Autobot tactician aproached and nodded to them.

" Welcome aboard. So you're Clench and Greatshot, right? Come with me, Hatemonger is in the meeting room " the autobot said.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Inside Sky Lynx
''Fired up and ready to go.'' Inferno said quietly with a big grin as he settled into a launching seat. '''Bout time we kicked some quint cans.''

Spike nodded approval as Magnus finished the inspiring speech, but felt unease creep over him as he sat in his chair. Hound too was smiling, but it was a thin smile, veiled with a grim expression behind. Neither said a word.
--------

''Take it easy for a few and I'll go round up a good friend to help with the dents and dings.'' Smokescreen said as he slipped out into the hall. Going to be difficult, but maybe not impossible. This one may call for trial and error... and a little finesse.

Without delay, the red,white and blue autobot strode swiftly toward medbay.
--------

Blitzwing made his way to the bay where Sky Lynx, Sky Garry and the others were making ready. He transformed to jet mode and waited.

--------
In medbay, Ratchet was busily gathering supplies in a hurried fashion so he could report to Hot Rod, when rather suddenly a crash behind his left heel stopped the doctor in his tracks. He had been aware of the little minicon observing him, and had chosen to ignore the small figure. He turned his head to look at the mess behind him and then frowned at Stratus, temering his irritation. ''You realise those cannot be used now before they're sterilized again. There's no time for...''

''Ratchet, you need to come with me.'' Smokescreen's voice echoed up as he finished his approach.

The grumpy doctor gave a similar reply. ''I know already! Tell Hot Rod to hold his afterburners.''

Smokescreen glanced from Ratchet to floor and to Stratus with a puzzled look and then smiled slightly, realizing the minicon must've been trying to get his attention. ''No, someone needs repairs first. Shouldn't take long, right Stratus?''

---------

On his way to Metroplex's security and passing the bridge, Trailbreaker spotted Grimlock and jogged to catch up with him.

''Here Grimlock. What can I help ya with?''
Aero Blade

Medbay, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

"Nah, shouldn't be too long at all," Stratus answered to Smokescreen in a cheery tone, recognizing the Autobot from earlier. "Not unless the doc here messes things up again like he did earlier," the minicon added in reference to Ratchet, not bothering with an ounce of tact at all. He wasn't too concerned with upsetting either Autobot, though for different reasons. Smokescreen he knew was alright from Aero's reactions, and Ratchet he'd only be concerned about once he'd redeemed himslf a bit.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sky Lynx

Ricochet wandered over to Spike

"so monsieur we ride to battle this day ."

Quickmix adressed the command group

"Good speech but what will be our objective how will our forces be divided."
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Trypticon;

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm and Deathsaurus stepped into the citybot, and walked to the lounge (?) and set down to wait for further orders.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger waited in Countdown's meeting area.

He really couldn't wait to return to Cybertron. If anything not just for the upcoming battle but it was home.

He switched on his com-link to Skids.

"Who are the new comers?" He asked.
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

Inside Sky Lynx

Crossblades flashes a smile at both Tracks and Stepper. “Well as the boss said the important things is that we’re taking or home back. Gotta like that right? Would seem out of place not too, but that’s just my opinion, guess you could have another, don’t know why someone would but that’s just me!”
Scout

Post by Scout »

''Me?!'' Ratchet exclaimed in annoyed disbelief. He opened his mouth to respond with a sharp look, but Smokescreen gripped his shoulder with a grin to distract him.

''Doctors never lose their patience.''

Ratchet scowled. ''I didn't lose him. He took off after endangering the medbay personnel and patients.''

A puzzled expression popped up on the doctor's face as he finally realized the phoneme's meaning. He relented with a sigh and Smokey nodded.

''He's in room 15D, but we have very little time. Stratus, how should Ratchet approach Aero? I figure we have 5 minutes before they send out last boarding call.''

''That's only enough time for an emergency patch job at best.''
Ratchet grumbled quietly.

--------------
Spike nodded. ''So we are Ricochet, and I think it'll be a whopper. All set?''
verytired

Omega Supreme Hangar bay

Post by verytired »

Cosmos continued to wait for his comrades, and for a reply from Hotrod.
Sizzle arrived and gave the Green Minibot a friendly-ish wave as he transformed. He didn't know Cosmos too well and wasn't really up for small talk. It seemed Cosmos agreed, and the pair of them continued to wait.

Metroplex manufactories
Fizzle looked up with an ecstatic grin from the five Guardians that Rosdos had completed. He didn't know what to do with them though, as they were all preparing to invade and retake Cybertron. He resolved to store them in Lockers barely big enough for them, and set some anti-tamper devices and locks on the lockers before leaving.

Scorponok
Guzzle beamed, and whispered to Octane as Scorponok left.
"I hope your aim improves before we get to Cybertron, punk. At least we can hit the targets we aim at."

Airwave meanwhile, raised a cautious hand to attract Gigatrons Attention, then quickly lowered it: the leader didn't seem in too good a mood due to the tardiness of some of the force, and he'd have to wait till the vriefing to ask about his Mobile Attack base and if it featured in the plans.

Trypticon
Slicer followed Stonecruncher to Trypticons medbay...

Corridors, warworld
Thunderwing returned Skyquakes smile, but inside he felt uneasy.
As they slowly left the high security area, the security braoadcast frequency dimmed and died, allowing Thunderwing to access his internal weaponry and Sunspace folders. His Shell snapped into existence and around him, and his Cyclone cannon appeared in his hand. Now the Grin was heartfelt.
"Am I to understand," he stated cautiously, "That this conversation may never have happened, depending on my success?"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Inside Sky Lynx:

Red Alert approached Inferno and Hound:

"You guys sure do take your time packing, don't you? After the battle, I want a disciplinary report from each of you, stating the cause of your delay. Is that clear?"

Looking directly at Hound, he added:
"Mind it, there'll be an important task specifically for you. You, Arcee and... well, we'll decide who'll be the third - you shall provide a distraction for Quintesson forces by creating as much chaos as you can on your assigned direction. Your holo-projector should be used to mask your location or create an image of advancing Citybot. As Sharcticons are dumb, they must fall for this simple trick... Like Devastator did, you must remember it."

"And you, Inferno, will be a part of fire support team, under my direct command. You are assigned to it to provide cover fire against any direct Quintesson attacks or their fire barrage. Of course, if circumstances require, you shall engage the enemy directly... But I hope this won't happen".

The orders issued, Red wondered what else should be told and to whom.

To instruct the teams... This can wait until after takeoff, better security this way. And, after all, the teams weren't re-assigned after the new arrivals and defaulters...

Wreck-Gar was written off - so, who should be the third to participate in the diversionary strike together with Arcee and Hound? I'm tempted to assign Megaplex there, just to get rid of him in the main force... No, he hadn't proved himself yet, so he can't be trusted. I need somebody from the ranks of Autobots, somebody unsuspicious and expendable, like...

Exactly!

And Red Alert approached Spike:

"Hello! I think I've got an assignment specially for you", - he said with a smile.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Well we're a bit short on time to teach this nut to not act like a doctor," Stratus replied to Smokescreen without hesitation. "Plus Aero's already seen him, so that wouldn't help much anyways, but with the way he's bound to be feeling by now he won't let himself do anything too bad. Probably ought to be good with just avoiding fancy-sounding medical terms."

Stratus then turned his attention fully to Ratchet. "By the way, less you really want to see him go berzerk, I wouldn't bring a scanner along this time. Don't need one anyways, I can tell you exactly what's wrong with him," Stratus said in a confident tone. "His balancing mechanisms are out of kilter, probably had something knocked loose in that last big crash, reason why it sometimes works alright but then horribly later. His outsides are pretty much fine for now too, I've seen him worse," Stratus added. "Fix those if you like, though."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Fort Max:

Prime: -nodding- "I am glad that your injuries were not terminal. I have been there myself far, far more often than I care to think about." -pulls out a datapadd, holding it out to Wing Saber- "This should bring you up to speed about what's going on. What mission did the high council send you on?"

Corridors heading towards Metroplex bay:

Grimlock: -still striding foward, glances back at Trailbreaker- "Get back to Fort Max bridge. Wing Saber need guide to Metroplex bay."

Corridors:

Skyquake: "You are a quick study, Thunderwing."

Omega Supreme bay:

Hot Rod: -walks in, smiling, activates commlink- "What's up, Cosmos?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sky Lynx

Overdrive tried Omega Supreme again

"Do you have any plans of Crystal City over."

~*~

Ricochet looked at Spike

"as ready as i'll ever be Monsieur i just 'ope this will bring this awful war one step closer to ending once and for all."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Sky Lynx

Spike nodded to Ricochet as Red Alert walked over, then listened as the orders were handed out.

Hound and Inferno glanced at each other and then Inferno frowned.

''Awww Red! I wanna fight!''

Ignoring the complaints, Hound motioned lightly to Spike. ''We'll go wherever you need us to be, but he has to stay with me Red. And as for our report-'' Hound nodded''-go ahead and show him Spike.''

Without hesitation, Spike activated the headmaster armour that Wheeljack had redesigned to targetmaster, and then combined with Hound's hologun.

Inferno grumbled slightly. ''Making another boulder in here would be a bad idea.''

---------
Approaching Fort Max bridge
Trailbreaker didn't ask the dinobot leader the swarm of questions that spun through his mind, but instead pivoted and headed into the bridge. He glanced around and spotting the unmistakeable stranger with Optimus Prime, headed over and stood just beside and slightly behind Optimus.
----------

Ratchet frowned deeply at the small minicon and then continued picking up the scattered pieces. ''Since when do you have in-depth knowledge of medical training?''

''Eh, Never mind Ratchet. You have the best intuition of any of the bay staff, and you said yourself the rest is skill. After all, you put the crew together without half the equipment you have now.''

''Don't remind me.''

Recognizing the relenting tone in the doctor's voice, Smokescreen flashed a wink at Stratus over Ratchet's back.
''Then let's stop talkin' and do the walkin'.'' He didn't wait for an answer, but instead started heading back at a fast pace.

There was a sound remotely like a sigh and Ratchet stood up with the rest of his tools, then followed Smokescreen toward the room. As he passed, he grumbled a soft mock-grouchy grumble.
''Come on Stratus. See if you can keep him sane while I'm working.''