In desperate need of help finding an anime title

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Knightdramon
Protoform

In desperate need of help finding an anime title

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm not actually sure it's an anime, but here it goes.

There was this cartoon I was watching back in primary school that featured dinosaurs. It was sort of like Digimon, a group of kids going on vacation got stuck in a time warp and ended up in a land inhabitted by dinosaurs. Some of them could speak and were called voicesaurs. One of the kids befriended a "dinosaur" that resembled Swoop. For the first half of the series they had a red vehicle that sort of looked like a monster truck, and later on they upgraded it to a green triceratops vehicle.

In Greece it was called "Two years of vacations with dinosaurs" and was dubbed, but I seriously doubt that this was its name.

Thanks in advance.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This is the only thing I can think of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino-riders
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nah, it's not the one I was looking for. Interestingly though, there's a series that has Megatron, Prime, Starscream and Liquid Snake staring :)

Thanks for the effort man
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Jurassic Tripper - TV - 39 Episodes

Two days a year, the members of a typical high school's marine club are allowed to take the boat out during summer vacation. Their destination is the fun filled Bonarl Island -- until a mysterious storm-related disturbance throws them into another dimension full of dinosaurs and oppressive soldiers! Now, with no way to get home, the students must rely on themselves, the voice saurus Zauls and the help of unlikely strangers as they struggle to survive amidst certain death...

- taken from here

Sounds like it to me. Never heard of this show, was it any good? If it is the show in question :rolleyes:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Oh, yessssss...

That's the one! Thanks a lot!

1995 eh? I think it aired here at around 1997-1998.

The show was pretty good as far as I can remember. The characters were developed in a nice and timely manner, with nobody stealing the show. The screenshots are from the end of the very first episode. I remember I was on the edge of my seat with that T-Rex trying to burst into their ship.

The characters had pretty funny names, but that could be alluded to it being dubbed. I mean...Boss? God? Silence? President? Crybaby?

If I could figure out how to download the episodes displayed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It won't take long before I do get them...[and I once had them all on tapes...]

Once again, thanks a lot!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

There are episodes on youtube. However they're under "Jura Tripper" and in German I believe.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Fantastic. You're my hero ;)