[RID,UT] Why did they turn Nitro Convoy into a girl?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Are the people posting jokes in here the exact same people who lambasted you for recycling already pathetic jokes somewhere else?

Eh?

Well?

I'm gonna quote/bump this every 24 hours until I get an answer...
exodus42
Protoform

Post by exodus42 »

Well the argument over whether or not TFs need both sexes comes to a standstill as well as to whether or not we can discuss things of this nature without the thread being derailed by a bunch of jokes. It's okay to have your fun but, think about how many times you go to read a thread you are absolutely interested in and it ends up being three pages of everyone slamming another on any snide remark they made in what they think is whimsical humor. (remember words do not translate well into sarcastic expressions) It is easy to misinterpret what others are saying, Cliffy is good example of guy looking to have fun with one his hobbies and anytime he does he gets persecuted for doing so by anyone that reads it. But if we were all hanging out at his place having these conversations we would all be laughing our cans off. lets all be mature have fun, create interesting points and not give everyone the impression that none of us get any action ourselves(unlike trekkies).

Go ahead and slam this post you know you want to. :smokin:
If you want "peace" the only thing you must do is...DIE
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Whilst what you say is true (especially the bit about Trekkies), I don't see what it's got to do with Darclipto blatantly ignoring my question.

He essentially levelled a blanket accusation of hypocrisy against the entire board. I'm not letting him pretend it didn't happen. You don't just walk away from that. Especially as he's posted in this thread since I asked the question.

Jack Bauer could have saved the world in the time it's taken him not to address the issue.
exodus42
Protoform

Post by exodus42 »

I didn't realize you were asking him specifically, and though it is a good question he seems to state that he will ignore anyone who says anything negative about his posts.:smokin:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well I can't see him lasting long on a discussion board, then.
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Are the people posting jokes in here the exact same people who lambasted you for recycling already pathetic jokes somewhere else?

NO... I already stated that it's not really hypocrytical. It's more annoying than anything that one minute I'm being insulted for saying jokes then the next I get nothing but jokes in my topic. Not that I have anything against jokes, since I say them myself.

And yes, I did blantantly ignore your comments. I can go to a Pro Wrestling board if I wanted multiple users "ganging up" on me. And no, I did not call the entire message board hypocrits. I chose the wrong word there. Is it a big deal? Maybe to you it is... another example of people on a messge board taking things way too seriously.
:glance:
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

This guy makes Bountyhunter seem level-headed.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Darclipto
NO... I already stated that it's not really hypocrytical. It's more annoying than anything that one minute I'm being insulted for saying jokes then the next I get nothing but jokes in my topic. Not that I have anything against jokes, since I say them myself.
Did you even read my post?

I asked you a question. It was a simple yes/no deal. You've only got a case if it's the same people involved in each instance. Which it wasn't. THAT is all I want you to acknowledge. You haven't done so, ergo I want you to.

You also then said to Cliffy that it's hypocritical that he insulted you, because you didn't insult him. What you did was drag his previous behaviour into a topic that had nothing to do with it.

This is your own creation, Frankenstein. Don't cry when it bitchslaps you.
And yes, I did blantantly ignore your comments. I can go to a Pro Wrestling board if I wanted multiple users "ganging up" on me. And no, I did not call the entire message board hypocrits.
No, you just implied it. I said "levelled a blanket accusation" - which is what you did, seeing as you obviouly weren't referring to an individual, as none of those who'd posted were guilty of what you'd accused them of. Therefore the implication is that you were addressing all of us as a whole.

And I'm not "ganging up on you" - I'm forcing you to take some ****ing responsibility for your behaviour. If Cliffy wants to rant at you, that's his business. He didn't fire up the Batsignal - I got involved because you're being a ****.
I chose the wrong word there. Is it a big deal? Maybe to you it is... another example of people on a messge board taking things way too seriously.

Says the paranoid lunatic who blames the entire board for the actions of one person.

And I love the fact that you're accusing everybody else of taking things too seriously, when this whole thing kicked off because people made "non serious responses to your post." People who actually read a decent cross-section of my daily output know how seriously I take my posts - in that I don't. At all.

Also - whining because you got nothing but jokes as replies? Jesus Christ - there were two. In the space of what? An hour and a half?

I really don't see you lasting long here if you don't have the patience to let people actually reply to your topic. If it had been two days, and there had been no further replies, you might have had a case. As it is, all you've done is embarass yourself.

Right, I'm done. Who else wants a go, seeing as he's already convinced we're ganging up on him?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Right, I'm done. Who else wants a go, seeing as he's already convinced we're ganging up on him?

No thanks, I'm a one man's man. Or one woman's man, depending on what I feel like. :(
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And, just for the record, I'm not actually wound up at all in my previous post - I'm traditionally long-winded and wordy when explaining something. There's only one person in this thread who's getting bent out of shape, and it's neither me nor Cliffy.
exodus42
Protoform

Post by exodus42 »

Ganging up on him?

If we take a stupid comment and hold the person responsible for said comment, that is not ganging up. Especially since only THREE peolple have been posting directly to him, if would read the rest of the thread instead of choosing only the ones that address him personally he might find out that we were actually responding with some "seriousness". Hey, 'Clipto I tried to take you "seriously" and even gave an effort to back you up, but in your last post a hole was dug that I must simply walk around to get to the other side.:smokin:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Lets get this serious and important topic back on track...

Which Transformers have the biggest chest? Jazz? Prowl?

Oh, and Nitro Convoy's sex change could be considered tit for tat for the Japanese making Airrazor a bloke...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Darclipto
another example of people on a messge board taking things way too seriously.

Brend covered most of it, but I should restate that a) you're the one bubbling away in an unrelated thread about this and b) that you're basically a dictionary definition of hypocrisy, which might make it easier to check next time you feel like bandying around a word you don't understand.

All things considered, I stick by my initial diagnosis: You're a wanker.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Hey Cliffy, call me a wanker too, please.

I love posting on this board. It's the only one i post on and the people are an excentric bunch who know there Transformers and like to laugh at them at the same time.

The Transformers is pretty unique in that it can be serious and heartfelt and truly corny. There is no real reason to get bent outta shape around here.

I'm not against a good flame war, hell they are great to read. Let's just try to remain friends around here. Like it was said before, if we were all at Cliffjumper's house we would get along pretty well. And we would run out of beer in a hurry.

I'll bring some beer,
Come on and wind me up.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Like it was said before, if we were all at Cliffjumper's house we would get along pretty well.
Hell of an assumption.
And we would run out of beer in a hurry.

Somebody would be drowned in it first, most likely...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by exodus42
I only have one question-

Why do all the femmbots seem to have breasts? Aside from the butchy Override, they all have chestplates that resemble knockers. Remember the first transmetal 2 Blackarachnia was pulled from a lot of stores because of this. And when you watch the episode in G1 (I forget the title) where they go back to Cybertron and help Moonracer and Alita-1 thay also have implications of a chest.

ELITA-1 ... E ...

Actually, I always thought that it was the leg-forms and hips of the G1 femme-bots that defined them as 'barbie-like'. If you're going by the chest hull, then Jazz, Prowl, Smokescreen, et al, would be female.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Dammit, all this talk about fembots have made me want Armada Airazor.

Poor Airazor...no animation coverage and only few screens in the comic, and then she gets turned into one of Unicron's minions. :(
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hell of an assumption.

If they brought him Lego and/or Gobots he'd probably treat them better than his own family.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I treat most of the posters here better than my own family.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I was always under the impression that you ate your family when you were born, to properly announce your arrival...