[RID,UT] Starscream, is that you?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
The Green Knight

Starscream, is that you?

Post by The Green Knight »

Look at the Armada Starscream:
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002 ... Close1.jpg
Is this a new character based on the G-1 Starscream, or has the fallen G-1 lieutenant's immortal spark finally obtained a new body?
Quickswitch6

Post by Quickswitch6 »

Who cares? The piont is it's a new starscream.
"No, the point is you are a fool"
BIONICS
Protoform

Post by BIONICS »

I've heard a lot of complains about the Armada incarnation not looking enough like the original Starscream, but I think it's pretty damn slick myself. I mean, the head looks enough like him. You can almost see that crafty, supercilious smirk gracing his mechanical visage. Plus, he's got a bad-ass sword now. If only Chris Latta were still around to do his voice.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

A twisted, wicked, and pure backstabbingly evil grin, yep that's gotta be our good ol buddy Screamer! :D

Screamer wasn't dead at the end of the American G1 though, Unicron gave him his body back, he just went spinning through space w/Galvatron and the Decpeticons shooting at him. So unless they hunted him down and finished him off again during the commercial break, by my calculations it's perfectly logical for Screamer to live. I know this puts a kink in things when you think about his bodyless spark in Beast Wars, but then again think they went back in time so who's to say Screamers spark didn't too while it wasn't attached to a body.
The Green Knight

I think he came back and got this new body. He's outlived so many other Transformers. I like that sword too.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I have to agree, the sword is a nice touch. I'm sure he'll more than eagerly use it in battle *LOL* *Pictures Megs gettin whacked in the back of the head*. I'll have to say Screamer's stunts in G1 provided me hrs and hrs of laughs, i hope he does it again in Armada.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

One thing I don't like about it is how one of his wings as his sword makes him unsymmetrical, but other than that it looks like a great toy. Can't wait!
Hang on to your ego.
AWF Mayhem

Post by AWF Mayhem »

yea i think optimus an starscream r the originals

don't kno wot to think bout others.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Get the guy who did terrosaurs voice in beastwars to do the new Starscreams voice.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Yeah the guy that did Terrosaur's voice did Starcreams voice in that one episode and i think it was pretty good, but we know how Hasbro is on worrying about accuracy *LOL* mite as well forget that good idea. :(
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Starscream IS Starscream. Hasbro loves to recycle old G1 names look how many Optimus's and Megatron's we've had??! Their is only ONE Starscream though. The setting for Armada is 2010. Starscream was given his body back by Unicron in 2006 then we don't see him again. My guess is he has been biding his time reconstructing a new more powerful body for himself. His spark went back in time BEFORE his meeting with Unicron. I also believe that Armada Megatron = G1 Galvatron reformed. He a descendent of G1 Megs??? Mmmmmhmmmm.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Starscreamer
The setting for Armada is 2010. Starscream was given his body back by Unicron in 2006 then we don't see him again.
Unless you think of things through a Japanese perspective. Then it looks really silly...
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I can't wait to get him!
NrKy
Protoform

Post by NrKy »

just please god let leonard nemoy do the voice of megs, PLEASE!
he was the best of the whole lot, better than that crappy one in bw!
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

There is only one Starscream, which is the voice actor who did his voice. Now that he passed away (from what I've heard), the new Starscream imo is not, and will never be, the old Starscream.
The Green Knight

Yes, Starscream's original voice actor, Chris Latta, died in 1994.

*observes a moment of silence for Chris*

Doug Parker, long time imitator of Chirs' characterizations, did the Screamer's voice in his Beast Wars appearance. I guess he did okay, but to me it just wasn't the same.

Who will voice the character in the future? Will Doug Parker take up the role again? Or will someone else? Will they even want the character to sound the same? I hope so. Hey, maybe Hasbro should give me a call, it's not like I'm doing anything that important...
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Just out of curiousity was Doug Parker also the same guy that did Terrosaur's voice in Beast wars?
The Green Knight

Yep. In fact, that's why Terrorsaur didn't speak much (or not at all, if I recall correctly), because they didn't want to draw too many parallels between his voice and Starscream's voice during the episode.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by NrKy
just please god let leonard nemoy do the voice of megs, PLEASE!
Much as I feel Hasbro is behind this new series, I don't think they have that scale a budget.