New England Patriots - Super Bowl Champs

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Optimus'
Protoform

Post by Optimus' »

Originally posted by BIONICS
Now if only the Red Sox could win the World Series...:D
Don'y hate me for saying this but I have to:

The Sox re NEVER gonna make it! We've never made it since we traded Babe Ruth!

Sorry I just had to get that of my chest.
I can only be nice to one person today.

TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY.

Tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Incidentally, how come it's called the World Series, when only American teams play in it?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ultrasabre
Protoform

Congradulations

Post by Ultrasabre »

YA!! That was a good game!! I was going for them! I always go for the underdog unless my team is in there!!! They played very well!! Congrats!!!
My grandma Perfelia Gutierrez was Born June 6, 1928 and died March 14, 2002. RIP Grandma.
:(
My simpathy goes out to those who lost loved ones on 9-11-01.

BIONICS
Protoform

Post by BIONICS »

Bah, we'll make it. The Patriots came out of nowhere to whup ass, and now it's time for the Red Sox to do the same. Heh, although it's much more of a longshot.
Originally posted by Sixswitch
Incidentally, how come it's called the World Series, when only American teams play in it?
Hrm, it just sounds cooler. Are you insinuating that there is some team out there in the world that is better than the World Series Champions? Not likely.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Canadian teams win to :P
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

You mean, Toronto blaster......
Strange.....
Toronto always seems to be tops when it comes to professional sports in canada.....
(and the world in the relm of hockey! Hey, they don't call it hockey town for nothing folks!)
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Optimus'
The Sox re NEVER gonna make it! We've never made it since we traded Babe Ruth!
They will make it. Unless they cancel major league baseball, there will someday be a victory for sox. I know that now. I once said the same thing about the Patriots, but then they proved me wrong this year. That was because it didn't focus solely on single players. Everybody contributed to the victory and gave their all. They were a team, they were the dream. They gave me back my faith n oston teams.

The "Curse of the Bambino" is total bullsh*t. Its just an excuse for the players not wanting to win. The Pats wanted that win, and they won, even though the odds were stacked against them. They are true champions.

Once the Sox realize that they want the world series, and that they have to work together for a common goal, then I will predict a world series victory.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Course of the Bambino? What is that? Sounds like something out of a cheap horror movie.

-SS
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Optimus'
Protoform

Post by Optimus' »

Course of the Bambino? What is that?
I'm nit sure but I think it has to do with the fact that we've never made the series since we traded Babe Ruth.

TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY.

ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Well, the curse of the Bambino, is this

Back in the day, the Red Sox had one player who was considered to be one of the greatest of all time, George "Babe" Ruth. Now the Babe led the Sox to quite a few World Series championships.

After one season, the Red Sox traded the Babe to the Yankees, and ever since the Red Sox have been unable to win a Championship. Some people say that it is because of a "curse" put on the team after Ruth left
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime

They will make it. Unless they cancel major league baseball, there will someday be a victory for sox
And if someone puts a lid on the Yankees salary cap. The Yankees went out and showed why we all hate them and signed Jason Giambi to a big contract and resigning Scott Brosius to a contract. What the Red Sox need is for a healthy season from it's players. It's what killed them last season.

As far as the Bambino Curse goes I think it's rubbish. But the Billy Goat Curse is alive and kicking and I ain't gonna complain.
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Eh, Yankees aren't unbeatable. The Sox just need to want it, and become a team. Of course, a healthy season would help.
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by Blitzwing 2

But the Billy Goat Curse is alive and kicking and I ain't gonna complain.
Don't get me started on that one
Optimus'
Protoform

Post by Optimus' »

But the Billy Goat Curse is alive and kicking and I ain't gonna complain.
WTF is that?

TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY.

Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

WTF is that?
What he said. Sounds like a title for a childrens mystery book.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

WTF is that?
A long long LONG time ago, back when the Cubs where in contention for the penant(Or was it in when they where in the World Series? I kinda forget the fine details of the story), a Greek immigrant that was a Cubs fan went to a game and brought along his goat. Well, he gets to the game and they say that he can't bring it into the stadium. So, mad at this fact, he curses the Cubs and ever since then the team hasn't been to the World Series.

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

The Yankees went out and showed why we all hate them and signed Jason Giambi to a big contract and resigning Scott Brosius to a contract.

Errr...Brosius retired, dude. They got Ventura instead. And personally, I don't think they improved their team drastically at all. Yeah, they got the most coveted prize, but think of how that 126 million could have been spent; they could have gotten 2 or three reliable players to fill the voids they created. Instead they have White and Ventura and no one knows who will play right. If the Sox are gonna have a chance, this might be the year for it. Cuz all the Yanks did was spend 126 mil on a guy who'll get maybe 10 more HRs and 30 more RBI than Tino Martinez does a year.

And with Dan Duquette out of the picture, there may be some sinergy in the Sox front office yet. For their sake, I hope so.

R.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Preach on Brother Red!
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
BIONICS
Protoform

Post by BIONICS »

Yeah, I'm thinking that Giambi could prove to have a lackluster season. Hell, I hope he pulls a Juan Gonzalez, when Juan went to the Tigers a few years back. As for the Red Sox, their line-up is actually looking very good. Damon as lead-off, followed by Trot Nixon, Nomar, Manny, and Tony Clark isn't bad at all. It'll all come down to the pitching again. Hopefully, all the acquisitions they've made in terms of pitching turn out alright. I think Lowe can do well as a starter...that's what he was before, anyhow. Pedro can't do it alone...
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Originally posted by Redstreak

Errr...Brosius retired, dude. They got Ventura insteadR.
Ops. I knew they did something at third.

JAWS vs. Chucky