Trouble transforming masterpiece Convoy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
stoltobot
Protoform

Trouble transforming masterpiece Convoy

Post by stoltobot »

I finally recieved masterpiece Convoy for my birthday and for the most part it is totally awesome. Kudos to my girlfriend who must have spent an awful lot to purchase and send him, I'm guessing over AUD$200. I was jumping for joy when I finally got him out of his little twist tie prison. However, there is one little niggling problem...

Does anybody else have trouble sliding the legs up when turning Convoy into a truck? Is there a trick to it? I've tried it gently, I've tried bashing it into the table, I've looked for things that might be obstructing it but I still can't get them in.

Does anybody else have the same problem? I've only heard of one such other case on the net but no explanation as to how he got past it.
________
MERCURY CAPRI
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

If I'm thinking of the right thing, you have to push in the little silver things on the sides of his legs to "unlock" the legs to slide them in.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I had the same problem, even by pressing the silver tubes. It happened with his left leg.

The solution came up one day, when I was trying to transform him, it actually went in without any problems. Since that day he is in truck mode...
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

I don't think mine's been moved out of bot mode since the day I bought him home... My lord did he give me grief the first time I tried transforming him, although I've got Prime, not convoy, but I don't think there's any real difference other than shortened stacks anyhow is there?

(oh, and the price tag...)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

besides the legs, there aren't any difficult parts to transform...

smokescreen [bt, alt] is more difficult due to those stupid arms...
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by deej
I don't think mine's been moved out of bot mode since the day I bought him home... My lord did he give me grief the first time I tried transforming him, although I've got Prime, not convoy, but I don't think there's any real difference other than shortened stacks anyhow is there?

(oh, and the price tag...)

well,the battle damage and the fact mp can hold the axe in both hands,unlike 20 ann who can only use the left(or right,i cant remember).
its been 3 weeks since my 20 ann prime died.may he rest in peace before i kitbash him to a tftm dead prime
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Looks like the legs cause difficulty on a number of MP/20th A Primes. Just push both the silver drums in on his legs before trying to slide them in (mine tend to click when they unlock). Otherwise maybe try some WD-40 if that fails...
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

I got one in!...it was kinda like an old lock where you have to wiggle the key and the petrol tank is the key. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the other one;)

Update: I got the other one in! I found out that instead of pushing the tank I had to try forcefully pulling it back from the cab end. this seemed to release the mechanism and let the legs lide free.

Also, is the quantity of metal any different between Prime and Convoy? The box that Convoy comes in definitely gives him an initial feel of prestige and quality. The feeling I got from Prime when I saw him in his box was more like "ages 5 and up" if you know what I mean.
________
YAMAHA XS750
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Good, I might as well try that when I decide to transform him to robot and then back to truck mode again.

I haven't touched a 20th anniversary prime to comment on the quality of the metal, but I agree on the comment about the box.

Even so, I wouldn't care that much if he had longer smokestacks and no black marks on the arms. Those things are just ugly and make him look dirty [lol]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by dedicon
well,the battle damage and the fact mp can hold the axe in both hands,unlike 20 ann who can only use the left(or right,i cant remember).

Prime can use the axe in either hand as well.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Clay
Prime can use the axe in either hand as well.

mine cant...well couldnt.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

MP Prime can hold the axe in both arm. Works on my 2. Got all 3 versions of Masterpiece Prime/Convoy and apart from the battle damage and short smokestacks the build quality is the same.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v437/Staz ... C00019.jpg