I hate working in the ghetto...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

I hate working in the ghetto...

Post by DrSpengler »

I live in Springfield, VA which is just a a few miles away from DC. So we tend to get a lot of DC's problems. MS-13, the big gang in DC, has decided to start moving into Springfield. Springfield Mall, where I work, is the big hang out for all the gang members, thug-wannabes and all around retards with guns.

Well, the Bank of America we do all our transactions at work (Suncoast Video) at got robbed yesterday. It's located in the Springfield Mall parking lot and a group of thugs decided to rob it at gunpoint. My boss Megan was actually there when it happened and they took all the money she had for change (several hundred). It's not the first time either. Two years ago one of the managers at Suncoast got shot and killed in the bank parking lot while he was dropping off the nightly deposit. That's why we have to go in pairs at night now.

The sooner I graduate from NOVA and get out of this f*cking country the better.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

hope things will be better,for you and for Springfield.
gangs are the ugliest thing in the world. unlike war which can be "justified"(or at least excused by ****ty politicians) they truly have no cause for life other than corruption.

if you want a quick colt m16 training ill be always glad to help.;)
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by dedicon
if you want a quick colt m16 training ill be always glad to help.;)

AK47 > M16

Mainly because if you try smacking someone with the butt of an M16, you're left with a broken butt.

Spengs, I feel for you man. I'm from Danville and it's pretty much the same type of deal (though our thugs aren't quite as violent as in NOVA or Hampton Roads) and with the backbone of the economy (Dan River Mills) moving to Mexico soon, I expect crime to skyrocket.

There are safe places in this country still, just not around urban areas.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Sir Auros

Mainly because if you try smacking someone with the butt of an M16, you're left with a broken butt.

Not really

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Move to Canada.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, the area I'm in is fast becoming a ghetto (even moreso, now that extra-curriculars have been fragged). However, I'm planning to move into the college area of Boston soon, so the only thing I have to worry about are those dang yuppies (you know you're a yuppy when you order a venti mocha frappuchino at starbucks). ;)
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
AK47 > M16

depends on the shooter.
many yellow targets were left headless cause of my m16.
if they could,the would cry.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

Well I live in NYC it's gang central over here. Just gotta know your way around. Been mugged once before learned my lesson. Some guys tried to rob me in brooklyn and in manhattan but I got away. So either you avoid them completely or you stand up to them. I have done both. Once you look scared they are going to get you everyday of the week. As for when a gun is involved just give them the money.
________
Uggs
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I got mugged once at Sprinfield Mall. It was my own fault, really.

This nice black guy (I'm going somewhere with this) asked me at around 7pm if I could give him a ride to Semenary road. That was maybe 10 minutes away. I decided to do the nice thing and not judge him by a stereotype that all black people are thugs and he was like 30 and seemed real pleasant. SO I went against all better judgement and decided to be a nicce human being and give hima ride to Semenary. Got to Semenary and he said "Oh, I meant Salinger, just keep going, it's close". Go to Salinger and that's when he pulled out his gun and told me to take him to DC. SO I drove him to the middle of god-knows-where-DC and dropped him off at some crackhouse. He said he wanted all the money in my wallet so I gave it to him. Then he ran off. I guess stealing my car would've been too much trouble.

The worst part was that it took me 3 hours to get out of DC and I was scared as sh*t. I found a batch of three cops. All parked next to each other, chatting. All black guys. I told them my story (they didn't even get out of their cars or anything) and they just looked at each otehr and started laughing. Didn't even try to hide it. SO I asked how to leave and they told me to go three blocks downa nd make a left. Big surprise, it didn't get me to 95 North. It got me nowhere. But with the way DC's set up, I couldn't just turn around and ask them again. I wouldn't have anyway because it was clear they had no plans to help me.

EVENTUALLY I ended up in front of the f*cking Capitol building where I found two more cops, one white and one hispanic, who got out of their cars, calmed me down and went waaaayyyy out of their way to help me. They even lead me in their car, nice and slow, to the exit onto 95 North and gave me detailed directions on how to get back.

So yeah, sh*t happens. No, I don't hate every black person on the face of the planet just because all the ones I encountered that night were assholes. And I am very grateful it turned out as it did. It could've been MUCH worse.

But I'll tell you this, I will never, NEVER, go out of my way to help another human being again. Ever. F*ck em all. People aren't worth it. And I don't expect help from other people either. With so many assholes around I wouldn't blame anyone for not trusting me.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

I wish I could drop my sister off in the Bronx. She's 11, white, and runs around wearing a do rag, and listening to rap. Now that's all well and good, if I didn't have to listen to it. So I say to her "Could you please turn that down?" She puts her hand out and says "Nuh uh boyeeeeeeeeeee, I was raised on the streets! This is my music! G-g-g-g-g-g-UNIT!" I laughed and went on my way, not thinking she was serious. It has been one year since then.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I guess I've been lucky.

Havent really ran into into gang activity yet.

:)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Spengs, you're smarter than I am. I probably would've dropped him off, ducked under the dash to avoid gunfire, and rammed him with my car.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Spengs, you're smarter than I am. I probably would've dropped him off, ducked under the dash to avoid gunfire, and rammed him with my car.

And that's why we love you...
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald

Yes! We love how prone to violence you are!!! Die!!!! :mad:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald

Because I'm insane enough to do something that foolish?
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Because I'm insane enough to do something that foolish?

No, because you'll admit it to us!!

:laugh:
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

move to vancouver, i love it here. we have our share of gangters too but theyre just suburban white kids who watch to much mtv. the worst any of the gangsters here have done to me was throw a slurpee at my dads car and when my dad chased them down and caught them he made them wash his car and they did.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

See, this is one of the things I like about Winnipeg. Our gangs are usually too preoccupied with killing each other and sucking up to the Hells Angels to actually have the time to harrass anyone. Those that do find the time for it are usually scrawny fourteen-year-olds that I can chase off without even trying.

Though TBH, most of my encounters with them involve them trying to sell me low-quality weed, so confrontation is unnecessary.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Spengs, those cops were really TERRISTS in disguise, because they werent willing to help a 'fellow' American. You must destroy them and steal their oil.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

you are always welcome to israel you know.in here,your fears will be so occupied about not blowing up you wont even care about some silly gun