Alienware rocks!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Alienware rocks!

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

On the 4th, I contacted Alienware about getting a replacement video card, since my old one isn't working right. They said it would ship in 1-2 business days, and their web site said replacements usually take "5-7 business days" to arrive. 9 business days later, it still hadn't come, so I called. They had not yet sent one, because they were out of stock. they said they would recieve another one to send me in "3-4 weeks". I was mad. I called customer support, posted on their forums, and did a bunch of complaining. Not only are they supposed to notify you be email if your order gets delayed (which they didn't), they are also supposed to apply a "forced upgrade" if they are out of stock. I pointed these out to them.

Then, I left the house for 3 days. I come back, and Fed-ex left a notice saying that they attempted to deliver something, but I wasn't home, they will try again monday, etc. etc. I look online, and they shipped it the day after I did all the complaining, by 2 day air (they normally use standard ground shipping).

And, the best part... they did apply a forced upgrade... they didn't upgrade my 128 mb radeon 9700 pro to a 9800, or something like that....

ATI RADEON X800 PRO 256MB.

Strait from the web site. Pretty much THE best card Alienware could give me, and a huge upgrade over my old card.

I think it might be to keep me from complaining to much, a bribe, of sorts... but I don't really care. I'm drooling, at the moment, far too busy to complain. Wheee!
He's alive. Go figure.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

wow, we just got a new video card too because ours was pretty much dead

then my dad installed it and apparently touched the wrong places and fried it, so we got another one free (im pretty sure)
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Garand

Post by Garand »

Give me the X800 or you're banned. I can't even get those yet, even through the partner channel..

So.. it is as good as they say it is?
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Garand
Give me the X800 or you're banned. I can't even get those yet, even through the partner channel..

hmm... attempting to rule in clays stead?

and your baning opinion is worth more than his too:eek:
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Originally posted by Garand

No idea, Mom picked it up from the FedEx delivery place, but wont be back for another half an hour.

Though you should be able to get them... they have been sold commerically for a while, now.

I'm just all excited that they sent me such a leet card to replace my 2 year old one...
He's alive. Go figure.
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

alienware is too expensive
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/29/old-man/videos/1]Old Man Movies[/url]
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

they make really nice gaming comps though