[Awwww Hells yeah!!!]"ASH... is in many ways the only honest to goodness Horror HERO"

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scarrita
Protoform

[Awwww Hells yeah!!!]"ASH... is in many ways the only honest to goodness Horror HERO"

Post by Scarrita »

By way of AICN, it sounds like things are picking up for Ash vs Freddy vs Jason... This needs to happen:
Ash's team fighting to get him to kick the bejeesus out of Freddy & Jason!
Hey folks, Harry here... Tomorrow you'll find out that Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert and Bruce Campbell are in the thick of negotiations to have ASH kick the living **** out FREDDY and JASON. Now, we all know they've been talking about it since way the hell back when FREDDY VS JASON came out, but they've continued to work on getting this thing to happen.
Why?
Well, as you have probably noticed... Bruce Campbell is beginning to catch on. The feeling is, that by having Ash kick the **** out of Freddy and Jason... not only will the character of ASH be spring-boarded into the mainstream by those two Horror mainstays, but will be popular enough to risk sinking major money and promotion into an ASH stand-alone film. I know... geek wet dream material, but let's face it... the only way Sam Raimi would get back to directing ASH instead of wasting his time on these little films for Sony, is if ASH can be held in a higher esteem. At least, that's what the folks at CAA are whispering.
Now is the deal done? No, but it's getting close... the negotiations have turned quite friendly and everyone involved thinks this is a doable deal... that's why the trades are going to go ahead with the "in negotiations" story which is like the biggest "NO ****" I've seen in a long time.
Raimi and crew seem to be high on the treatment coming out of New Line, but as soon as the deal gets worked out, the next step of banging the script out, finding the right director (NOT PAUL W.S. ANDERSON) and then picking the right selection of potential redmeat for everyone to chop up, possess, squish, pummel, bite, eat, saw and all around slaughter will have to begin. It just has to have a badass S-MART battle. Ya know... if they don't **** this up ala Fox, this could be the great geekgasm mop the floors flick of 2005 or 2006. Ya better believe we'll continue to twist arms and step on the appropriate ballsacks to get the nitty gritty on this baby.
What I particularly like about this concept for a movie is that so far... Freddy & Jason have been the stars of their films, with nobody on an equal footing to really combat their evilness. ASH... is in many ways the only honest to goodness Horror HERO. And I mean that in the cult film variety that has the geek cred to take those ****ers on. They're both child murderers... and that kinda pisses me off, I mean... Seeing Ash punish those ****s for 8 hours is kinda on my... gotta see list. Besides just hearing Ash quip **** to Freddy... will be heaven. Ya know?
It would be nice if they could get Sam to direct seeing how he is so hot with Spiderman nowadays...
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

*chuckles*

For a second, I thought you were talking about Ash from Pokemon.............
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

I thought he was talkin' about Ash from King of Fighters 2003
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

so am i the only one who knew the ash he was talking about when i read the topic title
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Course not. i am sure dr sepngler knows it very well .
Ash from the evil dead series one of the best horror series out there.
I am quite sure you spotted the evil dead 2 references in spiderman 2 if you saw it

il swallow your soul swallow your soul !!
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Dead Pool
Protoform

Er.... no.

Post by Dead Pool »

Ash vs Freddy vs Jason is a horrible idea in my opinion.

Might as well throw in Chucky and Pumpkinhead and get the Wayans Brothers to direct it.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by bluekatt
i am sure dr sepngler knows it very well .

Dr Spengler has not posted anything in this thread.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Freddy Vs Jason was a classic, just for the ugly one out of Destineys Child geting her nose ripped off...;) Ash Vs. Freddy Vs. Jason will be an Oscar contender.:p
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
The Wild One

Re: Er.... no.

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by Dead Pool
Ash vs Freddy vs Jason is a horrible idea in my opinion.

Might as well throw in Chucky and Pumpkinhead and get the Wayans Brothers to direct it.

Shudders at the tought......:sick:
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Groovy.
Originally posted by CounterPunch
so am i the only one who knew the ash he was talking about when i read the topic title

Well, when I saw the title, my first thought was "Hail to the king, baby!"
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Dr Spengler has not posted anything in this thread.
Then i must have been wrong.
On topic.
Though it would be awesome to see and i woudl certainly go to the theaters for it .
I doubt it could work or will ever happen .
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Camp... (And I don't mean what first person shooter players dislike while playing)

That is what it is all about. We will never see Freddy or Jason in a seriously purely scary role ever again, gone are that days where there was nothing but fear while watching those movies. In both cases it has been a seriously long time so why not liven it up with the king of camp Bruce "Ash" Campbell (see, it's in the name).
In the end it is all we're gonna get so it might be the best we can get. I think that the franchise (and that is what it is now, we'll probably never see another Nightmare or Friday anytime soon, or perhaps ever again) has to grow beyond the first movie and the studio isn't gonna settle for just Freddy vs Jason vs Some Kids again. The solution is simple: bring in a hero. Ash, as stated is the only big horror hero out there that character-wise can hold his own with those "monster" characters.

As long as the writing is handled well there isn't anyway that the movie will suck, granted that is asking alot from Hollywood these days.

Granted by the time the franchise has gotten to its fifth or sixth movie it'll probably be Freddy vs Jason vs Ash vs Godzilla vs Zombies vs Your Mom so it isn't going to get anyworse anytime soon. Let Ash happen, it'll be the best thing that could happen anytime soon to the movie.

Well, I think anyway.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Scarrita
vs Your Mom

:laugh: :lol:
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Well I just found the thread this minute.

I read the news earlier today over at http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com

I just didn't post anything here because I had my doubts that any of you even knew who Ash was. Hell, my thread about the recent Army of Darkness comic got maybe 5 replies. I just assumed no one would care.

Now, if done right this could be the finest idea ever. The Evil Dead trilogy has become more popular now than ever before. Ten times more people know who Ash is now than 5 years ago. Getting to see him on the big screen again would be a sure-fire way to get every horror geek to the theater in swarms.

To be honest, I have no idea how they could work him into the series and make it work. I don't mean logic-wise, I mean interaction-wise. I just an't see how he'd interact with the likes of Freddy and Jason.

Also, there are plenty of continuity issues to go around.

1: In the first Nightmare of Elm Street film Nancy is watching the Evil Dead on television in her bedroom.

2: In Evil Dead 2 there is a Freddy glove hanging above the door in the toolshed.

3: In Jason Goes To Hell the Necronomicon (Evil Dead 2 likeness) appears in the Voorhees house. You think that would be a good way to tie Ash into the series, right? Well, the crate from Creepshow appeared in the basement of the Voorhees house. If you're going to take that book as the Necronomicon then you'll have to take that crate as the crate from Creepshow. Which just wouldn't make any sense.

So the writers will have to jump through some serious hoops to get Ash into the movie. But they did a beyond excellent job with FvsJ, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Well, the crate from Creepshow appeared in the basement of the Voorhees house. If you're going to take that book as the Necronomicon then you'll have to take that crate as the crate from Creepshow. Which just wouldn't make any sense.

Solution: it was a 2nd crate from the expedition, containing God-only-knows-what, lost in transit back from the arctic and delivered to the Vorhees house by mistake. Maybe that's where the Jason-creature thing really came from, merely inhabiting the boy's body. Perhaps he was resistant to the damaging effects of the creature, becoming deformed in appearance instead of dying.

Ah... no, that crate, there was probably nothing in there but a bunch of rocks and plants so old they'll turn to dust when you touch them.

Irregardless, the crate is not that big a problem, as the original was clearly destroyed in the end of that tale.

And, since when has continuity ever been a real problem for any of the Nightmare or F13 movies? They are rarely consistant movie-to-movie, so pasting them together for a spinoff isn't that big a deal.

Oh, and I used to think that Ash should fight Leatherface. But given that Dustin Hopper kicked the masked cannibal's ass in a chainsaw duel, a fight with Ash is a foregone conclusion. The Saw Is Family for Leatherface, but the Saw is literally a part of Ash. When you add in ole doublebarrel there, it's brutally unfair to Leatherface. No; Freddy & Jason are the answer, but only if they join forces...

... of course, Ash will still win, but it won't be over in 5 minutes, which would happen if he faced either of them alone...
Back for good... for Evil.
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

am i the only one who would really like to see a jason vs freddy vs alien vs predetor vs ash vs leatherface vs chucky vs jaws movie?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Ash defeated pure evil, a feat that Freddy nor Jason have accomplished. Given this fact I would like to see how well they do against the forces of evil. You see the story would not just be about the 3 characters, but rather a larger evil that tends to surround the Ash character. I would love to see Freddy being pounded by a zombie, or vice versa.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Snake
Solution: it was a 2nd crate from the expedition, containing God-only-knows-what, lost in transit back from the arctic and delivered to the Vorhees house by mistake. Maybe that's where the Jason-creature thing really came from, merely inhabiting the boy's body. Perhaps he was resistant to the damaging effects of the creature, becoming deformed in appearance instead of dying.

Ah... no, that crate, there was probably nothing in there but a bunch of rocks and plants so old they'll turn to dust when you touch them.

Irregardless, the crate is not that big a problem, as the original was clearly destroyed in the end of that tale.
Nice. Image
And, since when has continuity ever been a real problem for any of the Nightmare or F13 movies? They are rarely consistant movie-to-movie, so pasting them together for a spinoff isn't that big a deal.

Well, to be honest, both franchises kept excellent continuity. The only major problem among the F13 films is Jason's appearance. His clothes alter quite a bit.

They did an above excellent job in FvsJ to keep good continuity. The montage at the beginning showed Freddy's death at the end of ANOES6. Jason was seen at the beginning buried in the dirt. At the finale of JGTH his body got dragged into the ground and his soul got taken to hell.

The only major continuity issues in FvsJ were

1: Springwood was last seen childless and in a mass psychosis. It can be theorized that after Freddy was killed the people of Springwood were free from his control. The ANOES movies clearly show that the stronger Freddy gets the more power he has over the real world. In ANOES 4 he was able to stall Alice and her boyfriend by imprisoning them in an endless loop of events, until they managed to figure it out. At the conclusion of the film the souls of all the children Freddy had killed were freed and Freddy thus became extremely weak. In ANOES 6 the prologue explained that Freddy had managed to kill every last kid in Springwood and thus became more powerful than ever. So much so that he threw all the adults into a state of retardation and was able to bend the geography of Springwood so that no one could leave (as seen with the van constantly going in circles). People could only leave if he allowed them to ("John Doe" was the last kid left in Springwood and Freddy allowed him to leave so that he could bring back more people).

In FvsJ Springwood is a normal town only 2 years after the events of ANOES 6 (takes place in 2001, as indicated in the prologue). Hard to imagine it returning to normal after what had happened. It does, however, explain the mass conspiracy among the townspeople. After their experience under Freddy's control they banded together to Wipe Freddy out of the history books. But what is never explained is where all the kids now living in Springwood came from. Did a lot of people move in during that 2 year period?

2: Jason's appearance. In F13 7 his mask gets destroyed. In F13 8 he gets a new mask from a teenager (who modeled it to look just like Jason's original mask, complete with axe wound). At the end of the movie Jason's mask gets singed in toxic waste. In JGTH his mask is seen as being singed around the edges (good continuity) and the toxic waste has made him bloat quite a bit. He almost looks fat. Now, when we see Jason dig himself out of his hole in FvsJ he is no longer so bulky and fat. That can be explained as the effects of decay. He was wormfood for a while. But what isn't explained is his clothes and mask. His clothes seem to change at will between F13 sequels so that's no big deal, but his mask lost all continuity. It was last seen being pulled down by Freddy's hand at the end of JGTH. When seen again it is no longer singed and the axe-mark is no longer present. Even weirder, JX takes place in 2010 (in the prologue) and Jason's mask has it's standard axe-mark. DId he get hit in the same place with an axe a second time?

So the mask and Springwood are the only major continuity issues in FvsJ. Otherwise the movie was done flawlessly in regards to continuity, which is something I was extremely grateful for. They could've just done what-the-hell-ever and made this a stand-alone film (like JX or New Nightmare), but instead they made it a point to keep great continuity.

So I would hope that they would do the same with FvsJvsA.

Oh, and it's Dennis Hopper, not Dustin Hopper.:)
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I'd see it, but I'm not sure how the Freddy vs Ash stuff would go. I could see Jason taking on Ash, though that will get far fewer one-liners than a Freddy fight would. Still, I'd watch it for sure.

We'd need Sam Raimi. It can't involve Evil Dead if it doesn't involve Sam Raimi (the reason I didn't bother with any of the comics, btw, Spengs.)
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

what does jason look like under his mask ( dont post a pic)