3rd wave energon? When?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

3rd wave energon? When?

Post by Clay »

Hi,

In the past few weeks, I've picked up energon scorponok, starscream, and today, tidal wa... I mean mirage.

I really like them quite a bit. They're quite a bit superior to the ones I had when I was a kid, so naturally, I want more!

My question is: when is the next/3rd wave of energon coming out? A precise month? I'd really like to add a sharkticon/slugslinger/shockwave to the toy box, but I don't guess they're available yet.

Also, does anyone know if they're going to release a smaller megatron than the one that's at walmart now? $40 is a lot for being uncertain.

Thanks
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Parts of Wave 3 are supposedly in stores (Arcee, Insecticon, and Mirage) but distribution isn't yet as widespread as the previous waves. Around here we still have Inferno and Hotshot warming the pegs along with all the Basic figures released to date.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Well, I've seen one insecticon, but I didn't get it because it didn't seem quite as neat as the other little terrocons. I've not seen an arcee yet, but I have found two mirages. I put one on layaway a few weeks ago and picked it up today. Also found many a demolisher.

I suppose that means the shockwave/sharkticon/slugslinger wave is number four. Would that put them around July/August with the omega and the other final items?

Mirage is definately goodie. I'm tempted to write a review of him, but I'm not sure if I can get a decent picture of him with my camera.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You could do the review anyway and we could always postpone a picture until someone else can take it.

What type of camera would you be using? We'd prefer the pictures be at least 640x480 as far as resolution goes.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Clay
I suppose that means the shockwave/sharkticon/slugslinger wave is number four. Would that put them around July/August with the omega and the other final items?

Mirage is definately goodie. I'm tempted to write a review of him, but I'm not sure if I can get a decent picture of him with my camera.

Just to get pedantic about it - It's Shockblast not Shockwave... Whereas his Japanese counterpart is called Laserwave... I think there's licensing issues in the US for them calling him Shockwave, although it might be an intentional move on Hasbro's part to differentuate the two characters (but going off the japanese naming, kind of gives rise to the theory bouncing around that there'll be some sort of connection between Tidal wave/Shockwave & Shockblast/Laserwave.... but who knows, eh?)

and Mirage rocks....no two ways about it, although his "falling off" legs get annoying when you're trying to pose him & the fact that once his arms are moved up, you can see straight thru his chest area from the side..... but hey - that's only a minor gripe :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, I know it's actually shockblast, but... that just sounds silly :p

I'll try to punch up a few paragraphs about mirage tomorrow. I checked my camera, and it can go up to 1600x1200, but I need to figure out how to turn the flash off/down. It reflects a little too much.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Natural light and no flash often gives the best pics. Just make sure the sun is behind you, you haven't got the thing you're taking pics of in shadow, etc. Curl a piece of white paper below and behind and you're set.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

How much is E Mirage? :confused:
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.