[RID,UT] Episode 52 & End to Armada

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Episode 52 & End to Armada

Post by bruticus-kaos »

I have noticed that no one has posted yet about episode 52 Mortal Combat which is the ending to Armada.

Im not going to spoil anything for anyone myself in this thread, but I am curious as to what others though about the ending of the series.

I myself jsut downloaded it along with about 10 other episodes i missed (episodes 41-52 ) and I got 52 quicker than many of the other episdoes and couldnt resist watching the end before the others finished.

I am surprised at how well the series turned around compared to the others about mid run in the series and they threw in many twist in the end that i didnt expect.The kids didnt play as gay of characters as they had before and the series actual kinda reminded me a lil of BW & BM (which i actually liked unlike most) with plot & storyline that wasnt exactly like a 5 yr. old wrote it.

what you guys think?
RID Scourge

I'm letting you off easier than others on this board.

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by bruticus-kaos
gay

For future reference, that word's not welcome here.
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

Shouldn't an auto censor prevent that?

Anyway, to get back on topic, I personally hated the ending. I was hoping for a big bang or something. :\
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Post by bruticus-kaos »

yeah i personaly was looking for a lil more than that ....but maybe they left things a lil more open to setup energon like hey did but without the casual viewer really realizing it at the time
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Post by bruticus-kaos »

O yeah Rbison ....

dig the "Here comes the Pain!" sig/banner ..... very kewl bro
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

Thanks. I like it too :D
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

I just watched this episode and it was an great end. Armada's start wasn't good,but the late episodes compensates the journey of 52 episodes.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

The end was better than the beginning - but that doesn´t mean much. What bothered me most was that they NEVER said what they knew about Unicron. I mean, Somehow they all know he´s dangerous, yet no one knows ANYTHING about him.
Also, I missed an explanation about where he´s from.

You know, I´m actually surprised they didn´t talk more about him - Armada isn´t made for hard-core fans who´d know Unicron, it´s for a new generation that probably never even heard about him - so one´d expect they´d tell about him...
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Ishin_ookami
Protoform

Post by Ishin_ookami »

Also, I missed an explanation about where he´s from.

Be thankful, heres the skinny.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Unicron is a psychic force, that has been feeding off of the TF's for millions of years, and has been building strength inside the TF moon. He created the minicons, for what reason, we dont know. and it is the hatred between the autobots and decepticons that feeds him. which is why when megatron sacrificed himself, he disappeared and rematerialized in another part of the universe. There was no hatred in that part of the galaxy for him to feed on. The worst part though, was that he takes strength from the minicons as well, and instead of killing the kids, he put them into some sort of daze, where they spoke to the minicons that were being held prisoner, and through the power of thier freindship, the minicons broke free, and unicron was defeated.

WOW!

When you manage to actually wussify a character as cool and treatening as unicron, you know you have truly personnifed **** on stick.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Spoiler

Unicron survived Transformers Armada, but knowing he would be in Energon it wasnt any surprise.
Big deal if he feeds off of war, negative emotions, his revelation added a interesting spin on peace preacher Optimus, and Megatrons sacrifice was unexpected. At leat he still eats planets. (Doubt we'll see much of that in Energon, though it would be brilliant if they kicked the series off with him devouring a inhabited planet, sending out a shadowy figure who we see is Galvatron.
ChauSara
Protoform

Post by ChauSara »

Where would we find a place to dl this epsisodes?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

hub.iaconhub.com:2005 <--Direct Connect hub.
Originally posted by RBison
Shouldn't an auto censor prevent that?

Nope. It's too busy censoring inoffensive words, like cr@p.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Be thankful, heres the skinny.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Unicron is a psychic force, that has been feeding off of the TF's for millions of years, and has been building strength inside the TF moon. He created the minicons, for what reason, we dont know. and it is the hatred between the autobots and decepticons that feeds him. which is why when megatron sacrificed himself, he disappeared and rematerialized in another part of the universe. There was no hatred in that part of the galaxy for him to feed on. The worst part though, was that he takes strength from the minicons as well, and instead of killing the kids, he put them into some sort of daze, where they spoke to the minicons that were being held prisoner, and through the power of thier freindship, the minicons broke free, and unicron was defeated.

WOW!

When you manage to actually wussify a character as cool and treatening as unicron, you know you have truly personnifed **** on stick.
Goddamnit how did I know that would happen. That's a big kick in the crotch right there.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

aint' gonna be seeing galvatron in the early portion of energon, I can say that for sure. as it's MEGATRON that will return... in the G1-esque galvatron body... scorpinok'll likely be bargained with unicron... unicron offering him the terrorcons to augment their powers by creating the energon weapons.... and the autobots likely comming across the omnicons... the neutral couterparts to terrorcons, I suppose... the starsaber'll get the change, and the revamp... Megatron likely'll show up half way through, unicron likely thinking he'll be easy to control now... but I'd suspect it to be a ploy... one from the very start. Ending, likely, with the total destruction of the chaos-bringer... if not his total destruction, banishing him to the astral plane or some such things... and I'm quite willing to bet screamer's got a significant role yet to play in energon... dead or not.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Well, I just finished watching it.

Wow.

That's all I gotta say.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Ishin_ookami

Yeah, 'cause it was so much better when he was killed by a blue ball of light that came from inside an orange with handlebars. :rolleyes:
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I was desappointed allot in the end of Armada. I saw some good signs at 51 with "Squid head" dying, and not coming back. However, over all, they need to go back and see how G1 did so well, and try to strike it again. Since they actually did better with BW with Dinobot, when compared to this molty crew in Armada. Since now it is safe to assume Hotshot will lead the united forces.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Yeah, 'cause it was so much better when he was killed by a blue ball of light that came from inside an orange with handlebars. :rolleyes:

Hey, when you're right, you're right.

And besides, he's not really dead...if the end of "Mortal Combat" is any indication...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If anything, he's invincible, since hatred can never be entirely eliminated from the universe.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
If anything, he's invincible, since hatred can never be entirely eliminated from the universe.

Well, it could But then there´d be no one remaining to enjoy the peace...

Anyway - I think Unicron gave up too soon. First they build up the hype, and then - nothing. Somehow the fight in G1 was better IMHO.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.