Seeking Dinobots

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HotShot81
Protoform

Seeking Dinobots

Post by HotShot81 »

Can anyone tell me where I could track down the dinobots, for shipping to Canada before X-Mas? Please My little brother wants them.
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

good luck m8 your only chance is ebay unless someone here will sell them to you...and are you lookiing for all the dinobots and misb g1 and so on? if so then your chances are getting silimmer if you dont want to spend an assload of cash
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
bluekatt
Protoform

Re: Seeking Dinobots

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by HotShot81
Can anyone tell me where I could track down the dinobots, for shipping to Canada before X-Mas? Please My little brother wants them.

wich dinobots are you talking about ?
the orginal G1 ones ?
good luck with those they are going to cost you
especially swoop

the g2 ones ?
just recolored versions of the orginal ones and its only grimlock slag and snarl

or the rid ( i think ) ones ?

your best bet is either ebay searching the toy stores or post advertisments online asking peopel who want topart with them

either way it wil cost you most likley more then you want to spend

especially the g1 ones
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I seek G1 dinobots, or G2 ones without the bad paint jobs. Highest on the demand list is Grimlock.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by HotShot81
I seek G1 dinobots, or G2 ones without the bad paint jobs. Highest on the demand list is Grimlock.

thats going to cost you big time
i have seen a g1 grimlock no weapons good condition fetch 70 on ebay easily
not too mention swoop (damn near unfindable)
the G2 dinobots might be a bit cheaper if you can put up with grimlock being blue snarl red and slag green
your best bet is looking on ebay
used goods websites and trading and sell lists
wonder if this forum has a trade\sell list

be prepared to bleed money though
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Definite 'little'... how young is he?

Dinobots are very well engineered, but they're a bit fragile to treat as toys, especially being ten or more years old...

Grimlock and Slag tend to go for the most, of the four that saw general release and can easily be found now. Swoop wasn't released in most of Europe, so he's much rarer (and he's more fragile than the other four combined.)

Snarl is probably next most popular, then Sludge.

Despite being released originally, as European Classic Heroes, in G2 in old colours and later in new, they're still hard to come by.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Denyer

Dinobots are very well engineered, but they're a bit fragile to treat as toys, especially being ten or more years old...

Grimlock and Slag tend to go for the most, of the four that saw general release and can easily be found now. Swoop wasn't released in most of Europe, so he's much rarer (and he's more fragile than the other four combined.)

Snarl is probably next most popular, then Sludge.

Despite being released originally, as European Classic Heroes, in G2 in old colours and later in new, they're still hard to come by.

the fact that swoop wasnt released over here is al the more galling because its the dinobot i want the most
*sighs* almost like the orginal predacosn or shockwave whom never saw the light of day over here
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I think the Predacons got an Italian release.

Down to the fact that Linea Gig (sp?) had a licensing deal with Takara to cover Italy, therefore things get complicated to explain. Suffice to say that the country had an entirely different distribution deal, so got a lot more stuff than the rest of Europe.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Brendocon
I think the Predacons got an Italian release.

Down to the fact that Linea Gig (sp?) had a licensing deal with Takara to cover Italy, therefore things get complicated to explain. Suffice to say that the country had an entirely different distribution deal, so got a lot more stuff than the rest of Europe.

sounds like i should befriend people in italy :D
and that reminds me of a other things
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by bluekatt
the fact that swoop wasnt released over here is al the more galling because its the dinobot i want the most
I'm not nearly as impressed as I thought I would be, but I eventually got my set of loose Dinobots as I aimed to do... actually, I should really get around to supergluing his beak back on.

He's so fragile it's untrue, and he's smaller than the others (posed on a block he's better, in robot mode.) I can see why he wasn't given further release, and suspect that he'd fail a lot of child safety restriction checks now.

I'd advise not expending too much time, effort or money. But I didn't listen to reviews when I got him... it's probably the only time I've bought a TF as much because it's rare as because I like it... basically, the Dinobots are the 'childhood dream' bit of my collection, though I do really love the detail of the moulds.
Civ

Post by Civ »

All I can say is, thank God I found my G1 Grimlock and Slag. Before anyone asks, no, they are not for sale.

However, something interesting has occurred to me. On all of my Takara re-issue boxes, there tend to be figures on there that have not been released like Ratchet, Ironhide, and notably, Grimlock. I can't read Japanese, so I have no idea what they say but I'm wondering if they can be ordered somehow.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

I'm not nearly as impressed as I thought I would be, but I eventually got my set of loose Dinobots as I aimed to do... actually, I should really get around to supergluing his beak back on.

He's so fragile it's untrue, and he's smaller than the others (posed on a block he's better, in robot mode.) I can see why he wasn't given further release, and suspect that he'd fail a lot of child safety restriction checks now.

I'd advise not expending too much time, effort or money. But I didn't listen to reviews when I got him... it's probably the only time I've bought a TF as much because it's rare as because I like it... basically, the Dinobots are the 'childhood dream' bit of my collection, though I do really love the detail of the moulds.

im not laughing at the super glue comment im not laughing im ..snickering yeah thats it
swoop is a failure then i hear ? hmm i stil want him if only because i never saw him irl
and werent the majority of the first G1 toys fragile ? i stil remember snapping off my first primes arm off ( my first prime the totally screwed over prime i decribed in a other thread is actually my second )
i wont pay too much for him but if i can get him in a reasonble state for a agreeabel price ( or as a japanese reissue ) there is no reaosn to say no ...( i hope )
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

im not laughing at the super glue comment im not laughing im ..snickering yeah thats it
Oh, I didn't break him. Most of the Swoops that pass through eBay are damaged in this way. If you still want to transform him properly, you can use white-tac or similar rather than glue.
werent the majority of the first G1 toys fragile ?
Well, most would shatter if you dropped them far enough onto a hard surface. Soundwave and Fort Max are examples of toys which would produce small, sharp bits of plastic if dropped.

Some are really delicate, though. Jazz's roof, Swoop's beak, Starscream's null rays... those sort of things...
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

i would not let fort max bounce
...i know what i payed for him ¬_¬
soem of my g1 tf's pm prime sprinsg to midn now who really was a brick and i tossed him about for years accidently out of a 2 story window once onto solid concrete an dhe didnt had a scratch on him ( no it just broke his weapons)
the action masters were quite sturdy as wel ( unfortunaly if there were any bots id love to demolish its an action master)

highets on my fragile lists have got to be jet fire and bt smoke screen who feels fragile looks fragile and flops over when i look at him funny
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nah, ActionMasters can be pretty nifty... check out PP's site:

http://www.custommasters.com

They actually look like the characters, which I see as the attraction.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Nah, ActionMasters can be pretty nifty... check out PP's site:

http://www.custommasters.com

They actually look like the characters, which I see as the attraction.

i see your point with action masters as shwo representatives and kit bashes they are actually quite nice
but as a transformers line they fall short because they cant transform
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Civ
However, something interesting has occurred to me. On all of my Takara re-issue boxes, there tend to be figures on there that have not been released like Ratchet, Ironhide, and notably, Grimlock. I can't read Japanese, so I have no idea what they say but I'm wondering if they can be ordered somehow.

These are the Collector Series boxes, yeah?

The "TF World" cards pretty much serve as a product catalogue for the entire "F!SRL: Transformer" line, as it was released in Japan. Put it all together and it shows you what the original line was.

Many people, however, mistake it for a "list of things in the reissue series" catalogue. It isn't. It's merely information for the collector/uninitiated.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Luck me then I got a broken Swoop of him online for about $16.
Anyway I'd check local comic stores that carry old toys. You'll probably only be able to get them at ahefty price, The cheapest I've seen even a broken dinobot go fo is $60. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/vintage/p ... t=c120p001
Found Snarl for you
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Brendocon
These are the Collector Series boxes, yeah?

The "TF World" cards pretty much serve as a product catalogue for the entire "F!SRL: Transformer" line, as it was released in Japan. Put it all together and it shows you what the original line was.

Many people, however, mistake it for a "list of things in the reissue series" catalogue. It isn't. It's merely information for the collector/uninitiated.

Ah ok, I was wondering about that because if those were available for re-issues then I would have seen them on hobby link Japan or something like that.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up: