[BW,BM] Further adventures

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Further adventures

Post by Lambda prime »

I think the Beast era was a great chapter for Transformers. It introduced cybernetic transformers, the Maximal and Predacond and the toyline was well articulated and the characters were great. The 5 US CGI seasons (3-Beast wars, 2-Beast Machines) and the untapped 2 japanese animated series were excellent. Then Robots in disguise came and tried to sway the new fans towards the old vehicles and led to Armada. hasbro has reintroduced the beasts as repaints and remolds in 'Dinobots' and 'Universe' but something will forever be missing. I think they should create a new series combining the japanese series 'beast wars Neo' and 'Beast wars 2' for US audiences. What does anyone think? It could sequal Beast machines in some way.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Well, I think that Beast Machines was the forerunner of the vehicle mode returns. Hasbro probably saw the need to somehow get a little more attractive to the older fans as 80's nostalgia was just starting to really pick up.

I'd not care to see many repaints of the BM toys. As far as TF Universe, they'll be missing a lot. The Blackarachnia toy looks splendid, but why they made Silverbolt into a Predecon, I don't understan, and Optimus looks a bit like a skunk on his head. Now- aside from that, they were really cool toys and I'm glad to see them reissuing them. Many people missed them the first time around. I'd like to see them bring out Neo BW and BW2 here on dvd, as well as a run of the toys.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Actually, Silverbolt's an autobot. They just game him decepticon colors. Tigerhawk's repaint is the only faction switcher as of now, seeing as he's a decepticon. Yup, there are no maximals/preds in this series.

I'd like to see a series with all four factions.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Maybe they could release the neo Unicron prototype as a Universe figure.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hah! He is an Autobot- how about that. I just might have to buy him now... ;)

eh, I still don't care for the color scheme, the original colors were better. It is kind of cool that they come with dvds in some stores now though.

Black Arachnia looks quite good - I must say. She and Striker are thus far the two that really said 'buy me'. I'm not sure I could go in for another whole series though, unless it was more reissues of the Jap BW. The alternators are what I'm looking forward to most right now.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Silverbolt is a lot better in person than you'd expect. His robot mode is kinda putrid, but the colour scheme works really well in Beast Mode. Black, purple and silver make him seem quite vicious, sorta like a demented clone of the original. I actually like his Beast Mode a bit better than the original. Overall the toy's a step down from the original, but I'd recommend him if you're into displaying TFs in Beast Mode.
I have to say, Universe doesn't look that great so far. Razorclaw's absolutely wonderful, definitely worth his pricetag, but the rest...
Primal and Snarl are mediocre, Reptillion is ghastly, the BM repaints don't impress me, and the RiD stuff got reactions ranging from "m'eh" to "gack". Not tempted to shell out any money for these guys any time soon.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Actually, I like Snarl a lot, and I prefer this color scheme to pictures I've seen of his Beast Machines toy.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

BWII and Neo would be great over here. Though from what I've seen of II, it's story makes RID look like an Adult cartoon, still it would be cool

And I promise not to rant about Universe in this thread........ ok, this post