Red's OTFCC Diary

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Redstreak
Protoform

Red's OTFCC Diary

Post by Redstreak »

(Copied and pasted from SEIBERTRON.COM, and honestly I'm too lazy to go through it and reedit it)

Ok, here we go...Friday Night:

I met up with TC84 first, picking him up at his house. I got there at 11am central time, well ahead of my planned arrival time. We did lunch then headed on to the hotel. Once there we saw the massive line for what we assumed was Sunstreaker(and we were right). So we went to the check-in instead, got our room and headed up to drop our luggage off. In line we met Jim, who will hopefully pop up here under the name Voot. He wound up with the room next to us. We also ran across him in line for Sunstreaker and that was basically that, he was gonna be in on everything else with us through the weekend. Also we met TF @ the Moon, as they were a bit ahead of us in line. I honestly don't know how they afforded to do this whole thing coming from England and all, but it was nice to meet them.

After getting Sunstreaker, we headed back to the room and just hung out for a bit. We'd heard from Viewfind/Reflector that he had missed his flight, so we were a bit bummed. TC wanted internet access so we found Garand, God Jinrai, and Reflector from the Archive and Garand went to help him set it up while Reflector and I hung out outside talking about the **** that went down with me and the Archive. I think I owe him some thanks for talking about it at all, as he was most helpful and really understood my POV.

After Garand and TC failed to get internet going, they came back out and we hung around for a few more until we happened to cast eyes over the railing and see Astrotrain99 walking around on the second level. We literally shouted to him, and it was a good thing I remembered his last name or we'd never have gotten his attention.

Once we got him we pretty well parted company with the others and retreated to our room waiting for Sassy to show, figuring we'd do dinner after that. Indeed that's what happened, and we went past the McDonald's closest to the hotel to another one, probly avoiding a lot of Transfan traffic in the process, and also finding our liquor store, which we hit after we ate.

We were back at 8 and drunk by 9. After a bit we got up a lot of empties and a little restless about what to do with them. So Jim, who we snagged right when we got back to join us, and TC decided we had to build a Beer-Amid in front of Garand's room. So that's what we did. We met two others while doing so, Mark and Chris, and they joined us back in the room for more booze and silliness. TC hit on Sassy a lot.

Then, in another stumble back outside, we saw this lightsaber fight going on downstairs. So we loaded up and came on down to what turned out to be the parts trading party. TC and I successfully negotiated for 2 Mirage parts, and overpaid, but the guy was nice enough to give me back what I overpaid. TC then went back to get his parts bag, and I stumbled about til I ran across A-Train. I think TC was back by the time Garand returned with his party and Ultimate Weapon from TFA/Transfans. I was sane enough to retain shaking his hand and his name, which was a nice thing. A-Train and I watched a sober Garand trade with this one guy before our crew stumbled back up to the room to finish off the drinking and pass out sometime round 230.

Now...for something that I only will post here...My Epiphany.

Sometime after my 8th beer Friday night I had what alcoholics refer to as "a moment of clarity." And I realized something that everyone was glad I remembered the next morning.

I don't care.

Stay with me on this one.

All this drama and whatnot that has gone on with me here...all the ridiculous cra.p I've dealt with and dished out. I don't care. Not about Skywarp, Scout, nor Cliffjumper. Drama on the internet is not for me. Skywarp may or may not have promoted Scout as a way to run me out of this site. But I don't care. No one knows his true motivation but him, and that's fine.

If it is true, then Sky, you flatter me. You really do. To decide to take such an extreme measure to try and get me the hell out of here, it says a lot for how much you recognize the contributions I made here over time. And that is the greatest compliment I can receive.

For Cliffy, I realized in this time that he is Skywarp's friend first, and he and I have never really talked or anything...we've just kinda been around, tolerated each other, that's about it. So it made sense to me that he's looking at me from the other side. He chose to make his judgment about my behavior based on his friendship with Skywarp because he really doesn't know me. So I understand that a bit more. I don't hate you Cliffy, but it woulda been nice if you'd given me a chance, y'know? And that PM was not nearly as mean-spirited as you thought from the first what did you say...2 lines you read?

I've apologized to Skywarp before, so if you guys want to settle things altogether, please do give me a holler. Cliffy, you can consider this to be a public apology if I offended you at any point. I've a lot of respect for your TF knowledge and no desire to fight with you.

So yes, no more drama for me here. That doesn't mean I'm gonna be around like I used to though...I'm an Admin at Seibertron now and I have a lot of responsibilities there so I'm not gonna be in this neck of the woods too horribly often. But when I drop by, I'll say hey. But the drama's done, I consider everyone to have a clean slate with me.

And all it took was 8 beers. Cheers, y'all!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Now...Saturday:

I woke up to see that the clock read: EEL. 7:33. I had a moment wondering about the origin of l33t, then kinda rolled over. TC was up already and headed down to the dealer room. I was going to use the bathroom after him, but A-Train beat me to it. It was a good thing I didn't go last or I'd have been there forever, as Sassy took over an hour.

I joined the others down at the line to get in the dealer room after spotting a couple ppl in other lines. I went in with them and we started looking around, and boy did we ever look. After a bit I went and got my breakfast...OJ, a Mountain Dew, and a banana. 7 bucks, boyos. Yes, I'm serious. I'd have gotten more but I was nauseous even before we started the drinking, and it wasn't going away.

We hunted around as Jim stood in line to prereg for next year. TC picked up a Victory Leo and I found a Divebomb...those are the ones I can remember. I got a Wheeljack HOC later on. Much crowding in front of the Hasbro display.

After a couple hours, we ran into Professor Smooth and Ultimate Weapon (separately) and found our way down to the art room looking for Ryan, Sazabi, and Ultra Magnus. We found Sazabi and Mags, but no Ryan. He was back up in the dealer room, behind the table that Furman, Lee, and Figueroa were at. We got some of the pics and made our way back down to the art room for a short bit where we ran across Grendel.

We kept losing track of Mags and Sazabi, but eventually we found them and we walked to Giordano's pizza and the 9 of us (no Jim, we lost him someplace) went to eat. After we got back, I got my exclusives real quick and headed back to 538 with Ryan so we could get the pictures. We hung around a bit more in the dealer room, A-Train and I got in line for the voice impersonations(then found out it was not for a performance of TF TM like advertised), then Ryan, Smooth, Mags and Sazabi had to run back to Ryan's place to put up the pics of my exclusives . In the interim, the five of us that remained (Me, TC, Sassy, A-Train, and UW) went to dinner, this time at a Mexican place down a couple blocks from the first McDonald's.

After dinner we skipped over across the street and got the first round of booze. We figured to have a few, head down to Transgeneration, then come back and finish it off after the party broke up.

This did not happen. We saw the line for TG, and noted that when we got back it was already after 9. So we had a few, Sassy going back out from time to time to toss ice down at the waiting masses. It was 10 the last time we looked and they were still waiting, so we said to hell with it and continued drinking. Garand came up after 20 minutes, informing us it looked like a high school mixer down there. And the bar was expensive. So we stayed in the room, Garand among us, and drank. Jim joined us as well, as did Mark and Chris. But it was the call TC got from Smooth that put things over the top, and the four of them joined us up there and the beer supply started quickly getting depleted. Somehow Ryan and I were elected to go get reinforcements, but it took us an hour, 3 stops, a nonworking gas pump, getting all turned around, and 2 lines in the place we did get the booze before we got back. We missed the group heading to TG and TC doing a spinarooni in the middle of the dance floor, for which, if I'd been there, I'd have shouted "Go Ninja, go ninja go!" On account of us having made fun of him for having Vanilla Ice on his comp. But we caught them on the way back and the drinking continued with a 24 pack and 2 12 packs. Ryan wound up taking most of the 24 pack home with him but no bottle was left untouched.

At about 230 or so, after it shrank back down to the 5 of us, we all stumbled out of the room and TC managed to lock us out. So we went downstairs, and I did my best impersonation of being sober to fanagle another key and allow us to reenter the room as a result. The Beer-Amid was built before things shrunk down, and sometime after we got in it was knocked down then rebuilt. Sassy tossed a couple empties at the dome covering the pool and hit it once. UW had made a run to Garand's room then back and informed us Ghostbusters was on...so we watched the end while blasted. We were about to turn it off when we found out what was on next...BILL AND TED. So we kept it on. At one point Sassy and TC chased each other around the floor, sometime at I'd say 4 o'clock, after they dumped water on me and A-Train and were planning to do the same to Garand, but UW had left his key behind anyway so we couldn't have. UW also answered the door when a knock came. It was the General Manager asking us not to go nuts in the hallways and to close the door (it was propped open) and UW did a great job of acting somewhat sober apparently. So I drunkenly demanded the lights to go out since it's my ass if anything happened(TC wore a lampshade and almost tossed it over the side until I stopped him).

I finally fell asleep at 430, well after I was tombstoned by A-Train and Sassy was put in full bodyscissors by TC a couple times. She apparently bit him to get out of it.

Hope I'm not forgetting anything...but if I am someone do tell...
TF @ The Moon
Protoform

Post by TF @ The Moon »

It was cool to meet you and TC84 as well. We had a great time, how do we afford it....... we don't. its taken us 3 years to get the money to go and have to pay off the bills that we spent *ouch* its a lot, still we did get bits for others.

Not going to make it next year but we'll be at 2005 in LA *hopefully*

We bumped into you guys a few times which was cool, glad you recognised us cause it was nice to meet you both
Cause you have No Need For Website
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Thats right i missed my damn flight just cuz the dumb cab driver don't know what " turn right here" means.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Viewfind
Thats right i missed my damn flight just cuz the dumb cab driver don't know what " turn right here" means.

Excuse me but Ha Ha!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Originally posted by Blaster
Excuse me but Ha Ha!

Shut up! its cold in CANADA isn't?

DAMN! look its a pic of BLASTER and he don't know why there is so much snow.

I told him cuz he is from CANADA!
Sades

Post by Sades »

It sounds like it must have been a very nice trip.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ultimate Weapon

Redstreak diaries insert>>

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

You forgot when we tried to go downstairs for the all night rid episode showing and it was closed down. Also we pushed TC around from the 10th floor down to 5 in a luggage roller rack that ended up in your room for a few hours before I tripped and fell over it. HAHAH good times. Everything was ace except for the Hyatt, greedy corporate bastards.
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Re: Redstreak diaries insert>>

Post by Astrotrain99 »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
You forgot when we tried to go downstairs for the all night rid episode showing and it was closed down. Also we pushed TC around from the 10th floor down to 5 in a luggage roller rack that ended up in your room for a few hours before I tripped and fell over it. HAHAH good times. Everything was ace except for the Hyatt, greedy corporate bastards.

Man I slept through that whole part, would have been hilarious to have seen that. :D

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by TF @ The Moon
glad you recognised us cause it was nice to meet you

well, you're shirts gave you away. (if you don't remember, I sat next to one of you at the gold/silver pass luncheon)
Sassy
Protoform

Re: Redstreak diaries insert>>

Post by Sassy »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

I remember splashing the poster board with the papers that showed the schedules and idenitified the rooms with my drink. Lol! I bragged about that too all my friends (suprisingly I had a lot)!!! It was hysterical, the next day I was down there and noticed that the Autograph room posters paper was all wet and shrivaled up! After I told my friend what I had down he was like I wondered what had happened to it! Lol! My other friend had thanked me! I was so proud! Lol:smokin:
Sixswitch

Re: Re: Redstreak diaries insert>>

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Sassy
I remember splashing the poster board with the papers that showed the schedules and idenitified the rooms with my drink. Lol! I bragged about that too all my friends (suprisingly I had a lot)!!! It was hysterical, the next day I was down there and noticed that the Autograph room posters paper was all wet and shrivaled up! After I told my friend what I had down he was like I wondered what had happened to it! Lol! My other friend had thanked me! I was so proud! Lol:smokin:

See? I told you wild and crazy was more fun.

Damn I'm tired of being right</Ace Ventura>

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Professor Smooth
Protoform

Post by Professor Smooth »

Proving that you just can't judge someone from their online persona, I truly enjoyed hanging out with you Archivers Saturday night! Hopefully, we can do it again next year!
pr0fess0rsm00th (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Sassy
Protoform

Post by Sassy »

Originally posted by Professor Smooth
Proving that you just can't judge someone from their online persona, I truly enjoyed hanging out with you Archivers Saturday night! Hopefully, we can do it again next year!

Definitely, definitely! It'd be awesome to hang out with you guys again.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Just curious.. how do you find and identify each other? For Astrotrain, Red, and TC I can find them cuz I have their pics but how about Sassy? It's gonna be weird to say hi to someone you think it's a TFArchiver only turns out you are wrong.
Hound

Post by Hound »

The best way is to know someone who's been there before. Scout met me at the airport and then introduced me to everyone else. Most of the Archivers hung out together.

Your best bet would be to make plans to meet up with someone who you know is also going to be there...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

Originally posted by -Predaking-
Just curious.. how do you find and identify each other? For Astrotrain, Red, and TC I can find them cuz I have their pics but how about Sassy? It's gonna be weird to say hi to someone you think it's a TFArchiver only turns out you are wrong.
actually Red picked me up at my house so that was good....sassy called red's phone and red just told her what room we were in and she just came up
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Professor Smooth
Protoform

Post by Professor Smooth »

I was just walking by when TC, Red, and Astrotrain stopped me. I'm thinkin' the Seibertron.com shirt and "SMOOTH" nametag might have been a tip-off...
pr0fess0rsm00th (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

Originally posted by Professor Smooth
I was just walking by when TC, Red, and Astrotrain stopped me. I'm thinkin' the Seibertron.com shirt and "SMOOTH" nametag might have been a tip-off...

or the fact that ive met you before and had a good idea of what you looked like
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Glad that a good time was had by all. Every year, I think about attending this thing, and every year I realize I probably wouldn't survive the overwhelming geekdom and stay home...life is full of difficult choices.