Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays (delete as applicable)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays (delete as applicable)

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Old ones are the hideously pixelated best ones

All the best to anyone that reads this, even you Google bot. Even you.
inflatable dalek

Re: Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays (delete as applicable)

Post by inflatable dalek »

Merry Christmas one and all!
Clay

Post by Clay »

No lie, I was disappointed to not see Optimus in his Santa hat at the top of the site banner this year. I thought it was an automatic script that changed for christmas and new years, but I guess Denyer was doing it manually this whole time?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Merry Christmas and Joyous Yuletide!
Sades

Post by Sades »

THIS ISN'T A HOLIDAY, THERE'S SO MUCH WORK TO DO

I can't believe I have a seven year old sometimes. A seven year old who is funny and probably better at math than me. :laugh:

She's also really fricking tall, her legs are almost as long as mine (in all fairness, I have really short legs. But still).

She's figured the Santa thing out, she said she's thought as much since last year. I feel a bit like we've lost something sweet and innocent in that but she says she wants to keep pretending there's a Santa. Which is pretty cute ngl.

Hound did dishes voluntarily and this makes him a precious individual and all round good human bean.

Happy holidays! Leftovers for days y'all.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Yes, Happy Holidays to all.

And all I have for leftovers is pie.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Merry...Boxing Day I guess! I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:24 am Old ones are the hideously pixelated best ones
:up:
Sades wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 am THIS ISN'T A HOLIDAY, THERE'S SO MUCH WORK TO DO
This was the most relaxing Christmas has been in six years for us! Being in lockdown means we actually got to stay home all day and play with our son instead of dragging him against his will to go visit too many relatives. Of course, there was still a ton of work to do since I had to bake three different kinds of cookies, three different cakes and figure out how to make perogies...and then deliver them to a bunch of people. But if you can't actually spend the day with people, I guess feeding them is the next best thing. :)
Sades wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 am She's figured the Santa thing out, she said she's thought as much since last year. I feel a bit like we've lost something sweet and innocent in that but she says she wants to keep pretending there's a Santa. Which is pretty cute ngl.
Ours is five and this was the most excited he's ever been for Santa (I write too much about Transformers, my tablet autocorrected that to "Sandstorm"...). I'll be super sad when he doesn't get all worked up for it anymore. We're in the kitchen playing with the motorized train that Santa brought him as I write this.
Heinrad wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:11 pm And all I have for leftovers is pie.
I'd offer to send some but I don't think they'd be in good shape by the time the package made it to the border...
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Merry, if boring, Christmas. Usually, I spend a week or two in New Hampshire visiting family. Instead, I got a call from my parents on Christmas. Then, I opened my presents while listening to Jonee Earthquake's* Christmas CD. It's got 16 songs proper, then a bunch of alternate takes and remixes. So, I got to hear the song about GG Allin** rising from the grave to help Santa punish naughty children 3 times. I will listen to it more this week.

That evening, I was bored enough to go to both local Walgreen's. They're the only thing open, stock TFs, and I figured they'd be pretty empty. They each had a couple Bluestreaks and some old Cyberbatallion figures, but not much else. I now realize that another drawback to exclusive figures is Walgreen's getting solid cases of theirs, and not stocking any other TFs.

It was warm enough the past few days for me to spend an hour wandering my neighborhood, looking at Christmas lights and the last remnants of melting snowmen. Now, it's too cold to go outside, and too covidy to go anywhere inside. So, I'll be spending my holiday vacation home, playing with my new TFs, replaying Twilight Princess, and using my last Kre-O joints to build a large centaur-type figure.

* If you don't know who Jonee Earthquake is, that's to be expected. He plays dive bars in New England.
** If you don't know who GG Allin is, you're probably better off.