What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Spider-Man had a character called Madam Web in in. Who could forget that?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:Spider-Man had a character called Madam Web in in. Who could forget that?
Wasn't she voiced Stan Lee's wife in the 90s series?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yes, Spider-Man supporting character Madam Web did indeed voice Stan Lee's wife for a short period in the nineties before handing the role over to Daphne from Scooby Doo.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

He traded up then.

I'm currently being tempted by the fact the 1980's Miss Marple is on blu ray in America. The popular opinion seems to be it's better than the more recent one where she regenerates, takes over books Miss Marple wasn't in and is constantly fighting lesbian Nazi nuns and I like me some Christie but Marple is a character I've never really dived into.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I remember enjoying the '80s Marple on the Beeb. Joan Hickson is fantastic as Marple to the point I can't imagine anyone else in the role being anything but a pale imitation. Nice title sequence from what I recall too.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I remember it being better than it was when I tried re-watching one a few years back. Fantastic theme though.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm about 3/4 through the second season of Ultimate Spider-Man and I feel like there may be too many cutaway gags, kind of like Family Guy, also, they use monkey screeches pretty often whenever Spider-Man is surprised by something (usually a jump scare).
Destruction is my specialty
Sades

Post by Sades »

GoT:
SPOILER! (select to read)
So it's pretty much a given that Tommen's going to die, right? Today's episode has me wondering if (ARGH FAN THEORY/SPECULATION TIME) Cersei ends up killing him herself. Valonqar is High Valyrian for little brother, maybe Jaime kills her for killing Tommen. That'd be a handy way to open up the possibility of him becoming the "good guy" the show keeps hinting he has the potential to be.

Arya: irritates me. But I'm glad she finally killed that T-1000 and is going home, because I've not been a big fan of this entire Braavos thing.

Brienne, I love you. Don't go anywhere.

Hey, look! Dany's back at the pyramid. Allrighty then.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Srs no one talked about random TV that doesn't have its own thread for a week? Filthy casuals.

[/twat]

GoT:
YAS. Good times, good times. RiP GoT budget :(

Shhhhhhiiit Yara and Theon must have gotten away with the speedboat portion the Iron Fleet.

Oh, 100 ships. Well, that's not far off from 1000. * >.> ; twiddles thumbs*

DRAGONS BE BURNIN' SHIT YEAAAAHH. But as much as I like to see things on fire- Curbing that firebug tendency, good job Tyrion/Dany.

Bye Rickon. I really don't give a shit that you're gone, but that's not your fault. I hope you got paid well for what basically amounted to a glorified extra's role, kid.

Holy shit, Sansa. She is one cold-ass mother****er.

I liked the timing on that bastard battle, I don't even care that it was predictable. Ramsay is my favourite villain right now. He was just a horrid, bad bad man.

Speaking of awful ****ers (albeit of a more... watered-down variety), Littlefinger's back. AND THE CROWD GOES MILD.

I miss the giant more than I miss Rickon.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Dogfood, mother****a.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Just got through watching The Loner a 60s Western created by Rod Serling (of The Twilight Zone) starring Lloyd Bridges on DVD, it's overall a pretty good show. It's worth a look for fans of those involved.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Still on the fence with Preacher. Third episode was ace, this weeks was a bit all over the place like the others have been. Just needs a bit more focus and to take its foot off the gas a little and just give the characters some room to develop. I've no idea what's going on with Tulip, her character is all over the place.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished the remainder of Ultimate Spider-Man S2 and now moving onto True Detective S1.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've heard True Detective is brilliant. Though that was when season one had just finished and I haven't watched it myself so take that with a grain of salt.

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon lately. Which has been a lot of fun since I've come to accept Team Rocket's obnoxiousness and stopped letting them annoy me.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Tried to make a got post, but typing on my phone is not great, (HD is ****ed on computer). FRUSTRATION.

It was good, sad I have to wait so long for next one, and houndreadthelastdamnbookgoddamnyou.jpg
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Much to my surprise, Netflix(at least in the U.S.) has gotten a whole slew of Detective Conan...... Er, Case Closed, that is - episodes from the last couple of years.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Hound wrote:I've heard True Detective is brilliant. Though that was when season one had just finished and I haven't watched it myself so take that with a grain of salt.

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon lately. Which has been a lot of fun since I've come to accept Team Rocket's obnoxiousness and stopped letting them annoy me.
The first season is. The acting and directing really elevates the a great story. The second season isn't worth checking out. Luckily, they're both standalone!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Transfannabeel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
I've heard True Detective is brilliant. Though that was when season one had just finished and I haven't watched it myself so take that with a grain of salt.

The first season is. The acting and directing really elevates the a great story. The second season isn't worth checking out. Luckily, they're both standalone!
That's what I've heard as well, which is why I'll be treating it as one and done show once I'm done with it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Whoop! Finished up GoT Season 6 and after a few episodes where this felt like it didn't know where to go without the books to lean on, this had a really great last few episodes. I especially approve of Sansa toughening up. Hooray!

Preacher has started to pick up, now its spending some time to explain its set up and what's going on with the characters.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yes, Sansa's gone from one of my least favourite characters to one of my favorites.