Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Now I want a hair octopus.

In other news I passed all my tests and sent in all my paperwork so when September rolls around I will start teacher training.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neat hair thing.

All the best with the teacher training. If possible, my advice is to pick a subject that isn't core curriculum and/or the bastards students have to choose.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...thats just weird.

Of course, being a big baldy slaphead, I'm obviously just jealous.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Denyer wrote:Neat hair thing.

All the best with the teacher training. If possible, my advice is to pick a subject that isn't core curriculum and/or the bastards students have to choose.
I'm going into primary so can't avoid core curriculum.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Sitting here enjoying a few hours to myself, a rarity these days. The wife is at work, the daughter is with Grandma and Grandpa, and I just get to sit and veg and work on reviews I've been ignoring. I love Saturdays.

Additionally, I'm trying to compile a list of every movie I've ever seen, and trying to decide whether or not feature-length comedy specials like Raw count.

Additionally^2, man, what happened to John Turturro? There was a period of time where he was on top, and could do whatever the hell he wanted. Last movie I saw him in was Secret Window, I think?

EDIT: Having been on Percocet for the last month, it took me a while to realize he was in Transformers. So. Yeah.

Watched A Liar's Autobiography, and the closed captioning was pissing me off. We keep the CC on when watching Netflix and the like, because our daughter has a tendency to shriek at random intervals. The captioning on A Liar's Autobiography got something like every third sentence, which is rather irritating. At that point, why even bother? They also have a tendency to put "[inaudible]" randomly in some things, especially anything involving English people, but I can understand what they're saying. Do they have to run these past someone before they finalize, 'cause it seems like maybe someone in the building might know what's going on.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Netflix captions are notoriously bad. We were watching Burn Notice (not even with the captions on), and for some reason, on Netflix they've taken out the original white ones that flew in from the side to introduce new characters and replaced them with yellow ones that just appear. That in itself is a bit annoying, but it was super annoying when they were 3.5 minutes behind the rest of the episode for one, and when they swapped captions for two totally different episodes! Awful!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

That's horrifying.

Sitting here now watching the Lilo & Stitch sequels. I think it's great that Jumba and Pleakley are so obviously a couple. They're the first, right? As far as Disney? Either way, very progressive.

Watching the Stitch movie, they're teasing David and Nani. This is the third I've seen, and they're still doing this crap? We get it. S*** or get off the pot.

EDIT: Seems like kind of a cop out for Jumba to have been paid to create the experiments. Leaving aside how annoying Hamsterveil is, I liked the idea of Jumba being a somewhat-reformed revolutionary or something. Now, he's just a stooge, who requires no redemption whatsoever. Lame.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

HI

WHAT DID I MISS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

:)
The joke.
Sades

Post by Sades »

That's enough.

Yay, home! Time for a nap.

Well, maybe. My brain wants to internet.

Dunno about all time, but I lulzed at 15/30.

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the-mo ... -all-time/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Yesterday I went to a skatepark for the first time since I was 15 and did some sweet tricks with the Yorkshire branch of these guys. http://www.chicksinbowls.com/
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I cut a nice chunk off my thumb cleaning bitz for Warhammer 40k. That was a nice thing to happen when I have work the next day haha.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Had a chat with a colleague and realized that our team will reach full operation capabilities in...September 2015.

Fun times ahead. :up:

February and March were nearly expenses-free when it came to figures---I managed to pay for everything I got from other sales. Nice break from all the madness :lol:

How are the companies able to tell if you have a TV license for your TV or not? Been about a year now with no TV, nobody bothered me---amazon Prime seems a great option for around 7 pounds a month---how will the company know when/if I've bought a TV for it?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I actually got a sympathy twinge in my thumb reading that. I have sliced my hands up more times than I can remember while playing with knives.

Soooo, here's a long, boring story. Just after I put the kid down for a nap, I realised I was hungry. I've just gotten back from a trip to visit family and since we weren't sure when I was going to be back exactly we didn't do much shopping before I left. We have frozen stuff, some canned stuff and a whole whack of dried stuff, but not much else. I decided on some hash browns and eggs, because **** YEAH, who wouldn't? Got the hash browns, cooked them, no probs. Went into the fridge to get eggs... probs. No eggs. Not much of anything, in fact... though I'd just been in the fridge this morning, it was just to get milk. In, out. This time, it was like I was seeing it all for the very first time. I was drinking in the visual. And what I was seeing was... ****ing sad.

So of course, I had to take a picture and type up a long winded post while I ate my lonely-ass hash browns and contemplated the fact that there were three bottles of pop, two bottles of drinky-drink (that rum bottle still has a tiny bit in it, I swear), milk, lemon juice, condiments (condiments condiments), applesauce, the most certainly expired piece of Salmon that I had forgotten to make for lunch the day I left (ew), a HUGE container of margarine, and half of a pathetic, defeated-looking little cabbage, sort of hiding there on the bottom shelf. It's like the sole vegetable knows it's wounded and outnumbered.

SO. That was fun. For me. What's in your fridge? Gimme Gimme.
Attachments
IMG_0445.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That reminds me, I have the end of a box of eggs to use up...

The rest of the time, eggs are still available in cheat form:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... =274578582

They're surprisingly edible.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Sades, your fridge, while sad, is very clean. That's a good thing.
We just got a new fridge for the first time in 12 years, and it's awesome. Went with a 27 cubic foot side-by-side. Very nice use of space. Everything is laid out so nicely, more shelves, and I don't have to squat to get milk anymore. We also got an icemaker/water giver one. As much as I used to find these annoying and useless, I do find myself drinking more water than I used to, which is a good thing. And having ice on demand is pretty sweet too.

I'm so old, I'm excited about refrigerators. :(

I'm also excited about ordering this tonight, and that Iron Man 3 finally had a price drop.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And we got a new dishwasher today! Friday night we were all down in the basement working on a project, and water starting coming out of the ceiling while the dishwasher ran. A repairman came Monday morning and said it was cheaper to just replace the whole thing since it was about 20 years old. He talked to one of the trustees from the church, who happened to run into one of the elders at the store, who approved the whole thing. Then someone who was scheduled for an installation this morning canceled, so the store called to ask if it was OK to bring ours and install it right away. So less than 24 hours after the old one was pronounced dead, we've got a new one up and running! Supa-cool!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I got rid of all the leftovers last week before I left, otherwise you'd be looking at a very different fridge. :p

I also look forward at some point to choosing adulty things like appliances. Well, hopefully. I don't want to rent for the rest of my life, but the place we live in is so ****ing expensive I'm half-afraid we'll be renting forever.

The little's favourite word is "Why". I love explaining stuff to her. She doesn't fully understand, but she seems to accept what I say...

It's really, really tempting to pull a Calvin's Dad and start bullshitting.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't have the energy to human today. :p Other humans are just... massively frustrating/draining, sometimes. Except for the humans I live with, of course.

In other words, I withdraw from Humaning today.

(thank goodness I kind of have that option.)

... I hope the little develops a better tolerance for other people than I have. I'm just so tired of other people's shit that I lack the energy to display normal-person emotions today around anyone who isn't family.

edit: "Turn off your pager, Tommy! We can't have your friends beeping you in class!" Hahahahahaha, pager.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

Hi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]