Latest DVD Purchases

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought the 2017 Power Rangers movie this week.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Real Ghostbusters Volume 3: blind, stupid luck at f.y.e. netted me this one. So I now have all of the good episodes and a disc and a half of the ones that are..... Well, utter crap. Moral of the story? When a focus group shows up and offers to help a show that's really successful be even better, shoot the focus group and hide the bodies.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Heinrad wrote:So I now have all of the good episodes and a disc and a half of the ones that are..... Well, utter crap. Moral of the story? When a focus group shows up and offers to help a show that's really successful be even better, shoot the focus group and hide the bodies.
Where do we draw the line anyway? At Lorenzo Music being replaced, or the actual title of the series changing?

Not that it makes that much of a difference, there's only like what, 13 episodes between the two, if even that?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The Edge of Seventeen - Starring Hailee Steinfeld and Woody Harrelson, a coming-of-age drama/comedy set during high school.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Kong: Skull Island - Stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Sam. L Jackson, John Goodman and John C. Reilly. I do enjoy my monster movies.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Shin Godzilla - Directed by Hideaki Anno.

Add to my Godzilla collection that includes all of the Japanese movies I can get over here, '98 Roland Emmerich movie and the 2014 American reboot.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Resident Evil: Vendetta - The third animated movie released that is in-continuity with the video games.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Fate Of The Furious - Starring Vin Diesel, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Jason Statham, Charlize Theron.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Supergirl: Season 1 on Blu-Ray
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Alien: Covenant - Starring Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup and Danny McBride and directed by Ridley Scott.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Kiss Me, Deadly
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So on one of my infrequent trips into FYE, and in need of a good laugh after toe last week or so, I picked up a couple of anime, one of which I knew vaguely about, the other I'd never heard of.

Jubei-chan The Ninja Girl - I vaguely remember hearing about this one, or maybe seeing clips of it. Legendary warrior Jubei Yagyu, as he was dying, told his apprentice to seek out his heir. And 300 years later, the apprentice finally finds the heir. Who is a klutzy teenage girl. I hope hiliarity will ensue.

Space Pirate Mito - The story of a teenage boy who discovers that his mother is not a supermodel but is instead a 3 foot tall space pirate with a bunch of exosuits that look like beautiful women. And then things start getting strange.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2 - Super-Hero movie directed by James Gunn and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Bradley Cooper and others.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Batman and Harley Quinn - Animated feature film that is considered to be part of the DCAU, also features the voices of Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester and Melissa Rauch as batman, Nightwing and Harley Quinn.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

If I posted all the DVDs I'ved picked up, I sense rage from the forums, but today's pickup was sweet!

I went to Wal-Mart after finishing a job, they had not finished unpacking the endcap yet with The Flash Season 3 (wasn't even in electronics yet) when I grabbed it and score!

See Transformers thread for who also joined the gang!:D
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth: Endless Orbit SSX

Yeah, that's the whole title. First damn DVD I've ever bought from US Amazon that I've actually had to pay f***ing customs for, too. Guess they're no longer buying the NL stamps all over the package.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Jaws, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and The Ghost Rider Collection all on Blu-Ray of course.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Bought myself a region free DVD player (wow these things are cheap these days) and am watching TF Animated Season 3 :) Forgotten how much I like Animated. Its fun and has a mythos of its own and does some fresh stuff with the concept.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword - Directed by Guy Ritchie and stars Charlie Hunnam and Jude Law.

Apparently part one of a series, probably won't happen.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...probably not after the critical mauling it got ('cockney geezers in olden times').