Anyone been to Indonesia, New Orleans, Spain, or Morocco?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Vin Ghostal

Anyone been to Indonesia, New Orleans, Spain, or Morocco?

Post by Vin Ghostal »

So my smokin' hot travel slut (wife) and I have three trips lined up in the next 8 months: Indonesia (next week), New Orleans (New Year's Eve), and Morocco/Spain (May/June). Anyone been to any of these places, and if so, any advice?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

It's been too long since I've traveled anywhere (been to Spain and NOLA years ago) to have anything of value to say ... 'cept I hope you two have a great time!
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

When I was in New Orleans, it reeked of vomit, drunks and beggars were everywhere and agressive, and there were mice visible in most of the restaurants we went to. I didn't care for the town at all, and I doubt that the hurricane has improved it. But the beignets were very tasty.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Went to Spain (with students) last year and am going again next summer, but I've really only been to Barcelona, Zaragosa and Madrid so far. Barcelona's awesome if only to see Gaudi's work, and Madrid is just a great city for walking around in. The big concern by the time you and I will be there is if the Euro is still around at that point.

I don't know how much Spanish you know, but it almost doesn't even matter since there are so many quasi-Spanish languages that are all over the provinces outside of Castilla-La Mancha. Just remember to say, "Hablo castellano," not "Hablo español," while you're over there.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Notabot wrote:When I was in New Orleans, it reeked of vomit, drunks and beggars were everywhere and agressive, and there were mice visible in most of the restaurants we went to. I didn't care for the town at all, and I doubt that the hurricane has improved it. But the beignets were very tasty.
I plan on being one of those drunks, for four days at least.