Anarchy In The UK

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Probably a bit longer at the moment.

I'm not gonna say too much on this subject, or I might get myself in trouble, but suffice to say its a been a long time since anything accurate in a newspaper has pissed me off this much.
I like bears.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Sades wrote:... how long does it take to get shit shipped in thru Amazon, again?
Long enough for these riots to end and for the purchases to suddenly no longer have the reason they bought them for.

Alternative is that baseball suddenly becomes an extremely popular sport in the UK. :D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The day rounders starts to look even remotely popular in this country is the day I start a riot.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Thing is, I don't even think cricket is actually that popular here. It just feels so English, everyone pretends to like it even though its super boring.

And baseball/ rounders are like a charmless, even more boring version.
I like bears.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tetsuro wrote:Long enough for these riots to end and for the purchases to suddenly no longer have the reason they bought them for.
Nah, I imagine most of them are people realising that they want something around for future "just in case" -- and a baseball bat has more legitimate reason to be kept around, with a few tennis balls, than many other improvised weapons.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Tetsuro wrote:Long enough for these riots to end and for the purchases to suddenly no longer have the reason they bought them for.
That's what I was trying to imply, don't think it came across properly though. I read that in one of the local free rags as well, and thought it was completely stupid. Saving them for later makes more sense however.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Denyer wrote:Nah, I imagine most of them are people realising that they want something around for future "just in case" -- and a baseball bat has more legitimate reason to be kept around, with a few tennis balls, than many other improvised weapons.
It'd be interesting to see the ratio of baseball bats purchased compared to baseballs...

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I haven't checked the news yet so I don't know if there was more rioting in Brum last night of if there was just some really overly loud clubers outside the hotel, but the lack of sleep has left me in a mean mood. I may start my own riot.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

What an incredibly tidy riot they had in Brum centre, judging by the specific boarded-up shop windows we've been seeing over AA weekend: High-end trainer (shoes) outlets; jewellers; computer stores; a music shop... and Poundstretchers.

Yes, Poundstretchers both in Brum and Leicester, clearly indicating that, while some thieves have class, some most definitely don't...
shainentinpock
Protoform

Post by shainentinpock »

I really think the media blew this up and made this bigger. Regardless people shouldn't burn and take what they don't have.