Explain yourself!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

Explain yourself!

Post by Hound »

Your member name, why? What does it mean? Tell me! All of you!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Your member name
That is sooo an opening for a penis joke, it almost makes me wish I had one.

We all (well, some of us :p) know why I'm me. I can't remember who started calling me Sades though... I think it was Cliffy.

TBH I still like Pseudonymous. Which is also self-explanatory.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I used to own an inflatable dalek.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Heavyarms is/was probably my favorite Gundam from the Mobile Suit animes, because of his weapons.
Destruction is my specialty
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

If you saw my house / car / physical condition you would understand. :(

I also loved the UK comics, especially the Wreckers.

Aaaaand when I joined I had the time to do lots of kitbashing, so my user name also reflected the state of many of my TFs.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I do love a bit of R 'n R. ;)

PS: I also have two heads.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:
PS: I also have two heads.
Makes you twice as possible with the ladies.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I liked the art on his MTME/DW profile and I amused myself at the prospect of being "The left leg of evil!". I just figured I should have a TF as a name, I liked Wildrider more than others and his toy was in my colelction.

No reason really, too late to change to Tailgate? He's always been a (Not very) secret favourite of mine, I applaud any robot with mental health problems. Hence my initial love of the original Paranoid Android Wildrider in the latter Marvel UK black and white stuff.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I am not a "bot", neither in the sense of being a robot nor an automated spammer program. And it rolls of the tongue nicely.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sades wrote:I think it was Cliffy.
IIRC, like any good ideas I have, I stole it off of Denyer.

Smokescreen and Impactor were taken, I'd recently seen "Changing Gears" for the first time. Since then I keep jumping to the wrong conclusion and hitting people.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I used to like knights back in junior high. I like dragons. I used to like digimon back in junior high.

Mesh it all in one.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Um..... I'm actually a tanuki........ And I'm living comfortably off the interest that I got from the lawsuit because some vet left his clock in my abdominal cavity.

I can't drink anymore, though. It messes with the time circuits. :D
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Sunstreaker was taken so I added a 2 on the end.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Deadpool was, for some time, one of my favorite characters, and the Age of Apocalypse is one of my all-time favorite comic book storylines. Also, I rather enjoyed that a third of his dialogue consisted of the sentence, "I just want everyone to not be alive anymore."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Easiest way to explain it is that it's a socio-political thing, though honestly it also came down to me simply liking the name. Plus, I really hated my previous handle.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

IIRC, Matt seemed really keen for me to lose the first name bit of the username... probably a good idea, judging by how pervasive search engines have become.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Hound wrote:Your member name, why? What does it mean? Tell me! All of you!
Yoyodyne was in Buckaroo Banzi.

"Ruru" was my brother's irritating name for me (based on my name) when a kid.

For some reason, "Rurudyne" seemed kinda high tech-ish and what-not and it sorta flowed off the tongue.

I've also discovered that there is (almost certainly) no one else who has ever even tried to use it and the upshot is that I'm "Rurudyne" everywhere and I'd be surprised if there was another "Rurudyne" anywhere.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Paul, is my name. Or at least I just go by Paul. And I don't think you care about what 053 means. Just my number when I played basketball back in college long ago.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

At the time I wanted to interview some key figures/contributors to the Transfomers mythos; to contribute a feature the the Archive website, in the Fandom section where you find cool stuff such as Sir Auros' article with Activision, or the utterly fantastic 'Weekly World of Tranformers'.

So I asked to change my name from Windcharger, and pick the most unlikely robot to be an agony Aunt in a newspaper column. Slag was an easy quadruple-win because;
  • His tech spec describes him as an evil murderous thug.
  • In the UK his name is an offensive term, and funy if you're puerile, like me.
  • I thought his toy would look brilliant wearing the scalp of a barbie doll and poorly applied lipstick
  • I quite fancied the idea of his having spent 4,000,000 years stuck in a tar pit actually mellowing him out, providing a new outlook on life. If anyone has ever seen 'In Treatment', or read the peanuts strip with Lucy offering Psychiatric help for 5 cents from a cardboard booth; I wanted a combination of the two... Basically Slag in a wig and terrible makeup in a plush quiet office sitting in his crushed therapists chair ready to listen.

Perhaps during a session he'll twitch occasionally when his line of vision passes over his blood/oil stained sword leaning up against the leather chair.
I got in contact with Jim Salicrup, the guy who I think wrote the the initial four part series of the Marvel G1 comic before it was taken on as a going concern... but I never followed it up. He has of course been interviewed stacks of times since then by other more talented people.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I had just seen Rebirth again shortly before joining - this is what inspired me to go look for Transformers online actually. I also had the Quick Switch toy as a kid, so I combined the two. Quickshot sounds like a premature ejaculation problem, so I went with Sixswitch.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

The original Blaster hadn't posted in eons and G91 was drunk and feeling generous?

SociopathicAutobot was an allusion to Sunstreaker's comic bio which described him as being a sociopath.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."