When everyone says it's crap... but you think it's good!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Auntie Slag wrote:The 1997 CGI'd updates to the original Star Wars trilogy. I think they're great and am happy with the idea of George Lucas messing about with his own creations to make them closer to the vision he originally wanted.
His original vision was that Jabba the Hutt was a fat Oirishman wearing a moth eaten rug. I demand he return to that!

Though the Jabba scene does show up the pointlessness of the whole exercise, it not only conveys exactly the same plot information as the Greedo bit, it even has some of the exact same dialogue. I don't know if when Lucas realised the Jabba bit didn't work he moved some of the lines or if he really is that bad a writer, but it's entirely redundant, was a wise cut and serves no purpose in the special edition other than to get a 1000 fanboys vigorously masturbating over the sight of Boba Fett. I know, I had the misfortune of sitting in front of them at the cinema.

So yep, Auntie is crazy for not having the exact same view as me. Somebody call the men in white coats.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I can't say I cared that it was redundant, it was some extra Star Wars footage not seen before so I felt it was great. He may be a bad writer (especially when you look at Episodes I and II), but he's created some brilliant cinema in his time, which is a fat lot more than I'd achieved at his age.

Without Star Wars there'd be no Mal Reynolds blah blah etc.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

- Alien 3 has really good camerawork and is actually a good conclusion to the trilogy.
- Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (solid 2.2 on IMDB)
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Dungeon Keeper II
- Cotton Eye Joe (Rednex)
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Slashfic.

Seriously. It's hilarious.
inflatable dalek

Shrapnel Clone wrote: - Cotton Eye Joe (Rednex)
Do people not like this? How can anyone not like a song that, when it plays in a club, results in you being legally required to grab the arm of the nearest person and dance round in a sort of circle? It's awesome.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think it's crap. But I've got a bias against it, as I've heard it far, faaaar too many times.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010! Actually, I know it's crap. But I enjoy it just the same.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:I think it's crap. But I've got a bias against it, as I've heard it far, faaaar too many times.
That's your own fault for being the lead singer in Rednex.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Is that Chyna? Why am I singing into a light bulb? Why did this song warrant a new video in 2002? Why have I listened to it twice?

For some reason, I can picture the guy with the fiddle popping out at random and chasing people down the street while he plays.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:[
Is that Chyna? Why am I singing into a light bulb? Why did this song warrant a new video in 2002? Why have I listened to it twice?
Yes; Because you're very gullible and believed those prankster music video makers when they said it was a microphone; To celebrate it being made the official Canadian national anthem; Because it's awesome.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

inflatable dalek wrote:Do people not like this? How can anyone not like a song that, when it plays in a club, results in you being legally required to grab the arm of the nearest person and dance round in a sort of circle? It's awesome.
You gain +5 points for this.

That Oirish tune 'Tell My Ma' is another excellent song in this vain (and for the same reasons too).
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:Yes; Because you're very gullible and believed those prankster music video makers when they said it was a microphone; To celebrate it being made the official Canadian national anthem; Because it's awesome.
No it's not; I'm not a dude; Your face; and completely wrong.

The great Trash Heap has spoken!... wait...

On topic: I like Kerli.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I like Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

My favourite film in the Indiana Jones film series is Temple of Doom.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Tetsuro wrote:I like Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
I second this.

As for my own contribution; I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men 3, and remember thinking in the cinema something along the lines of "cor, this will be remembered as one of the all-time classics" in the bit where Xavier dies.
I like bears.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

70s kung fu movies!

There`s just something about serious stories of justice and redemption portrayed with fake eyebrows, not to mention the classic overdubbing and overacting. I find them fascinating, and not in the 'so bad it's good' sense.

LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Tetsuro wrote:My favourite film in the Indiana Jones film series is Temple of Doom.
:up:, this.

Also -Slarti finally came back and nobody acknowledged it?! Where is everybody??

Well, sorry Slartibarty, but I guess it's left to me to say "Yay, Slarti!!" :) :clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I agree about the chopsocky movies.

Also, Kung Fu Fighting is about the only disco song I've ever liked.

Always got a kick out of the explanation why the "huh" and "hah"s were so energetic: it was originally going on the B side of the single so they figured: why not? They really didn't think anyone would pay attention to it. Then it was decided it should be A side.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I've always enjoyed the Chronicles of Riddick, despite everyone else seeming to hate it. I've seen it a few times and each time I've really enjoyed it. I'll have to revisit it soon and see if my opinion still stands.

EDIT: Another movie I really like is Resident Evil. I've seen it a few times and always really enjoy it. I even like the second one too, though the second half is far superior to the first. Can't stand the third though, and haven't bothered with the fourth. There's even a fifth coming too. Heh!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Friday the 13th Part 8 is vastly under-appreciated.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Toy Based photo comics. Some are awesome, but there is an amazing amount of rubbish out there. But I love all of them, I lock them all away with all the other guilty little secrets of mine...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Neuronutter wrote:I've always enjoyed the Chronicles of Riddick, despite everyone else seeming to hate it. I've seen it a few times and each time I've really enjoyed it. I'll have to revisit it soon and see if my opinion still stands.

EDIT: Another movie I really like is Resident Evil. I've seen it a few times and always really enjoy it. I even like the second one too, though the second half is far superior to the first. Can't stand the third though, and haven't bothered with the fourth. There's even a fifth coming too. Heh!
"I'm going to kill you with this cup" = gold! :D
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper