What's wrong with movies these days?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire wrote: I love long scenes if they are good.
Bingbingbing.
The former an insert for the sake of using CGI and that has happened a lot recently
:citation:

Do film producers really sit around and say "We need to spend $Thousands, quick, someone rustle up a long CGI sequence". No. Chances are it almost certainly went in because someone thought the scene was good, or exciting, or whatever. They could well be wrong, but it's probably not a good idea to second-guess their intentions.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Plus I've already pointed out twice that sequence in Live Free or Die Hard wasn't CGI. Jetfire hasn't got me on ignore has he?

As part of my rewatch of the Alien and Predator films (minus Requiem) I was working through the extras for Alien Vs Predator, a film that, though entertaining on a superficial dumb movie level does have lots of very stupid effects sequences in it (Bullet Time facehuggers!, that old standby of people outrunning nuclear explosions). It's actually quiet sad to see on the features how much the film makers cared and what huge effort they put in to achieve such mediocrity.
Clogs

What's wrong with movies these days?

Post by Clogs »

There's nothing wrong with movies these days, Jetfire...

...you're just getting old ;)
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

inflatable dalek wrote:Plus I've already pointed out twice that sequence in Live Free or Die Hard wasn't CGI. Jetfire hasn't got me on ignore has he?
I thinky you two are talking about two different scene. He's talking about the bit were the jet was trying to take out the truck on the highway, and Mclane uses the truck and the falling highway too take out the jet. Your scene happens near the beginning.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I thinky you two are talking about two different scene. He's talking about the bit were the jet was trying to take out the truck on the highway, and Mclane uses the truck and the falling highway too take out the jet. Your scene happens near the beginning.
Which is also the bit where (im pretty sure) he actually stands on the wing of the Jet... Right? I might watch that, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the hotness.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

CounterPunch wrote:Which is also the bit where (im pretty sure) he actually stands on the wing of the Jet... Right? I might watch that, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the hotness.
I think he is standing more near the engins. Wasn't the point of that scene was to distract/kill Mackane long enough for the bad guy to get way.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Don't drink a giant soda before the movie starts. Then it won't seem so long.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I thinky you two are talking about two different scene. He's talking about the bit were the jet was trying to take out the truck on the highway, and Mclane uses the truck and the falling highway too take out the jet. Your scene happens near the beginning.
It's hard to be sure what the hell Dalek's talking about (nothing new there, though) - there's a scene with a car and a helicopter near the beginning, then one with a truck and a jet... Dalek's yammering about a truck and a helicopter. Gawd knows.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Clay wrote:Don't drink a giant soda before the movie starts. Then it won't seem so long.
Yeah. Best advice so far.

Also: Don't buy hot drinks. It won't do sitting for two or three hours with a burnt tongue. Believe me, it unfortunately happened to me... burnt my tongue with hot coffee (thought it was soda) through the new Harry Potter. Sucks to be me.