US Senate votes to kill Starscream

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

In all seriousness, getting a ton of extramarital ass (Clinton, JFK) actually seems to be associated with very good presidents. Interesting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Vin Ghostal wrote:In all seriousness, getting a ton of extramarital ass (Clinton, JFK) actually seems to be associated with very good presidents. Interesting.
Would JFK have been remembered so fondly had he not been killed, though?
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I've never been a proponent of JFK as a "top" president - people overrate him when they put him in the top 5 or 6. I would still say he did a very good job during his tenure, if not as good as Clinton.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Yeah! **** Clinton and his incredible budget surpluses and the biggest peacetime growth for America in the country's history! He's to blame, somehow...
I am curious, as is my father on this: Clinton was supposed to have passed legislation making cleaner burning diesel engines for the tractor trailers, etc. In other words, they had strict regulations to ensure they stayed clean when putting out emissions compared to the earlier models. Whatever happened to that? Everywhere I go in my home state, and other states too, there are diesels that obviously haven't been updated and whatnot. In contrast, my brother owns a Chevrolet Silverado diesel and it doesn't smell near as much as other vehicles in it's class. So is the legislation that was passed just not adhered to, or did it get swept under the rug? To me, that was one of the smartest pieces of making emissions cleaner. I won't lie, Clinton was smart and chose his fights wisely.

The reason I blame pretty much all presidents is that most of the time, as we saw with Vietnam, that Ho Chi Min was reaching out for support of an American-like model for Vietnam, but Truman, in all his arrogance, pretty much shot that out the window by refusing to even speak with Ho Chi Min. Even when Ho Chi Min during World War 2 aided our pilots and soldiers as a whole by evading Japanese troops and capture altogether. Korea was un-necessary to a point because all it did was call a cease fire that lasts today and drains money out of the pockets of the American people. In other words, with these examples, American soldiers could have won the conflicts if the leadership on Capitol Hill would have just let them. Pulling funding once we put ourselves into the pickle doesn't really show our own servicemen and women that we support them either.

Anyway, my rant is done, and I hope it shows that I just don't trust Capitol Hill near as much as I should trust them. But here is hoping that Obama does do things correctly and it won't hurt us in the long run and in hoping that both major parties take their heads out of their butts and actually work together to make something that could benefit everyone.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines