[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Nice, sounds like a lot of fun on the way! I play Mario 64 on the DS. It's okay, but sometimes the control system puts me off. I'm sure it plays so much better on the N64.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought the Ultimate Edition of Fallout: New Vegas on PS3 on Wednesday and the Greatest Hits version of Bioshock 1 on X360 came in the mail on Friday.
Destruction is my specialty
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got my first of (hopefully) many N64 games, the underappreciated title Mischief Makers!

I love this game.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Both DCU Online and Star Trek have gone FTP? WOOHOO!!!!! I've been wanting to try those.

I picked up Resident Evil:Revelations yesterday. Pretty good so far, although I think I'm in trouble until I find a secondary weapon besides the knife because I'm not getting a Circle Pad Pro anytime soon. Haven't even seen one in the stores......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Saturday. I used to have Melee a couple of years ago and quite liked it. This seems like Melee on steroids, which is pretty much my opinion of the Wii when compared to the Gamecube.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:Bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Saturday. I used to have Melee a couple of years ago and quite liked it. This seems like Melee on steroids, which is pretty much my opinion of the Wii when compared to the Gamecube.
I still have my copy of Brawl. I spent weeks of time playing that game a few years back and break it out every now and then for some fast paced fighting. And I still don't have all the trophies. I only wish they had a smoother online system for finding people instead of their 'I give you my friend code and you give me yours, and once they're entered, it will finally recognize us as friends' jibberish. Why couldn't Nintendo just streamline the whole process like Microsoft or Sony?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning on Wednesday for the X360 and Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition, both on the PS3, came in the mail on separate days.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Just bought fallout 1 and 2 on a whim from gog.com. They were only $6 a piece so I figured why not?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got GoldenEye for the N64 for 5 bucks, and if I'm lucky, I'll have an eBay auction with 6 N64 games on the way here too.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed the PS3 Collectors Edition of Soul Calibur 5 and Twisted Metal came in the mail, only from Hong Kong instead of America, although it looks like it's in english, and without the download voucher for Twisted Metal Black which probably means I'm going to have to buy an Aus version of the game, use the voucher and then trade the disc in, possibly.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I've joined the Corps.

I downloaded DCU Online and got the Fight for the Light expansion. And I have to admit, whoever put the promo video for the expansion together for it knew what would sell. I've always wanted to hit somebody with a train.......

What i can't figure out is why Superman's my mentor. I'm a Green Lantern. Shouldn't my mentor be a Green Lantern?

I'm also downloading Star Trek Online to give that a shot.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D for the 3DS. I played Snake Eater a little when it originally came out on the PS2, and they apparently made some improvements to the controls along with making it 3D.

ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Wave Race: Blue Storm for the GameCube for $4. Missed this one back during the GC/XBox/PS2 era, so I'm looking forward to it, especially for the price.

And I ended up DLing Crash Bandicoot (PSOne Classic) on PSN. Only played one level so far, but it looks like it'll be a fun little game. Plus it was 'free' through PowerUp Rewards.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm working my way into Little Big Planet 2, and I have to say that I like 1 better. 1 was kind of cute and quirky. 2 is way more linear and goal oriented, and they just added too many unnecessary things I think. It's still loads of fun, but I think the original formula was better.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Notabot wrote:I'm working my way into Little Big Planet 2, and I have to say that I like 1 better. 1 was kind of cute and quirky. 2 is way more linear and goal oriented, and they just added too many unnecessary things I think. It's still loads of fun, but I think the original formula was better.
Amen to that.

Contemplating SSX at the moment.
Sades

Post by Sades »

SKYRIM

Though I technically didn't buy it. I'm borrowing it. But I'm still playing it.

Pity Hound, for he is now a Skyrim widow.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

DC Universe is free now, so I downloaded it on PS3. It took 2 and a half hours.:o I played it for a couple hours, still don't know what the hell to do.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Well, I played the Mass Effect 3 demo Multiplayer at my friend's house.
So once he gets the actual game, I'm gonna be over at his house WAY more often!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I've been playing Star Trek Online for the last month - it is great fun. Sure it has some shortcomings, but I'm happy to overlook them, as I'm a massive Trek fan.

Mass Effect 3 this Friday - expect my life to vanish!

And a new PC to play it on tonight. Good times.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sades wrote:SKYRIM

Though I technically didn't buy it. I'm borrowing it. But I'm still playing it.
I just finished up Batman: Arkham City on loan from a friend. Glad I didn't buy it myself, and although the game is very well made and the story was great, I kinda liked Arkham Asylum better. IMO.

Saturday I had purchased Super Dodge Ball Advance and Tiger Woods 2004 for the GBA. I played them each for ~15 minutes and realized I didn't like either one. So yesterday I went back and exchanged them for F-Zero: Maximum Velocity on the GBA. This one's going to be great for an upcoming trip to San Diego!!!