[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Maguire
Protoform

Post by Maguire »

I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 since the Season 14 started a couple of weeks ago. Haven't played in ages but when I realized that my favorite Monk build is the meta, I had to dive in again. No regrets. lol
Clay

Post by Clay »

Maguire wrote:I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 since the Season 14 started a couple of weeks ago. Haven't played in ages but when I realized that my favorite Monk build is the meta, I had to dive in again. No regrets. lol
Yes, D3!

I'm playing the necro this season. It's a bit unfortunate that my favorite build (bonestorm inarius) is also the weakest, but oh well.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finally finished Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, that turned into a bit of a slog, and now playing the Lego Movie Videogame, where I am up to level 7.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So another birthday has come and gone, and while I had to buy my own games, at least I got what I wanted.

For the PS4- Senran Kagura: No Shirt, No Shoes, All Service Edition from Amazon.

For the Vita- Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Borderlands 2. And in an amazing stroke of luck, I found a 64 gig Vita memory card used at GameStop. How a GameStop in the rinky dink state of Vermont got a Japan exclusive memory card is beyond me, but I’m not complaining.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Have finished the story mode for The Lego Movie Videogame and will now go to work on the Free Play section of the game.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I finally bought Overwatch.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Gearing up for Darksiders III, and picked up Darksiders: Warmastered Edition for the PS4 on sale for $2. Still irks me that I have to dump $5 onto my PS Account just to make the purchase. Now I just need to find time to play the darn thing!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Have finally finished the Lego Movie Video game to 100% completion and have also bought Pokemon Ultra Sun Fan Edition.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Have gone back to Borderlands 2 to try and clean up some quests and bosses in that.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Back onto playing Skyrim on Switch. I realized after a while that I hadn't done much in the main quest line, and with Diablo 3 (and also Smash Bros) coming later in the year I thought I would get going again.

I've made it as far as Alduin's Bane quest, so it looks like I don't have too much to go before finishing it out. I will likely get through the main quest and then just revisit when I want to tinker with the game. I also spent a good bit of time leveling up my Smithing and Enchanting skills, just to make myself better armor. :) This is definitely the farthest I have ever made it through this game, thanks to being able to play anywhere in my house instead of always having to be tied to a TV in the basement. :up:
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've done almost everything to 100% the Borderlands 2 trophy list, the last two are either a little time consuming to do or requires a friend to play with me online to unlock and as such I'm unsure whether I want to do them.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm about half way through Ocarina of Time and I'm sure I missed a piece of heart but I have no idea where and I don't want to retrace my steps to find it.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Wahoo! After a long on-and-off play, I finally finished the main quest in Skyrim (and also the Dragonborn DLC questline). Didn't go after Dawnguard yet, but I think I'm going to take a break from big, heavy RPG's. It was fun, but I'm kind of burnt out.

I think what I enjoyed the most was writing my own narrative (obvious for an RPG, I know, but I don't play many RPG's). I picked a somewhat boring Nord character, but I tatted him all up and gave him white-ish eyes. I focused on a few things I don't normally do in RPG's/Action-RPG's: honing archery (range) skills and going for a Spellsword-type character by pairing a War-axe with Restoration spells. And also using Light Armor. I usually lean towards more of a tank-type with Heavy Armor and BF weapons. It was a pleasant experience, even if the final battle ended up a little easy since I invested so much beforehand. I guess you could call that well-prepared?

I have no idea what's up next. Could be simply some NBA 2K18 & Pac-Man CE2+. Or even Lego CITY Undercover. Probably the former though. That is until Diablo 3 and Smash Bros. come out later in the year. :D Too many games and just not enough time.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I just finished Ocarina of Time today and man that final battle with Ganon is hard. It took me 4 tries but I finally got that ****er. That was the only fight I had real trouble with but man did it take me a while to win. I'm not sure if I want to go straight into Majora's Mask or maybe take a break from the games.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Hound wrote:man that final battle with Ganon is hard.
That's because I don't f*** around when it comes to ruling the world.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Steelbook Edition - It`s a lot of fun so far, and Lara`s dream sequence just put a smile on my face. That said, I do have a couple of complaints. One, and it`s a minor one, I get the feeling I`m missing an update patch, because of little hiccups here and there, and Two(which might be fixed with the update if there is one. Love my internet provider so much right now....), while you had to beat Rise to be able to switch skins, Shadow let's you from the get-go. It`s nice to be able to use the AoD skin, AND be able to use the mud stealth effect, but unlike Rise, the skin`s got zero interactivity. No eye movement, no lip movement...... Makes the cutscenes a little weird.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Spider-Man Special Edition.

I've also decided that I'm going to try to unlock the trophy where you need to keep Zero's special active for ten seconds and that will be it for Borderlands 2.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

My PS3's Blu Ray Laser seems to have stopped working so I just replaced it with a pre-owned one.

I also used the trade-in credit to pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2.

I did also get that thing done with Zero on Borderlands 2.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've just started on Resident Evil 6, it took me a little while to get the hang of the controls but as an action game it's not too bad but if you like your RE games as survival horror you probably won't like it.

In terms of progress, I've finished Leon's campaign and I've on the second chapter of Chris' campaign.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Picked up Forza Horizon 4 and man, what a beautiful and amazing game! Playing it on my Xbox One X and on my 78” 4K TV at 60 FPS is stunning! Game of the year contender right here!