[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I've been dreadfully naughty and bought a whole load of Warhammer stuff for the PC - Dawn of War and all add-ons - Dawn of War II and some of the extras...

Then today I found 3 PC games for £10 in Game and now possess the complete Gothic plus Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. And why not?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

A quick trip to Gamestop yesterday netted me a copy of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. Not the best game in the series, and I had it a long time ago but sold it, but this game sure is fun to play in short bits for a quick Zelda fix. Plus I just love the Link to the Past style graphics!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Newest game... Mass Effect 3. Loving every minute of it.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Another one for Mass Effect 3 here.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I was considering picking up "Deus Ex- Human Revolution" on Gamersgate for $8 (on sale this weekend), but then realized that I had the first two Deus Ex games on steam and hadn't even touched them yet. I'm sure Human Revolution will go on crazy sale again.

Side question: How are you pronouncing "Deus Ex"? I had always heard it as "Doo Ay" as in Deus Ex Machina, but I've heard several different pronunciations like "Day-us Ex", "Doo Ex", and even "Doos Ex".
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Play the games. The first one is my favourite game ever, and the second is worth a go. And Human Revolution is excellent too. Not as good as the first, but still great.

Currently installing ME3. Can't wait!
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I picked up ME3 on Tuesday and somehow resisted playing it till I finished ME2 again. Finished that last night so waiting to head home and start 3. Can't wait!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Neuronutter wrote:I picked up ME3 on Tuesday and somehow resisted playing it till I finished ME2 again. Finished that last night so waiting to head home and start 3. Can't wait!
Have you considered becoming a monk? That level of self control would be the envy of religious orders around the world. I've just arrived at the Citadel... So far it's been very intense, and brilliant, and I'm loving it!

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Alrighty, I bought the collector's editions of Lord Of The Rings: War In The North for half price price, as well as buying Saints Row 2 and Bioshock 2 on Wednesday and grabbing Twisted Metal and getting the voucher for Twisted Metal Black and finally, like everyone else, the N7 collectors edition of Mass Effect 3, even though I'm still working on my first playthrough of Mass Effect 1, and then doing a second playthrough on New Game+ and then during a playthough on easy with Femshep. I need more time for this stuff.
Destruction is my specialty
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Sixswitch wrote:Have you considered becoming a monk? That level of self control would be the envy of religious orders around the world. I've just arrived at the Citadel... So far it's been very intense, and brilliant, and I'm loving it!

-Ss
Heh! I started it last night and got as far as the Normandy. Loving it already, especially how great combat feels. I think it's gonna be one hell of an experience, playing this through!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Neuronutter wrote:Heh! I started it last night and got as far as the Normandy. Loving it already, especially how great combat feels. I think it's gonna be one hell of an experience, playing this through!
Yeah, combat is a big improvement over the previous two games. I've always said that I don't mind that the combat is a bit lacking as I've always been a fan for the story and RPG elements. But this time around, it really does feel great to play.

-Ss
Sades

Post by Sades »

I managed to slaughter a Bunny in Skyrim yesterday. I couldn't hit the little shits until now; I've killed like 4 dragons, but the Bunnies eluded me. Maybe now people will stop frigging mocking me!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I don't think I've ever been as emotionally involved in a game as Mass Effect 3. It was on course to be my favourite game ever easily. Then the ending came along. I really don't know what BioWare were thinking... It's a shallow ass pull that leaves a bitter taste about the entire series. They're crazy.

-Ss
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Sixswitch wrote:I don't think I've ever been as emotionally involved in a game as Mass Effect 3. It was on course to be my favourite game ever easily. Then the ending came along. I really don't know what BioWare were thinking... It's a shallow ass pull that leaves a bitter taste about the entire series. They're crazy.

-Ss
Wow. I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm about 15 hours in and loving it. The game is brilliant, just an amazing experience. The combat is superb, the characters, everything.

The endings really that bad? I've avoided spoilers, but I thought I had it figured out. I guess not. The ending spoils the whole series? Wow!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

not spoils it. But it's the thing that sticks in my head the most, rather than all the brilliant stuff that's gone before. Which is sad.

-Ss
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got:

Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Vectorman
Eternal Champions

All for 10 bucks.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Notabot wrote:I was considering picking up "Deus Ex- Human Revolution" on Gamersgate for $8 (on sale this weekend), but then realized that I had the first two Deus Ex games on steam and hadn't even touched them yet. I'm sure Human Revolution will go on crazy sale again.

Side question: How are you pronouncing "Deus Ex"? I had always heard it as "Doo Ay" as in Deus Ex Machina, but I've heard several different pronunciations like "Day-us Ex", "Doo Ex", and even "Doos Ex".
I listed to a few podcasts from IGN and the guys there pronounce it 'day-oos ecks'. I figure they have a lot of contact with the developers, etc. so it should be right on.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Another wallet lightening coupon to GameStop came into my possession, and now I own LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition and GTA IV for the PS3 and Dragon Age: Origins for the 360. Somehow I manage to keep adding games to my query without finishing them as fast as I can buy. Still playing catch up with the current generation of systems!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I killed another bunny!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Big woop! That's two, how long have you been playing the game for? Two months?