[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I got Donkey Kong Country Returns today as well, seems like a fun enough game so far, but I only got to play maybe 20 minutes before the kids took the controllers from me :lol:

Has anyone played Metroid: Another M...or whatever it is called? I'm wondering if its worth the time to download or not.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I got Other M for Christmas, and I'm really enjoying it. I thought the controls would be rather wonky when I first heard about them, but it really does work very well.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I downloaded F1 Challenge 99 02, and a ridiculous amount of mods for the thing. I can now drive a 1984 ATS-BMW. This game is better than you.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote:I got Other M for Christmas, and I'm really enjoying it. I thought the controls would be rather wonky when I first heard about them, but it really does work very well.
Cool, I'll give it a download and see what all the fuss is about. I downloaded Black Ops last night just to see this "Zombies" thing, and I'm not that impressed. It is just another FPS, nothing really stood out for me. Maybe I'll try the campaign mode later.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Took advantage of a used game coupon and picked up 3 games I haven't had the opportunity to play yet: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Resident Evil 5, and Halo 3, all for the 360 (and for $20 total!).

I played a bit of Oblivion last night, and played for way longer than I should have since I had to work the next morning. This games seems like it's going to eat up a ton of my time. Looking forward to playing RE5 & Halo 3 as well, but in due time. I still need to finish Batman: Arkham Asylum & Super Mario Galaxy 2 from my birthday/Christmas... :swirly:
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

In the past few weeks I have bought Dead Space 2 Limited Edition, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Killzone 3 Collector's Edition and am currently trying to go through Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.
Destruction is my specialty
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Just downloaded the demo for Dragon Age 2, played it then swiftly pre-ordered it! looks like it's gonna knock the first one right outta the park! also borrowing Deadspace 2 but will start that tomorrow

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Yesterday my friend gave me Luigi's Mansion for free cos he's a smashing bloke.:up:
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I picked up Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars from a pawn shop for $15. Great game. Lots of fun even if you have no idea what you're doing. Even more fun once you figure out some basic moves.

(In the same pawn shop trip I got Season 1 of "Mr. T: I Pity the Fool" for $3. The fact that the slipcase has a fabric swatch for his mohawk made it worth the 3 bucks before we even watched any of it!)
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 and the demo to Dragon Age II for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and I already pre-paid for Dragon Age II for both systems.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I already pre-paid for Dragon Age II for both systems.
Why?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Thinking of buying a new game for my PC for the first time in ages, so far tied between 'Dawn of War 2 : Retribution' (The one with all three games in as I haven't played any of them since 'Soulstorm'. Or wait for 'Homefront' which written by John Milius is being marketed as a playable version of the 80's film 'Red Dawn', which is awesome.

I'm tempted by Dragon Age 2, but I never got half way into the first one on the 360, found it too deep and wordy to sit back and play on the console. I wonder if it will translate better on the PC, where I have more of an attention span.

Anyone played it on the PC? How does the control system compare etc?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Sixswitch wrote:Why?
I want to play Dragon Age II on both my Xbox 360 and PS3 also I had the money at the time, to have them completely prepaid for. Also since I'm on disability and given what is happening over the battle of the Federal Budget that happening right now (and throw in the a very likely possibility of a government shutdown) it seems like it was a good thing that I did.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

No I mean why do you buy the games on two systems? It's a massive waste of money, surely?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I've been playing Oblivion for a while now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Incidentally I played the DA2 demo last night as well. Not too impressed, to be honest. Very similar in play style to the first (which is good), but the characters didn't seem anywhere near as interesting.

Will have to wait and see though - a demo of an RPG rarely presents the whole picture.

-Ss
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Searched in vain for a copy of Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker for GC today.

Had to settle for learning the theme on ukulele.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

electro girl wrote:Had to settle for learning the theme on ukulele.
SWEET! Video?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Sixswitch wrote:No I mean why do you buy the games on two systems? It's a massive waste of money, surely?
In case one of my consoles dies I have another system to play it on.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Notabot wrote:SWEET! Video?
We'll see. It's out of tune at the mo but I'm getting there. Do you play?
http://www.youtube.com/renegadeaccordio ... 3NRzOhTM_s
This is what I decided to learn from (obviously switching instrument)