[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas.

He's a hackin an wackin and smackin.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

With the red ring of death finally killing my 6 year old X-Box 360, I've taken to an addiction of 'Lost Viking', the arcade mini-game from Starcraft 2.

Shame as I enjoyed Fallout 3, can't be arsed with New Vegas on the PC though.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Early birthday present from my mom, I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Sunday morning. Pretty much just like Galaxy 1, but everything seems streamlined a little bit (like the overworld map system instead of the spacestation) and the addition of Yoshi is pure awesome. Only was able to play a couple stars yesterday since we were busy sightseeing and my 4 month old daughter doesn't like to sleep.

Lookin' forward to the rest of the game though!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 Collector's Edition and Borderlands Game Of The Year Edition on Wednesday. The Best thing about Borderlands is not the fact that it comes with the four DLC packs but that it also comes with the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo code voucher.

All hail the king baby!
Destruction is my specialty
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Finally was able to purchase a 4GB XBox 360 and TF: WFC. I know I'm late to the game but it's been nice to jump into higher-end gaming (only own a Wii since 2006). I've been thoroughly impressed by WFC, not because of graphics (the 4GB Xbox only comes with composite cables) but because it's a really well done game. Very pleased with my purchase!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

HeavyArms wrote:Got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 Collector's Edition and Borderlands Game Of The Year Edition on Wednesday. The Best thing about Borderlands is not the fact that it comes with the four DLC packs but that it also comes with the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo code voucher.

All hail the king baby!
Borderlands is an excellent game! That's awesome the GOTY edition comes with the Duke Nukem demo.

I've got COD Black Ops pre-ordered for next week.

Just bought Pinball FX 2 for X-Box Live Arcade. Best console pinball game ever!

Just beat Red Dead Redemption. Sad ending.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up NCAA Football 11 for the 360 last night at GameStop. This is the first current-gen football game I have owned since Madden 07 on the Wii. How far these games have come in 3 years, and I'm astounded at the jump in quality from the Wii to the 360 for sports games...
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got the Jedi Temple and Tatooine DLC for The Force Unleashed. Not much content for 20 bucks. It was fun to go back to that game, though.
I borrowed Red Dead Redemption. This is a good game. Yep, sad end to it. I also got the Undead Nightmare DLC for it. That's almost a whole new game. It's pretty fun, too.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2011 on the PS3 on Wednesday, and awaiting Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition.
Yes, Red Dead Redemption is an awesome game with a sad ending, but the Undead Nightmare is easily one of the better DLC packs out there.
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

I just got Golden Axe Beast Rider in the mail and I will say, it's not as bad as I've heard, but still could have been better. And the fact that it's single player instead of co-op is kinda lame.

Also bought Halo Reach and I will say, multiplayer, the maps suck. I usually play BTB and for some reason, I find it kinda boring alot of times bprobabky because of the crappy maps. Campaign isn't bad so far. I do like FireFight and had alot of fun with it this weekend. Also played a few custom games with 3 others and we all had fun. The DMR is crap though, IMO.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
Sades

Post by Sades »

None! Haha!

But damn do I miss the Uncharted Waters I downloaded onto my ex's Wii right now. :/
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

My X-Box 360 broke, so in a randm act of boredom I broke out my Dreamcast from the garage and have mostly been playing 'Starlancer'.

Epic story, "Break right!" "Bogey on my six!" "He's got a lock!" are all back in my vocabulary, damn the Dreamcast was a fine machine in its day.:D
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Well, I only just discovered that Goldeeye was already out on Wii, my local shop just didn't have any copies. So I need to track one
of them down.
And I'm about to go and buy a copy of Sonic Colours. I haven't been genuinely excited about a Sonic game in years!
I like bears.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Got me Call of Duty Black Ops. Multiplayer isn't as strong as Modern Warfare 2, but the Nazi Zombies helps make up for it. Definitely the best single player campaign out of all the COD games.

Check out the Black Friday deals...

Best Buy:

James Bond 007: Blood Stone - $34.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition - $29.99
Def Jam Rapstar - $34.99
Fable III - $39.99
Fallout 3 - $9.99
Fallout: New Vegas - $39.99
FIFA 11 - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
Halo: Reach - $39.99
Madden NFL 11 - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
Mafia II - $29.99
Major League Baseball 2K10 - $16.99
Medal of Honor - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
EA Sports MMA - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $16.99
NCAA Football 11 - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
NHL 11 - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
The Sims 3 - $34.99 (Doorbuster)
Tekken 6 - $9.99
The Beatles: Rock Band - $16.99
Splinter Cell: Conviction - $16.99
SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 - $29.99
XBox 360 4GB Console w/LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Batman & LEGO Indiana Jones: Original Adventures - $199.99

Target

Free $10 Gift Card with Purchase
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Dance Central
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Halo: Reach - $35
Medal of Honor - $35
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $35
Fable III - $35
Shaun White Skateboarding - $27
Final Fantasy XIII - $17

Doorbusters
Black Xbox 360 controller - $39.99
4GB Xbox 360 with $50 gift card - $199

I think I'm going to wait to get NFS Hot Pursuit till Black Friday.

Damn, that's crazy that you can get an X-Box 360 for $150! I may just get it as a back up.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got me some Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition.
I suppose it was too much to ask that the medal that they included looked like an actual official medal, like a Purple Heart or something.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

HeavyArms wrote:Got me some Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition.
I suppose it was too much to ask that the medal that they included looked like an actual official medal, like a Purple Heart or something.
Wouldn't it be a bit pathetic hanging a little medal that came free with a video game up on your wall like you were some sort of hero?
I like bears.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Four days till Brotherhood. That is all.

-Ss

PS: I'm British.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
Wouldn't it be a bit pathetic hanging a little medal that came free with a video game up on your wall like you were some sort of hero?
I don't care, I would like to have had it, I never said anything about showing it off.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I don't care, I would like to have had it, I never said anything about showing it off.

Also, grabbed the collector's edition of Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 on Wednesday
Clay

Post by Clay »

I got Fallout: New Vegas about three weeks ago. Funny thing, it activates through Steam, which also keeps track of how long you've played a given game.

I'm at 130 hours and climbing.