KFC

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

secretcode wrote:What? I'm not trying to generalize the group or anything, but the workers aren't even monitored at all, and every time I went there, there was always something they did to the food.

You know that restaraunt staff don't have the be the bastard love child of Gary Glitter and Fred West to do stuff to peoples food, right? A lot of places consider it a perk of the job. That's why it's hugely important to always be really nice to staff until after they bring you your order.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

inflatable dalek wrote:That's why it's hugely important to always be really nice to staff until after they bring you your order.
I shall remember that. :up:

Only problem is, the worker serving you is not always the one cooking, so who's gonna stop the kitchen staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Treadshot A1 wrote:Only problem is, the worker serving you is not always the one cooking, so who's gonna stop the kitchen staff?
Well, unless you just look like a twat or you're sleeping with all the kitchen staff's sisters you're not likely to do anything to piss them off at that distance. You have to run the risk of them not liking all their customers.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

inflatable dalek wrote:You have to run the risk of them not liking all their customers.
That was me in when I worked fast food!

The most I ever did though was include the condements they asked to take off...

although when I was night manager at Whataburger I would answer the headset after taking hits from the helium tank "Thank you for choosing Whataburger, Would you like to try another resturant tonight?"

I almost wish those days hadn't ended... lol
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Well, unless you just look like a twat or you're sleeping with all the kitchen staff's sisters you're not likely to do anything to piss them off at that distance. You have to run the risk of them not liking all their customers.
Yep. It's either that or never eat at a venue where you can't see the food being prepared at every step of the way.

Even at Subway you've no guarantee that's actually just mayo.

I like KFC. There are two within about equal distance of me. One serves the most lovely food evar. The other is one of the most horrid places I've ever eaten. The joy of franchising.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yeah, a good KFC is nice. And I've no intention of going vegetarian, so basically as others said I'll probably at times eat eat food that's had some degree of cruelty in its provision.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Blitzwing wrote:Pretty much every major fast food company must undergo some pretty cruel practices in order to produce the volume of meat that they sell worldwide.
Not necessarily...Popeye's and Church's have been praised for being much more "humane" (if you can call it that) than KFC. It's still murdering animals wholesale for human consumption, but at least they're not extending the animals' suffering or cooking them alive. All fast food joints are not created equal - anyone who eats McDonald's knows that.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Catalyst Dragon wrote: The most I ever did though was include the condements they asked to take off...
I like that quote!

As for KFC. Not a fan. I much prefer Burger King, and I only eat that when my mates are visiting and I'm too busy to cook and in too much of a rush to get a pub meal.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote: Even at Subway you've no guarantee that's actually just mayo.
Our McDonald's drive through apparently got into trouble for staff doing just that. Still, the added protein probably made the food healthier.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

My Grandma never used an axe, Ackula. Too messy. It was the poker and one clean whallop.

I still believe that the chickens deserve everything they get. I was beaked by a sodding mini feathered dinosaur, so I have my reasons for grim retaliation against the entire flock of them, folks.

Don't eat much KFC, in any case. I prefer Mc's fish burgers, but I understand PETA now want me to love the sea kittens...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

The only thing that I eat at KFC are the sandwhiches. I don't really like fried items. While I haven't been raised at or near a farm, I understand that these animals aren't pets. While I would want the things to be put down humanely, I know that some places and or people will kill the animals how ever they please. That still wouldn't really change my mind on eating meat though.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

inflatable dalek wrote:Our McDonald's drive through apparently got into trouble for staff doing just that. Still, the added protein probably made the food healthier.
UK, right? I knew it. I told Halfshell it wasn't worth driving that far for one specific McDonald's, but it all makes sense now.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Personally, I like KFC. Never had a problem with it, and since my family didn't eat there that often (we always had home cooked meals) it was a nice divergence from the norm, and almost like a treat. That said, regardless of how the meat is gathered (slaughter and what not) I'll still eat at places like that. Being a deer hunter as I am, the killing of an animal for food doesn't bother me. As soon as you've field-dressed a deer in the woods to put food on the table, it all comes into perspective. Furthermore, quality or not, fast food is very handy when you're on the run and don't have time to get something better.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

ganon578 wrote:Being a deer hunter as I am, the killing of an animal for food doesn't bother me. As soon as you've field-dressed a deer in the woods to put food on the table, it all comes into perspective.
Have you ever broken a deer's legs, then cooked it while it was still alive? Methinks you might need to read the website in question more closely before talking about things coming into "perspective."
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I honestly have to ask: Why isn't a legit animal rights organization (like the ASPCA. I wouldn't believe anything PETA said. Even if they quoted me word-for-word. They have no real credability with their reactionary tactics imo) on their backs if this is true?

Preferences? I like popeyes.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Have you ever broken a deer's legs, then cooked it while it was still alive?
If he answers yes, that will be most hardcore. :lol:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Ackula wrote:If he answers yes, that will be most hardcore. :lol:
YES!!! - that's for you Ackula...

True answer, no. And by "perspective" I didn't mean something brutal. It was more along the lines of having killed an animal for food, it's not as repulsive. A vast majority of people just by food without ever seeing it being killed. And anyways, they're bred for food, and they serve their purpose. If you want to give them all lethal injections to do it the "humane" way, be my guest. Then you can eat your $100 chicken to pay for the injection. But then that brings in toxicity issues in the meat...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

RID Scourge wrote: I wouldn't believe anything PETA said. Even if they quoted me word-for-word. They have no real credability with their reactionary tactics imo
I pretty much agree with this. They're a bunch of idiots. Of course, it could be true, I just don't trust that bunch.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

ganon578 wrote:by "perspective" I didn't mean something brutal. It was more along the lines of having killed an animal for food, it's not as repulsive. A vast majority of people just by food without ever seeing it being killed. And anyways, they're bred for food, and they serve their purpose. If you want to give them all lethal injections to do it the "humane" way, be my guest. Then you can eat your $100 chicken to pay for the injection. But then that brings in toxicity issues in the meat...
You're missing the point...no one's brought up injections...the bottom line is that I don't even have a problem with the animals being raised, then killed for food...just don't break their wings and legs or toss them into the oil BEFORE slitting their throats. I'm not asking a lot, but you're missing the point. I've killed an animal for food as well, but that does not build credibility or "perspective."
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

But the terror and adrenaline is part of the secret recipe!