world zombie day

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
slartibartfast

world zombie day

Post by slartibartfast »

Hear ye hear ye! The day of the dead is officially the 26th October! So if you feel like a zombie 364 days of the year, the daily routine sucking at your lifeblood and eating away your soul, then at least for one day in the year you can admit it and say "yes! I am a zombie!" and strut limp your stuff.

There are zombie walks organised all over the place, even though the top sites seem to be myspace and facebook. edit : easier just to google it.

But my favourite is http://www.zombieharbor.com/, we just got the all-clear from the Préfecture de Paris, so we're good to go. It's all very exciting. Maybe there's one near you.

So, anyone else looking up recipes for cheap fake blood and tearing up old work clothes? Anyone else practicing shambling? Anyone actually aware this was going on?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I was not aware of this, but if I remember I'll watch a Zombie movie or two this weekend in honor of it. Perhaps I'll even bite someone for good measure . . . :p
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Pshh. Awesome. My party is basically 25-26th. I didn't even know the date was this. ^_^
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

RID Scourge wrote:I was not aware of this, but if I remember I'll watch a Zombie movie or two this weekend in honor of it. Perhaps I'll even bite someone for good measure . . . :p
I got Land of the Dead cheaply a coupla weeks ago and havent found the time to watch it yet so the weekend it is.

Wonder if theres a walk near to me I can shuffle aimlessly along to.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Glee!! I love zombie walks. Never been a part of one but always wanted to. I guess making my zombie costume for Halloween will be good enough to celebrate this most festive occasion.
~
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

martyboy70 wrote:I got Land of the Dead cheaply a coupla weeks ago and havent found the time to watch it yet so the weekend it is.
Ooh! I like that one.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Ostentatious wrote:Glee!! I love zombie walks. Never been a part of one but always wanted to. I guess making my zombie costume for Halloween will be good enough to celebrate this most festive occasion.
Yeh, easy choice of halloween costumes this year... This is my first as well. I've been told it's quite gruelling to do, being so slow and all. I'm mostly all excited about making the costume. Thinking of using uncooked pasta for broken bones and arteries, covered in copious amounts of liquid latex. Maybe even some lasagna cooked in red food dye for some flabs of skin to eat...
RID Scourge wrote:Perhaps I'll even bite someone for good measure . . . :p
:up: ... are there any good bite puns left?

P.S. Dance of the dead is enjoyably silly.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

slartibartfast wrote:Yeh, easy choice of halloween costumes this year... This is my first as well. I've been told it's quite gruelling to do, being so slow and all. I'm mostly all excited about making the costume. Thinking of using uncooked pasta for broken bones and arteries, covered in copious amounts of liquid latex. Maybe even some lasagna cooked in red food dye for some flabs of skin to eat...
Well, welcome to the legions of the dead! I've been a zombie for the past 5 years, mainly due to the fact I work in a haunted house/haunted hike-in-the-woods every Halloween. The costume is indeed fun to make. I always enjoyed ripping up old suits from the thrift store. Toilet paper and liquid latex can make some great rotten flesh effects. Youtube's got a ton of videos on it.
I like the lasagna idea! I usually just took an old terry cloth hand towel, ripped it up, and soaked in watered down red paint or fake blood.
~
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Anyone planning to watch Dead Set on E4 on monday? It looks alright but I just have a thing about running zombies not really being zombies. Its set around the UK version of big brother were the contestants are 'evicted' into an infested world. Plus an undead Davina Mc'all.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Ostentatious wrote:Well, welcome to the legions of the dead!
Thanks for the tips dude. I like the sound of your job.

I've finally decided to go for a journalist-style zombie, so that I can take photos. Although it depends if I can get my hands on sunglasses and bucket hat to see how 'gonzo' I can make it. If I could find an old fax machine to drag around that would be ideal.

Proof'll be in the pudding, but I'm having fun thinking about it.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

I remember hearing about this before.

Sounds like fun!:up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I was aware that this was the date, however I don't have anything planned other than most likely watching some Lucio Fulci zombie movies. I will however be attending the real Day of the Dead (Dia De Los Muertos) this year in L.A. http://www.ladayofthedead.com/... which I am very excited about!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

****ing awesome!

Groovy vid 1

Hundreds of zombies and twice as many photographers turned out for the occasion, it was like a sea of hands either covered in blood or holding cameras. I guess my costume was a success since everyone seemed to be ignoring me as if I were a journalist, and I had a great time staggering around and moaning. In fact I enjoyed myself so much that I didn't really notice what else was going on, like there were 'victims' to eat on the way this great live band at the back where I was. There were some really amazing costumes, and a huge team of make-up volunteers doing some brilliant work. There was a zombie rabbit, there's always a zombie rabbit apparently... heu.. and lots of other stuff.

groovy vid 2
groovy vid 3
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

electro girl wrote:Anyone planning to watch Dead Set on E4 on monday? It looks alright but I just have a thing about running zombies not really being zombies. Its set around the UK version of big brother were the contestants are 'evicted' into an infested world. Plus an undead Davina Mc'all.
Took a sickie from work today and watched the first 2 episodes of this on C4 on demand and thought it was excellent-Im hooked.
Really liked the way its been done where the BB house is so sealed off from the outside world that its one of the few safe places from the rampaging hordes of "zeds" tho we are an hour and a half in and nobody has said the Z word.
I will certainly be tuning in for tonights 3rd part.
Is anyone on here watching it?
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

A sickie! Thats a very unindustrious work ethic Marty for shame. I,ve been loving the series and i'm missing Heroes to see the next one, Heroes! of all shows.

Do you think Grayson will kill her if he has to? he seems to be the more careing member of the group. And what will become of the phyco bitch with the gun? Its chucking cliffhangers all over the place.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Well I think its a case of WHEN rather than IF she turns but I doubt he will be able to off her seeing as hes a nurse and is usually supposed to be preserving life rather than stabbing it in the head with a large pair of scissors.
Im just wondering if they will cop out of actually explaining why and where the outbreak started.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

martyboy70 wrote: Im just wondering if they will cop out of actually explaining why and where the outbreak started.
Wifi, god knows what that does to your molecules.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Good on you, Slartbart! :clap: I'd never heard of this Day before, but it sounds a blast!