Harrison Ford Changed My Life!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Okay, so this is overstating it a bit. But, a few months ago, shots of Harrison Ford shopping for Indiana Jones figures surfaced (now, WHY he, of all people, had to shop for them is anyone's guess... seriously). What was interesting was that he hadn't bagged any of his purchases, chosing instead to carry the stack 'naked' out to his car.

I actually thought this was a pretty clever idea, and felt a little stupid for not thinking of this. I'm buying small-stack purchases all the time (family of five, three girls), and though I use the small bags as trash bags when i get them, it occured to me that just not getting the bags at all was less wasteful. So, I made a point to stop doing it.

Now, it's been a few weeks, and it already feels weird to think about getting a back for a small-stack purchase. It's a 'green' thing, but it was so minor and logical that I really wish it had occurred to me a long time ago. So, thanks to Harrison Ford!
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Han solo is going green! ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

rattrap23 wrote:Han solo is going green! ;)
Harrison Ford's always been a bit of a 'hippy' in some senses. More grounded than most, I guess. (He worked a lot of labor and got his 'break' pretty late in his career.. granted, what a break it was!)

Like I said, though, it was such a little thing, and I was surprised at how easy and natural it is to do.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Mark Hamil had the foresight to work into his Star Wars contract a clause guaranteeing him one of every piece of merchandise with his face on it.

Harrison Ford obviously never considered that when he signed up for Star Wars or Indiana Jones. Now he's reduced to battling scalpers at 7 in the morning so he can get that blindpacked Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones with "OH SHIT SNAKES!" variant head sculpt.
:nonono:
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

While Lucas is a money-grubbing holier-than-Obama so-and-so... I don't know why Speilberg, who is known to be pretty magnanimous to his staff, wouldn't have pulled a few strings. :wtf:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . maybe he likes to actually go out and buy action figures. I find it more pesonally rewarding when I go to a store and pick a figure up as opposed to just ordering it online. Maybe he's like that, too.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

RID Scourge wrote:Hmmm . . . maybe he likes to actually go out and buy action figures. I find it more pesonally rewarding when I go to a store and pick a figure up as opposed to just ordering it online. Maybe he's like that, too.
Possibly.. but, I admit, I would consider getting an action figure of myself a 'perk'.

Granted, I didn't get a freebie of one of my characters when it DID come out as a toy.. not even a 'by your leave'...

Anyway, neither here nor there. I do wonder what the clerk who sold the figures was thinking when he/she was ringing up Harrison, though. :)
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Indiana Jones and the Wasters of the Plastic Bags ;)

And good on you, Mark Hamill! :up:

And... one of your characters, green Republican guy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

LKW wrote:Indiana Jones and the Wasters of the Plastic Bags ;)

And good on you, Mark Hamill! :up:

And... one of your characters, green Republican guy?
I had a mush character (Windshear) made into a figure for RiD. Same name, bio, alt-mode, even statistics. Only real differences were because of the mold used (different head) and the change from Windshear to Windsheer.

Granted, there's nothing that expressly says that it was my character, but it was one hell of a lot of coincidences. And no, I never got him for free. :P
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"He had a vaguely similar name and a vaguely similar look, clearly they so ripped off my character".

RID/Car Robots was pretty much produced by Takara was it not? In that case I'd say the odds of them being aware of your fan fiction characters are fairly minimal. There's only so may names made up of two words stuck together that sound reasonable after all...
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

inflatable dalek wrote:"He had a vaguely similar name and a vaguely similar look, clearly they so ripped off my character".
All eight statistics, the name, the color scheme, the choice of jet, the bio itself, etc... It wasn't vaguely similar in the slightest, as the only differences presented were a result of the chosen flipchanger mold.
RID/Car Robots was pretty much produced by Takara was it not? In that case I'd say the odds of them being aware of your fan fiction characters are fairly minimal. There's only so may names made up of two words stuck together that sound reasonable after all...
Windsheer was actually Hasbro, with no bearing on the Takara line. He was one of the 'filler figures' that padded out the line a bit, in this case included with one of the autobot flipchangers in order to bulk up the 'deluxe' price point at the time.

Like I said, to me it's not a huge deal, I've always maintained that anything I do that's Transformers-related is ultimately Hasbro's anyway. It's not worth a huge argument anyway, as I can't prove it (as I said), but it's just far too coincidental to actually BE a coincidence.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

I was a little worried when I read the title of this thread. The last time a read anything about Harrison Ford changing anyone's life it was about a man who realized he was gay after watching Ford as Indiana Jones.
~
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Ostentatious wrote:I was a little worried when I read the title of this thread. The last time a read anything about Harrison Ford changing anyone's life it was about a man who realized he was gay after watching Ford as Indiana Jones.
Hmm... nope, heterosexual here. :)