Star Wars the force unleashed, worth the hype?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Prowl1984

Star Wars the force unleashed, worth the hype?

Post by Prowl1984 »

So i finally got this game after waiting aaages for it for the 360, i even put off buying the console until the game was released, but found myself to be a little disappointed with the length. Graphically the game was amazing,it had an interesting and engaging narrative and the gameplay was just awesome but damn it was short. Furthermore, there seems to be a glitch with my copy or at least the 360 version, that causes the game to stop displaying secondary missions after level 3 or 4 as well as enemies killed and holocrons collected which makes it frustrating when attempting to 100% the game. did anybody else find this?

what are your general opinions?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Incredibly short, incrddibly repetative.

Was kinda fun for a bit but I got quite bored, a mate of mine has completed it 9 times.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Wii Version: Trash. The multiplayer isn't even good- which was the main reason for me to try this verison. Pass on it. 4/10

360 Version: Fed up with the Wii Version, I tried this version. Still trash, but it's better. 5.5/10
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

The Wii version is fundamentally floored. The combinations required to do even the most basic of combos put me right off before I'd really got into the game. That's not even paying any heed to the sub-PS2 standard graphics.

Shame cos it was the version that had most potential to actually be fun to play.

Haven't tried it on any other consoles. Probably never will either.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Wow, sounds like this game really flopped. So glad I got Soul Calibur 4 instead. If only my internet connection was better :(
~
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:The Wii version is fundamentally floored. The combinations required to do even the most basic of combos put me right off before I'd really got into the game. That's not even paying any heed to the sub-PS2 standard graphics.

Shame cos it was the version that had most potential to actually be fun to play.

Haven't tried it on any other consoles. Probably never will either.
I played the wii version over my mates house the other night and couldn't believe how shoddy the graphics were for a next gen console. i only really expected the controls to be different not the entire game. i do really enjoy it on the 360 it's just a bit gutting that i don't feel the urge to pick it up and play again. at least it gives me an excuse to play gears of war and to look forward to the new spidey game.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Well, I guess I'll be skipping this game then, if it's as bad as everyone says. I saw a review on the tele for it and they raved it, then I looked on IGN and the review, and the averages from across the spectrum, were pretty poor, so I put off getting it. Now, I won't bother getting it at all; maybe if the price comes right down I might but otherwise I'll see if I can borrow it and give it a go.