Creepiest Songs?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

Creepiest Songs?

Post by secretcode »

I'm throwing a party in a few weeks for Halloween (Yes, I do have a ****ing life) and I need some ****ing creepy as Hell songs to illegally retrieve legitimately buy for the party.

I only have four picked out
Avenged Sevenfold: A Little Piece of Heaven
Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast
Slayer: 213
Slayer: Dead Skin Mask

Help me out, Archivers! (Warning: Link potentially NSFW, and can be considered questionable) Also, list will be updated as I think of more...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The Toadies - Possum Kingdom

Oh, there's a joke here that even I'm not horrible enough to make. :angel:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Devil Doll - The Girl Who Was....Death: The most unknown and under appreciated band in the world also happens to be the most original and brilliant known. The most unique composition you will ever hear, I promise, even if you hate it you will agree it is completely original and unique. Perfectly suited for Halloween as Mr. Doctor's unique Sprechgesang vocal technique sends chills down the spine. The Girl Who Was... Death, was inspired by the 1967 British television series The Prisoner. 500 copies of the album were originally pressed, in the beginning of 1989, of which only 150 were released. These were distributed out amongst the audience of the second live performance of the composition (the first had occurred before the pressing of the album), each with a unique inlay created by Mr. Doctor. Some of these inlays were written in his own blood. The remaining 350 copies of the album were destroyed by Mr. Doctor once he returned home.

Tombstone - Gothic Lands: A very rare and obscure album by an Italian Dark Ambient composer, Emanuele Lago. The album consists of ghoulish noises, screams, groans, ritualistic rhythms, all backed by methodical synth sounds and melodies. Hard to find but well worth finding, especially for Halloween.

The Omen soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith: Nothing more dramatic, moody, and totally evil sounding. This is the most satanic music ever created, with the exception of Mussorgsky's Night On Bald Mountain. **** metal, this is the real evil shit.

Modest Mussorgsky - A Night On Bald Mountain: Brilliant composition and epic in sound and scope. One of the best classical compositions we have. This is the music scoring the famous scene of the Devil/Demon in Fantasia.

Mortiis - Crypt Of The Wizard: A classic Dark Ambient album that sounds like medieval chamber music with a high fantasy element. All of Mortiis' era 1 albums are grandly epic in composition, but this one is my personal favorite for creating a spooky atmosphere, I'd also recommend The Stargate album as well.

The Misfits - Halloween II: No Halloween is ever complete for me personally without playing this song. The latin chants and Samhain atmosphere in the music always sends a chill down my spine even after hearing it hundreds of times.

Halloween Theme - John Carpenter: A given, or it should be, but still great for any Halloween party or get together. Any of the versions are fine, but I personally prefer the version from the 6th installment of the franchise. Just steer clear from Rob Zombie's version at all costs.

Goblins Greatest Hits Volumes 1-3: Goblin, the band behind the scores for most Italian horror movies of the late seventies and eighties. Their 3 disc set contains hours of haunting compositions from many of Dario Argento's greatest films, and much more. The theme from Suspiria is one of the best stand outs, as well as the theme from Phenomena.

NON- Easy Listening For Iron Youth: A best of album from the mastermind Boyd Rice. This album is a great introduction to the unique music that is NON. Very suitable for Halloween as it adds just the right atmosphere of dread and tension.

I will think of others later I am certain, and will add another post when that occurs.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Somehow I knew Kali would be able to pick a few chillers.

Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows. Hands down, the creepiest and most original artist I've ever heard. The truly amazing thing is that s/he didn't start her/his career until the early 90s when s/he was probably in her/his late thirties or early forties. Anyhow, this is the only legit music video I could find on Youtube. I'm only familiar with her recent stuff, which is very pompous musically and generally more...light-hearted. Her latest album should have a few dance tracks on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287kBg-qEVU
~
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ashtorath - Princess of Death (instrumental, just mood music).

Iron Maiden - Powerslave (but you need to be careful, as the modern re-release cut the intro off the song and stuck it onto the one before it on the album).

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (also nicely atmospheric).

Most of Cruelty And The Beast by Cradle Of Filth. Being a story album, you can just stick it on and leave it...

Cradle Of Filth - Damned In Any Language / Better To Reign In Hell.

Score to The Ninth Gate by Wojciech Kilar.

Bobby Pickett - Monster Mash. Because it's a classic, dammit.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Denyer wrote:Bobby Pickett - Monster Mash. Because it's a classic, dammit.
I already dabbed that one last night... I also included the Misfits version for good measure.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Why've you got a 200Kb bitmap in your signature?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Hosted it on my own area... Geocities is my bitch.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Denyer wrote: Score to The Ninth Gate by Wojciech Kilar.
Damn, how did I forget that? Also his score to Bram Stoker's Dracula is brilliant as well. I've played it many Halloweens as a mood music to scare away trick or treaters.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

There were some creepy songs on "Christ Illusion", I'll get names when I am not lazy.

Also, depending on what creeps you out, GWAR and The Jesus Lizards might work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

virus of life- Slipknot, firething- Gudrun Gut, brutality- Urban Voodoo, december- Static X, i need i want i will- Auf der Maur, white rabbit- Collide, rapture- Hurt... thats all i got for now...
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

"Crystal Mountain" by Death is a good song
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Bony M - Rasputin.

Even though it isn't scary scary, then tone of the song being so cheerful, even though the subject material isn't, is a scary thought. Hit it up on youtube to see what I mean. Btw, the band is disco... Which makes it even scarier with the cheery theme and dark character lol.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Rasputin (the song) is one of my favorite disco hits! I used to listen to it all the time when I was a kid. Thanks for mentioning it, Springer!
~
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

While browsing through my CDs today I remembered one other really great album for Halloween atmosphere, one I used to play outdoors many Halloween nights to scare the kids that trick or treated.

The album is Aghast - Hexerei im Zwielicht der Finsternis, and while it is somewhat obscure and hard to come by online, it is well worth the effort to find it or buy it. It is creepy in the extreme, mostly just ambient screams, screeches, chants and synth music, it sounds like a witch summoning demons on a foggy night might sound if it were music.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

"She was only seventeen...seventeen...but she was sexy...seventeen years old..." -Rick James
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

The creepiest song is, without doubt, Barney's "I like you" song.

Especially when sung by the purple abomination itself. :D
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vin Ghostal wrote:"She was only seventeen...seventeen...but she was sexy...seventeen years old..." -Rick James
How old was he when he wrote that?

Some of Meat Loaf's oeuvre comes off as ****ing creepy when performed by a fifty year old guy...
archie321

Post by archie321 »

Ramstein's Reise,Reise is pretty good. First time I heard it, it kind of creeped me out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

My vote would go for Black Sabbath by Type O Negative. Creepy cover on the Nativity In Black (tribute to Black Sabbath) album.