Would Someone Kill Metallica Please?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:Atreyu.
Oh... HELL naw. Don't even group Atreyu with those bands. At least they stick to their original style.

(ಠ_ಠ)
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

secretcode wrote:Oh... HELL naw. Don't even group Atreyu with those bands. At least they stick to their original style.

(ಠ_ಠ)
They should not be classified as metal.
They are emo, not metal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

And who the f*** gives you the right to say what's metal and what isn't? You think they are emo? F***. That. Shit. They are Metalcore, and just because it doesn't fit into your tiny window of what's good and not, doesn't give you the f***ing right to bash something other people like by classifying as something it's not.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

secretcode wrote:And who the f*** gives you the right to say what's metal and what isn't? You think they are emo? F***. That. Shit. They are Metalcore, and just because it doesn't fit into your tiny window of what's good and not, doesn't give you the f***ing right to bash something other people like by classifying as something it's not.
Even though I am in agreement with you Secretcode, I feel everyone has their own right to say what is and not a certain genre of music. HOWEVER, it does say on the label of any cd bought and the main website classification of the genre. I listen to Manowar, and they claim to be the Kings of Metal, and so far no one has really knocked them off their pedestal, and that being said, if you can name a band that has blown 32+ speakers out in one single concert, let me know and I will applaud them. Anyway, why not go back to the topic of Metallica and not killing each other shall we?
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Erm... right then.

The CD is starting to grow on me. It's actually getting quite catchy, which really bothers the f*** out of me...
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

secretcode wrote:And who the f*** gives you the right to say what's metal and what isn't? You think they are emo? F***. That. Shit. They are Metalcore, and just because it doesn't fit into your tiny window of what's good and not, doesn't give you the f***ing right to bash something other people like by classifying as something it's not.
Linkin Park is classified as metal.
Do you agree with that, or not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

To a point, yes. Hardcore? No. Metal? They used to be. Their current stuff is weaker though. More punkish.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

secretcode wrote:To a point, yes. Hardcore? No. Metal? They used to be. Their current stuff is weaker though. More punkish.
Look, you have to understand, my sister is a hardcore fan of Atreyu, and even she thinks they are more of a Punk/Emo than metal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Nothing really gives you the right to treat others like you are treating him either. Its one thing to disagree with someone but to speak to them in such a way is over the top, even for you. You have been walking a thin line for quite some time now, and I think its time to finally give you a vacation until you can learn to treat others with respect. There are a great many people here who do not agree with your methods and ways of addressing others, yet they still treat you with respect and let you sail on by, you need to learn humility.

And just before anyone from the peanut gallery chimes in about any injustices, this is not the only offense that is earning secretcode a well deserved break. There have been many, and I have been keeping track of them.

:derailed:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Springer007 wrote:I listen to Manowar, and they claim to be the Kings of Metal, and so far no one has really knocked them off their pedestal, and that being said, if you can name a band that has blown 32+ speakers out in one single concert, let me know and I will applaud them. Anyway, why not go back to the topic of Metallica and not killing each other shall we?
I think Manowar should invest in more expensive speakers if they just keep blowing them out. Or hire a better road crew. Hah! I kid. Anyways, back to Metallica, "My Apocalypse" basically scorches anything that they (Metallica) has done since ...And Justice For All. I just love the riffs. Fast, brutal, metal goodness.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think Miley Cyrus is better than them all. Your music is irrelevant.

Hold on, does Miley Cyrus sing? I just picked the first teenybopper name that popped into my head. I'm pretty sure she does...

I've not heard the latest Metallica album yet. I'm not too keen t'be honest, after Reload they kinda started sounding pants... imo anyway.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Sades wrote:Hold on, does Miley Cyrus sing? I just picked the first teenybopper name that popped into my head. I'm pretty sure she does...
No, she just walks into phone booths. Hannah Montana is the one that sings while leaving the very same phone booths by coincidence.
Steam: Hot Shot
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:No, she just walks into phone booths. Hannah Montana is the one that sings while leaving the very same phone booths by coincidence.
Why do I get a feeling that her secret identity is Supergirl? XD.... Sorry, the momentum carried me a bit too far there. I am sure she sings, but she lipsinks more..... Didn't Millie Vanilli, or whatever the deuce their name was, get in trouble for lipsinking (but of course claiming it was their music too), yet these pop tarts don't get in trouble for the exact same thing? Must be the power of the boobage then.... O.o

-Space Marines
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:They should not be classified as metal.
They are emo, not metal.
HAHAHAHAHA....I like you...even if you like Metallica, that insult alone earns you points with me kiddo! :)
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Wow. I should check GD more often. So yeah, my friend Steve burnt me a copy of Death Magnetic and I have to say that it's good old Metallica. A bit weak at times, but they're getting old. "The Judas Kiss" and "Suicide and Redemption" are my two favorite songs right now, mainly cause the former reflects so much on their old song formats and the guitar solos are great. The latter, because I'm a sucker for Metallica's instrumental pieces. But yeah, playing the album on my computer I hear no sound problem. However, my car stereo is another story. The bass sounds really faded, like if it was being played at a concert, the bass would be 20 yards behind the stage.

Now to go a bit off topic...
I'm seeing some of us are having a hard time defining what Metal is. Well, if we're going by the old school definition, which was often labeled to bands like Steppenwolf for some of you youngsters out there, we're just looking for a nice, thick, heavy sound. Long guitar riffs, nice strong drum beats, and generally just f***ing LOUD. So by those standards, a majority of bands today could be considered metal. But there is this one factor that I like to see a band express before I'll consider them metal and that's some machismo. A metal band had got to show me some Manly anger and pride. It's got to give a feeling of just going of the the jugular, so to speak.

Unfortunately a lot of these bands lack that to me nowadays. High pitched screaming taking the place of singing, moaning, and sappy lyrics about being sad or "emotional" are just telling me that these guys could probably be frightened by their own shadow, then promptly get kicked in the balls by it.
~
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ostentatious wrote:Now to go a bit off topic...
I'm seeing some of us are having a hard time defining what Metal is. Well, if we're going by the old school definition, which was often labeled to bands like Steppenwolf for some of you youngsters out there, we're just looking for a nice, thick, heavy sound. Long guitar riffs, nice strong drum beats, and generally just f***ing LOUD. So by those standards, a majority of bands today could be considered metal. But there is this one factor that I like to see a band express before I'll consider them metal and that's some machismo. A metal band had got to show me some Manly anger and pride. It's got to give a feeling of just going of the the jugular, so to speak.
I tend to work off the hair scale.

If any member has shaved / had a haircut / bathed in the past three months, then they're not metal.

Must also wear at least one leather garment. Regardless of temperature.

Tattoos optional.

Must be fairly accomplished musicians, though. Once technical ability becomes optional, then you're into the realm of punk. Or boy bands. Often both (cf The Sex Pistols, Busted).
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

Halfshell wrote:I tend to work off the hair scale.

If any member has shaved / had a haircut / bathed in the past three months, then they're not metal.

Must also wear at least one leather garment. Regardless of temperature.

Tattoos optional.

Must be fairly accomplished musicians, though. Once technical ability becomes optional, then you're into the realm of punk. Or boy bands. Often both (cf The Sex Pistols, Busted).
And the drummers typically make the most ridiculous faces when they play.

I'm not really a fan of the new Metallica, though I must admit I haven't given their latest a fair shake yet. My primary impressions were that is was fast and loud, but the vocals don't have the raw edge they had in their prime. To me that is jarring enough to put me off truly enjoying the songs for what they are. It seems to me that James voice has mellowed to the point that he sounds more like a crooner than a metalhead. Perhaps they should retire the Metallica name and start a new band, then they could play music that's a bit different without having everyone say, "Dude! This ain't Metallica." The band has never been the same without Burton. Newstead was awesome, but Burton's a god. :angel:
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Halfshell wrote: Must also wear at least one leather garment. Regardless of temperature.
So they got to be Hell bent for leather? ;)

I've been listening to too much Judas Priest lately.
~
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Or have Pleasure Slaves, as Manowar would say ^^

-Space Marines
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

i can't be arsed to read three pages of thread so i'm just gonna say the new album's awesome.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin: