Harry potter and the Half Blood Prince trailer

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Harry potter and the Half Blood Prince trailer

Post by Jetfire »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBGbKCm_pQQ

Nice teaser. Love the young Dumbledor and the young Tom Riddle is really, really creapy-just the way he should be.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Brilliant! I now have something to look forward to, and it sure does look very promising indeed! I'm sure I'm getting over excited, but its been far too long since I had anything HP to look forward to. Time to go re-read all the books again......
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Isn't the last book going to be two different movies?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

secretcode wrote:Isn't the last book going to be two different movies?
yup, either because they want to a) be true to the original material or b) make shed loads of cash
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

To be fair, so much happens in the last book I can't see how they could cut it down effectively.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Jetfire wrote:To be fair, so much happens in the last book I can't see how they could cut it down effectively.
true, but as the previous five movies have hacked the crap out of the books, a lot of the last book isn't necessary (Three Go Camping for example!) for the final film in terms of making sense of the films per se. However, Half Blood Prince is the one they truly can't screw up as it sets literally everything up for the finale
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I just finished reading the Half Blood Prince for the first time last Friday. The timing for this trailer to show up couldn't have been more perfect.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I really don't care for the Potter movies, I prefere the books. I haven't seen the last three movies, and I don't plane to. The movies cut way too much from the books, and they don't Peeves in them. You need Peeves for the hell he gives Umbridge in the fifth book.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

This is a must-see, I think. Tom is, indeed, creepy and that shot of Ginny was horror-movie-ish extreme.

No, it's no longer for the children. But they've grown up with Harry and will be quite ready for this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I really don't care for the Potter movies, I prefere the books. I haven't seen the last three movies, and I don't plane to. The movies cut way too much from the books, and they don't Peeves in them. You need Peeves for the hell he gives Umbridge in the fifth book.
Funny enough the last 3 movies have been much, much better than the ones before it. I'd rate them all as good and entertaining films. The directors were given freedom to craft the story rather than rehash the book with bits missing and all the characters are so well cast.

And they hit the nail on the head with Umbridge in the last film. Really did her justice. Again it's ironic you stopped watching the films when they got good, I'd recomend giving them a try when the books aren't so fresh in your head.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Should be good.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Apparently the kid playing Riddle as an 11 year old is Ralph Finnes nephew. No wonder he's got the resemblence.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I wasn't a fan of the last film [loved the book though] so maybe this'll turn out better.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Jetfire wrote: Again it's ironic you stopped watching the films when they got good, I'd recomend giving them a try when the books aren't so fresh in your head.
The problem is I have read the books enought to remember somethings line for line. I can read most of the books in about two to three days if I want to.

Also like I said, the movies don't really interest me. They cut out or rearrange things that thye are not fun to me.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

wolfbolt86 wrote:The problem is I have read the books enought to remember somethings line for line. I can read most of the books in about two to three days if I want to.

Also like I said, the movies don't really interest me. They cut out or rearrange things that thye are not fun to me.
Then it's probably best never to see any film that's ever been based off a book because they have, more or less, done it to ever adaptation ever!