You wonÂ’t believe what I found!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
rattrap23

You won’t believe what I found!

Post by rattrap23 »

Near my house there is a plaza with two or three bargain stores, a drug store and liquidation world. Liquidation world is a chain of stores that buy off all the extra stock from other stores close down.
Anyway I was walking down the isle when what do I see on my left, comics Going for 50 cents each I figure I’ll buy a few. So I start sorting through the comics, that’s when I saw it!
SPOILER! (select to read)
Miracle man #10
, needless to say I bought it.

Has anyone else ever bought rare/expensive comics for little money?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I found all 4 copies of Kingdom Come sealed in baggy at a yard sale once for $8. Epic Win.

And how is that a spoiler?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Spawn # 1, a slew of Avengers/X-Men comics from after Fatal Attractions and 3 of the 6 special X-issues of the Fatal Attractions story arc at a dollar store :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sades

Post by Sades »

That's a cool find- but please don't abuse the spoiler tag. I don't like it when people abuse the spoiler tag. And you probably won't much like me when I'm not liking something.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Stupendous Series #8 for 25p in a charity shop. Was it #8? The one where the Spider takes over New York just to piss off someone else who was going to...
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I got an issue of True Comics from 1946 at a flea market when I was a kid for $0.50. I forget what issue # it was, but it turned out to be the first appearance of some cowboy named sudsucker or some such. I sold it to a local comic shop for $100+ ..I forget the exact amount, but seeing as I was only 14 it seemed like I was rich at the time.

I also found a large lot of Johhny Blaze era Ghost Rider, Son of Satan, and Tomb of Dracula comics when I was a kid for $0.25 a piece from a guy at a flea market. I must have been around 9 or 10 at the time, I still have those comics, I'm not sure what they are worth, but they are quite valuable to me as they are some of my favorite comics. I love horror comics from the 70's :)
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I honestly can't think of any valuable comics I bought for a steal, but I can think of at least one instance where I completely missed out on one.

I was going through a box of old Justice League comics and I came across the one with the first meeting between Earth-1 and Earth-2 Superman. I was like "Hey, cool, they're meeting each other" then I put it back in the box.

A year later, DC does their Infinite Crisis and bring back Earth-2 Superman after 20 years. All of a sudden, Wizard tells the comic collecting community that that issue of Justice League is now worth a whole lot of money because...well, they said so. And they're Wizard. They can do that.

So yeah, when I went back to the shop, they had that same issue I passed up on up high in the "rare comics" rack inside a hardplastic sleeve and going for $100 bucks or there about.

BAH!
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

I know it's probably not rare but I found Marvel's Tranformers #5-13 and the first issue of a the second volume of Moon Knight or something like that and Thundercats #1, at a flea market and bought them all for about $5. Needless to say, I was pretty excited with #5 and its awesome cover.
~
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

My art teacher brought issue 1 of The Crow into college and I think I may be able to persuade him to part with it.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!