Help With Unknown Chinese Startup Item [And Comp Troubles]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrEvil

Help With Unknown Chinese Startup Item [And Comp Troubles]

Post by DrEvil »

Anyone able to tell me what that is? I'm a little paranoid after two days of constantly removing adware, spyware, and trojans etc from this system including a bugger called kdja.exe which created an extra recycle bin and hid in it.

Also any of you got any AntiVirus reccommendations. The one I had forgot to tell me it hadn't been working for 3months.

Thankye! To any and all!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Get Spybot Search & Destroy. Run that and remove everything it shows for results.

Next, go to run -> msconfig and click the startup icon. Go through each of the items and google search what they are, if it mentions anything remotely related to malicious programs uncheck it from the list and delete it. Restart your system afterwards.

I recommend NOD32 for antivirus. It isnt free though, so it may not be worth it for you. Good alternatives are Antivir or Avast.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Done that and done that previously. This is the only one I couldn't google because I can't copy it.

I'll look into those AV's too, thankye.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Id remove it anyway even if you dont know what it is. If you never install anything related to east asian languages it is most likely harmless if you do axe it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Remove it, see if it comes back, if it does see if removing it in Safe Mode makes any difference, etc.