Question

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

Question

Post by secretcode »

I was wondering for this for quite a while, but who the hell was Raksha?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Civ

Post by Civ »

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Blaster

Post by Blaster »

=|
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Gawd...

She sounds just... well... um... She makes Starlord's pointless thread creation seem constructive. So she's pretty much anti-everything?

I remember watching the David Kaye interview where he said a fanette with a snake approached him... I just didn't know that it was her. It makes sense now.

Oh. I normally don't read your posts Blaster, but damn it, she has a Magic Card named after her too?

Blaster

Post by Blaster »

secretcode wrote:
Oh. I normally don't read your posts Blaster, but damn it, she has a Magic Card named after her too?
We both know you read and then hang on every word I say. But no, Raksha means "Protection" in hindi, which I think had more to do with the name than TF Fandom Raksha

only connection between Transformers and M:tG I've ever found is Pat Lee doing their art.

"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Well then, I be learning a lot today. I knew Pat Lee did Magic art, because I have that card in my collection. Not my kind of card but meh.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Just wondering if anyone has any links to her essays? Looked at the wikia Ruined Forever, and was wondering how many people have lost liking Transformers after the movie?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

secretcode wrote:Well then, I be learning a lot today. I knew Pat Lee did Magic art, because I have that card in my collection. Not my kind of card but meh.
It was one of the best cards in Guildpact o.O

It's a shame that such a knob did the art.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Blaster wrote:It was one of the best cards in Guildpact o.O

It's a shame that such a knob did the art.
I didn't like Guildpact so much. Happy 15th Anniversary fellow Magic Player. OH! And this is the 14,000th Thread in this forum. Cool.

EDIT: I'll post my deck list in a bit... Assuming I can find it.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

secretcode wrote:I didn't like Guildpact so much. Happy 15th Anniversary fellow Magic Player. OH! And this is the 14,000th Thread in this forum. Cool.
The entire Ravnica block was the best Block in magic in a long long time. I haven't played in a long time though.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Blaster wrote:The entire Ravnica block was the best Block in magic in a long long time. I haven't played in a long time though.
I've played since 4th Grade and that was about 9-10 years ago. It wasn't my first TCG, but it's the one that I've liked the most. I liked the Ravnica block, but Guildpact didn't seem very interesting to me.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Taking the spiritual figure of Raksha one step further, it is also one of the many surnames that the Hindu Goddess Kali goes by; specifically Raksha-Kali.

In her book Archangels & Ascended Masters, Doreen Virtue writes:

"Kali is a Hindu aspect of Devi, who is the ultimate goddess. Kali is the goddess of the endings of cycles, the death and transformation energy that lets go of the old and brings in the new. Some are threatened by Kali's seemingly destructive power; however, Kali is actually a loving energy that helps free us of fear. She only destroys that which could keep us in bondage, or which could slow or divert our Divine mission in the same way that a loving mother would take away dangerous items from her children."

A little too "vanilla" of a description for me, but it gets the main point across.

Virtue, Doreen. Archangels & Ascended Masters, (Hayhouse Inc., Carlsbad, CA. 2003.) pg. 101.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Zeeks wrote:Taking the spiritual figure of Raksha one step further, it is also one of the many surnames that the Hindu Goddess Kali goes by; specifically Raksha-Kali.

In her book Archangels & Ascended Masters, Doreen Virtue writes:

"Kali is a Hindue aspect of Devi, who is the ultimate goddess. Kali is the goddess of the endings of cycles, the death and transformation energy that lets go of the old and brings in the new. Some are threatened by Kali's seemingly destructive power; however, Kali is actually a loving energy that helps free us of fear. She only destroys that which could keep us in bondage, or which could slow or divert our Divine mission in the same way that a loving mother would take away dangerous items from her children."

A little too "vanilla" of a description for me, but it gets the main point across.

Virtue, Doreen. Archangels & Ascended Masters, (Hayhouse Inc., Carlsbad, CA. 2003.) pg. 101.

Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Myles, you may get away with the smart ass backtalk to others, but you won't do it with me. I'm asking you kindly: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Hmm. Before anyone makes a reference to me in this thread I'd like to point out that my birth name of Kali is also known for something else besides the goddess that Zeek makes reference to. Kali is a Demon, not to be confused with the goddess.
In Hinduism, Kali (IAST: káli; Devnāgari: कलि; from a root kad "suffer, grieve, hurt; confound, confuse") is the reigning lord of Kali Yuga and nemesis of Sri Kalki, the 10th and final avatar of the Hindu god Vishnu. According to the Vishnu Purana, he is a negative manifestation of Vishnu who, along with his extended evil family, perpetually operates as a cause of the destruction of this world.[1] In the Kalki Purana, he is portrayed as a demon and the source of all evil. In the Mahabharata, he was a gandharva who possessed Nala, forcing him to lose his Kingdom in a game of dice to his brother Pushkara. His most famous incarnation is the Kaurava King Duryodhana. Kali is the prototype for the demon Kroni and his incarnation Kaliyan of Ayyavazhi mythology.
And you two guys behave before I have to make you ;)
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Kali, what inspired your parent to name you after a demon? I'm being totally serious. I'd really like to know.

Also, Zeeks, nice citation:D
~
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Ostentatious wrote:Kali, what inspired your parent to name you after a demon? I'm being totally serious. I'd really like to know.
No clue. They claim they didn't know what the name means. My Dad more or less claims my mother just made it up, and my Mom thinks she may have seen it in a baby name book, but cannot really remember. Its not because they are cool parents or anything, just coincidence. Sort of like how my daughter was born on 6-6-06.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Ostentatious wrote: Also, Zeeks, nice citation:D
Thank you for the compliment. :up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Crazy. Baby Name books are always fun to read through. You can get some of the most awesome coincidences. If you put the meanings of my first and middle names together, you get "The venerable dark water" or something about a river of blood, depending on what book you look in. And you can be thankful your parents didn't name you Rainbow like some of my dad's clients named their kid.

Back on topic: How did Raksha base her essay on Autobot Evil/Decepticon Good? Did you use the subjective nature of good and evil, or was she going along the lines of Megatron crushing humanity under his steel feet as a the ultimate form of kindness.
~