It's been snowing nonstop for 4 days

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

It's been snowing nonstop for 4 days

Post by Sades »

We officially have more snow now than we received throughout December.

So, how's your week going?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

could be better dealing with my grandma in the hospital dying and a friend i heard died as well which is defenitly not something to feel good bout
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sades wrote:We officially have more snow now than we received throughout December.
Hey, you live in a proper country and this sort of thing won't happen.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

It's been storming nonstop since Sunday and finally stopped this afternoon. We haven't had that much rain in months.

Other than that, it's nice and warm and things are getting all green 'n purdy. Spring is the only time of the year where Virginia doesn't look like the crusty bottom of an ashtray.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

In the last 4 days Ireland has been sunny and relatively warm for the first time since St. Patrick scared all the light out of Ireland.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Aardvark wrote:In the last 4 days Ireland has been sunny and relatively warm for the first time since St. Patrick scared all the light out of Ireland.
That's a myth. There's no actual evidence of there ever having been light in Ireland in the first place.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

As long as I have good weather for my two weeks in Cornwall at the start of June the rest of the year can drown in floods/burn in fires/be buried in snow.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Just got over that kinda crap last week(maybe the week before,can't really remember).It's been sunny for the last four days now.But thier expecting some agin,or at least that's what thier saying on the grapevine.
Civ

Post by Civ »

It's actually been what most people would describe as pleasantly warm. As for me, I describe it as too ****ing hot. I'm dreading the summer that's coming.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

It never snows here, very rarely rains, and I've never been cold once in this state. Its been between 75-85 the past few weeks here, with a few days reaching over 90. Two weekends ago it was 98 when I was out and about.

I miss the cold weather I used to get back east, here it goes from summer to fall and back to summer..no winter or spring really :\
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Sorry to hear about your loss optimusprme. I have been fortunate enough that my learning experiences throughout life seem to have led me to know that death is an omnipresent sort of phenomenon. However, what's much more important, is intuitively knowing that the observation of death holds an endless reservoir of hidden knowledge. I tend to believe that I know almost everything about death. I think I get overly absorbed with Socretes' ideal death, or considerations such as how skin cells die (biologically), lose the DNA signature, and then eventually their substance becomes part of other (biological) living things. Then, whenever I hear about a friend's nightmare, or see someone close to me in a fight, I rerealize how mistaken I was.

We're getting 5 hours of load shedding everyday here. What gets on my nerves though, is that one can't find a single decent generator anymore, as all the salesmen seem to be hoarding them. I'm stereotyping, but Pakis are the epitome of people who see "free energy devices" as plain "power line stealing" trickery. I know that they wouldn't find any inspiration in the device below (lecture 10, around 44 min):

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-02E ... /index.htm
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

North Texas has been having a noticeably cool spring: only a few days in the low 80s with most of the time in the 70s.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

Axe wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss optimusprme. I have been fortunate enough that my learning experiences throughout life seem to have led me to know that death is an omnipresent sort of phenomenon. However, what's much more important, is intuitively knowing that the observation of death holds an endless reservoir of hidden knowledge. I tend to believe that I know almost everything about death. I think I get overly absorbed with Socretes' ideal death, or considerations such as how skin cells die (biologically), lose the DNA signature, and then eventually their substance becomes part of other (biological) living things. Then, whenever I hear about a friend's nightmare, or see someone close to me in a fight, I rerealize how mistaken I was.

We're getting 5 hours of load shedding everyday here. What gets on my nerves though, is that one can't find a single decent generator anymore, as all the salesmen seem to be hoarding them. I'm stereotyping, but Pakis are the epitome of people who see "free energy devices" as plain "power line stealing" trickery. I know that they wouldn't find any inspiration in the device below (lecture 10, around 44 min):

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-02E ... /index.htm
thanks for the kind words hopefully things will be ok
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Leicester, today, 8:00am to 8:00pm: Sun - chucking down horizonally - sun - light rain, turned heavy again - then sleet - sun - rain- sun - sleet and more rain. Something had to give and we have had a fair evening.

Drip, drip, drip little April showers etc. NOT...

(optimusprme: my condolences.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

thanks clog. well i know our weather is really warm right now to so i hope it cools down here soon before the summer hits or its goin to be really hot here
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

New Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears

Posted By Marc Morano – Marc_Morano@EPW.Senate.Gov – 4:44 PM ET
Washington DC – An abundance of new peer-reviewed studies, analyses, and data error discoveries in the last several months has prompted scientists to declare that fear of catastrophic man-made global warming “bites the dust” and the scientific underpinnings for alarm may be “falling apart.” The latest study to cast doubt on climate fears finds that even a doubling of atmospheric carbon dioxide would not have the previously predicted dire impacts on global temperatures. This new study is not unique, as a host of recent peer-reviewed studies have cast a chill on global warming fears.

“Anthropogenic (man-made) global warming bites the dust,” declared astronomer Dr. Ian Wilson after reviewing the new study which has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Geophysical Research. Another scientist said the peer-reviewed study overturned “in one fell swoop” the climate fears promoted by the UN and former Vice President Al Gore. The study entitled “Heat Capacity, Time Constant, and Sensitivity of Earth’s Climate System,” was authored by Brookhaven National Lab scientist Stephen Schwartz. (LINK to PDF at original site)

“Effectively, this (new study) means that the global economy will spend trillions of dollars trying to avoid a warming of ~ 1.0 K by 2100 A.D.” Dr. Wilson wrote in a note to the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee on August 19, 2007. Wilson, a former operations astronomer at the Hubble Space Telescope Institute in Baltimore MD, was referring to the trillions of dollars that would be spent under such international global warming treaties like the Kyoto Protocol.

“Previously, I have indicated that the widely accepted values for temperature increase associated with a doubling of CO2 were far too high i.e. 2 – 4.5 Kelvin. This new peer-reviewed paper claims a value of 1.1 +/- 0.5 K increase for a doubling of CO2,” he added.
Also, I'm still running my global cooling watch at (this) site (ended here on day 95). I've really thought about if it is right to direct people off site to a nominally political forum just for this cause; however, people from all different ideological backgrounds post there and so despite the any possible expectations based on the name on the banner: it's a place most anyone can feel welcome.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Did anyone else in Britland have that humongous thunderstorm we did on Sunday evening? It was spectacular, although there was more sheet than fork lightning, and it just seemed to drop out of nowhere - bright sunshine, some grey clouds and then whoosh! boom! black as the inside of the coalhole with a waterfall running through it.

Ah, a typical April in England.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

It did that this afternoon in Glasgow apparently, here in Funfermalino it went slightly grey for a few minutes before the sun came back out again!

Andy
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

it was around 70 and wonderful here in Sparta Michigan- and then the ****ing universe went nuts and it rained like hell- snowed and is now a balmy 55 right now-

and for some reason- i started smoking again...

mmmm- cheyenne ciggarettes...*exhales
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

*BARRAGE* wrote: mmmm- cheyenne ciggarettes...*exhales
Does it keep your air nice and thick?

Down here in the liberal wrinkle of the Bible belt, it's been a pleasant 70-80 degrees until today, when the rain from the day before cooled everything down to a unusual 55 with a strong breeze. Nice and sunny, but uncommonly cool for this time of year.
~