The PSP or the NDS?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
jepc71
Protoform

Sir Auros Awesome post

Post by jepc71 »

*clapping while sitting on my couch watching x-files on tv
Dead Pool
Protoform

Post by Dead Pool »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
your sarcasm is not appreciated

Wahhh.... the type of video game I play determines how much of a hard-ass I am!

BTW, what's the intended price range on these doohickeys?
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

iam totally getting the psp for 2 reasons:
FF7 advent children
metal gear solid acid
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
I'll be frank, I hate Gamecube. It has a few games I like such as F-Zero, Super Smash Bros. & Metroid Prime. But most of the games are all mario, poke'mon & kiddy bull crap!

Oh please spare me that bull crap. If thats the extent of your reasoning you might as wel quit now while your marginally ahead.
Explain to me why exactly games all of a sudden need to be drenched in violence and blood to be worthy of playing.
Where has the fun gone in playing games ?
I play the likes of Harvest moon Mario or Mario kart there is no blood there and very little violence but it sure as hell is fun.

But lets look at the violent games the cube supposedly doesnt have shall we ?

First up is turok.
Now i stopped playing turok games in early 2000 on the N64 but even then they were grapically very violent and quite gory.

Then we have Bmxxx .
Silly name with a rather odd premise but hey it has nudity and swearing and thats seemingly what you and your generation of gamers are looking for so thats alright then eh ?
Under neath that vile veneer there is actually a good game lurking.

Metal gear solid twin snakes
No blood here but enough violence its a remake of a classic ps1 game you need to be menatly defect to call this game a kiddy game .

Bloodrayne
A gore hounds wet dream you play a female dhampyre. Are able to suck the blood from any body and blood and limbs fly around and its availble on the cube .
How about that ? The kiddy console.

Star wars rouge squadron 2 and 3
Pure eye candy lots and lots of simulated violence. No blood but not exactly aimed at childeren either .

Soul calibur 2
More or less the same not exactly aimed at childeren.

Oh and look the grandfather of the gore games is on the Cube too .
Resident evil completley revamped and Resi evil 2 3 zero and Veronica are along for the party as wel.l Watch out for that zombie shuffeling towards you now.

There is also a Blood omen 2 for the Cube and if you look hard enough you can find more violent games. Spiderman 2 for instance .
So what exactly is so kiddy about the cube ?
Its shape ? Or dont you like the color purple ?
Oh no wait i know the game discs are small in physical size that makes them kiddy.
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Hating Nintendo is the cool thing to do. Because "All their games are kiddy bull crap! I play GTA 3! I'm a bad ass! I own a PS2! It has more games with blood and f-words! I'm a bad ass! I am cool! Nintendo is for babies because they have Super Mario and he doesn't stab anyone!".

If that's the next generation of gamers then I'm deeply upset.

Unfortunaly Spengs thats is exactly what we are heading too.
I play Gta once in a while but i wil just as easily play Spiderman 2
Harvest moon Animal crossing or any other game I can think off. I dont need a lot of gore or violence to have a good videogaming experience .
To me personally the fun has gone out of video gaming. And most games hinge on the gore and graphics gimmick. And forget what a good game is all about game play.
Who cares if a game looks stunning if it plays like **** ?
I dislike Nintendo because i have been burned by nintendo a few times in the past .
( Their staunch refusal to release rpg's in Europe for one In the Snes era the following rpg's were release: Secret of mana Terranigma Illusion of time\gaia Lufia 2 ...and thats about it. No Zelda is not an rpg.Iits an action adventure. All the other rpgs were import only. Ff7 on the Psx was the first pal Ff since Ff 1 on the nes in 87. In the n64 era we were quite devoid of rpgs and its not till tales of symphonia wil get released here in dec that Phantasy star online 1 2 3 and Skies of arcadia wil get any kind fo rpg company. Now i happen to like rpgs )

They still make damn good games though and i still have a Gamecube.
Along with the other two ( three if you count the Dreamcast ) consoles .
Ps2 is my favorite because iT has more choice in games and has the most rpgs .

( Nintendo also has an assinine attitude towards onlien gaming.
I dont give a damn about online gaming but others do . And the animal crossing debacle is also infuriating .)
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by bluekatt
Oh please spare me that bull crap. If thats the extent of your reasoning you might as wel quit now while your marginally ahead.
Explain to me why exactly games all of a sudden need to be drenched in violence and blood to be worthy of playing.
Where has the fun gone in playing games ?
I play the likes of Harvest moon Mario or Mario kart there is no blood there and very little violence but it sure as hell is fun.

But lets look at the violent games the cube supposedly doesnt have shall we ?

First up is turok.
Now i stopped playing turok games in early 2000 on the N64 but even then they were grapically very violent and quite gory.

Then we have Bmxxx .
Silly name with a rather odd premise but hey it has nudity and swearing and thats seemingly what you and your generation of gamers are looking for so thats alright then eh ?
Under neath that vile veneer there is actually a good game lurking.

Metal gear solid twin snakes
No blood here but enough violence its a remake of a classic ps1 game you need to be menatly defect to call this game a kiddy game .

Bloodrayne
A gore hounds wet dream you play a female dhampyre. Are able to suck the blood from any body and blood and limbs fly around and its availble on the cube .
How about that ? The kiddy console.

Star wars rouge squadron 2 and 3
Pure eye candy lots and lots of simulated violence. No blood but not exactly aimed at childeren either .

Soul calibur 2
More or less the same not exactly aimed at childeren.

Oh and look the grandfather of the gore games is on the Cube too .
Resident evil completley revamped and Resi evil 2 3 zero and Veronica are along for the party as wel.l Watch out for that zombie shuffeling towards you now.

There is also a Blood omen 2 for the Cube and if you look hard enough you can find more violent games. Spiderman 2 for instance .
So what exactly is so kiddy about the cube ?
Its shape ? Or dont you like the color purple ?
Oh no wait i know the game discs are small in physical size that makes them kiddy.

Unfortunaly Spengs thats is exactly what we are heading too.
I play Gta once in a while but i wil just as easily play Spiderman 2
Harvest moon Animal crossing or any other game I can think off. I dont need a lot of gore or violence to have a good videogaming experience .
To me personally the fun has gone out of video gaming. And most games hinge on the gore and graphics gimmick. And forget what a good game is all about game play.
Who cares if a game looks stunning if it plays like **** ?
I dislike Nintendo because i have been burned by nintendo a few times in the past .
( Their staunch refusal to release rpg's in Europe for one In the Snes era the following rpg's were release: Secret of mana Terranigma Illusion of time\gaia Lufia 2 ...and thats about it. No Zelda is not an rpg.Iits an action adventure. All the other rpgs were import only. Ff7 on the Psx was the first pal Ff since Ff 1 on the nes in 87. In the n64 era we were quite devoid of rpgs and its not till tales of symphonia wil get released here in dec that Phantasy star online 1 2 3 and Skies of arcadia wil get any kind fo rpg company. Now i happen to like rpgs )

They still make damn good games though and i still have a Gamecube.
Along with the other two ( three if you count the Dreamcast ) consoles .
Ps2 is my favorite because iT has more choice in games and has the most rpgs .

( Nintendo also has an assinine attitude towards onlien gaming.
I dont give a damn about online gaming but others do . And the animal crossing debacle is also infuriating .)

i completely agree, when i bought super smash brothers i played it for hours upon hour on end. then when i bought manhunt for the xbox i played it for all of an hour, found it it was complete ****e and turned it off. manhunt is a boring game, with the only reason why its cool is because you can kill people gruesomly, a novelty which wears off incredibly quickly because it suffers from rubbish controls and boring gameplay.

i know so many people who loved the supposed adult games when they were aged between 12-15, but prefer the funner games that nintendo (for instance) make because its something you can sit back and really enjoy when drunk or stoned now that theyre in their 20s.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Originally posted by Dead Pool
BTW, what's the intended price range on these doohickeys?

On Jan. 26th, About.com guessed the DS price will be about $187(US), and according to i4u.com the PSP will debute with a $400-$500(US). Remind ya of the oringinal Gameboy, Gamegear price ranges?
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by jepc71
On Jan. 26th, About.com guessed the DS price will be about $187(US), and according to i4u.com the PSP will debute with a $400-$500(US). Remind ya of the oringinal Gameboy, Gamegear price ranges?

.....Yes
Come to think of it i am not that a fan of handheld gaming.
Ill wait til the ps s drops in price
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Dead Pool
Protoform

Post by Dead Pool »

Originally posted by jepc71

$400-500?

Great Odin's Raven... why would anyone to slap down that kind of flow on a handheld system? More incentive to get the Nintendo handheld... which at least seems to be in a fairly reasonable price range.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Old fogies, it's all about the PSDS!
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Man, you guys complain alot. Can't we all get along?
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard