Godzilla (Japan) Vs Godzilla (USA): it's actually happening!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Godzilla (Japan) Vs Godzilla (USA): it's actually happening!

Post by DrSpengler »

http://www.monsterzero.us/editorials/ed ... tentID=524

I started a thread along time ago about the upcoming Godzilla Final Wars movie, but this seemed like big enough news that needed attention.

GINO, the star of Godzilla 98 will be battleing Godzilla in the newest Godzilla film (set to be the last Godzilla film for the next ten years).

GINO is already an official kaiju in the Toho universe, even being mentioned in Godzilla, Mother, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. So it was only a matter of time before he fought the real thing.

I can't wait. This movie is going to OWN!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /editorials/editorials.php on this server.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

The link works for me. But here ya go:

"A translation of the news article from yesterday announcing that the U.S. Godzilla will fight the real Godzilla in Godzilla Final Wars.

￾@
For the 50th anniversary of the Godzilla series, in the movie finale FINAL WARS, the American Godzilla will be making an appearance. The X-seijin who plan on conquering the earth, create and release a murderous kaiju called Zilla in Sydney, Australia. An all-out battle unfolds between Zilla and Godzilla. In this dream battle between the Japanese and American Godzilla, Kitamura said with confidence, "I wanted to do something that nobody would expect."

The American Godzilla has a gigantic head, a long tail that makes you think of a lizard and thin limbs. After 6 years since its debut, it￾fs been revived. Now he challenges the Japanese Godzilla for the title of "Godzilla".

Even in Japan, Godzilla (98￾f American version) was a hit, taking in around 30 million dollars. However, there was a controversy about the design regarding the pros and cons of it. Director Kitamura is one of the critics too, and says he can watch and enjoy the American Godzilla if he keeps in mind that this is not the real Godzilla. In order to have the Japanese Godzilla protect his own namesake, the American Godzilla was selected to do battle with him.

￾@
The production staff makes sure the rights to use Godzilla are exclusive to Toho. In America there are imitation products on the market that have the name"Zilla."Producer Tomiyama has the ability to get rid of these products if he chooses to. Tomiyama thinks that the American Godzilla is a representation of these imitation products therefore he named the American Godzilla in FINAL WARS simply "Zilla". The significance of this perfectly suits this kaiju who has had the word "God" taken out from the name "Godzilla".

When Zilla appears in Sydney, humanity￾fs last hope is a revived Godzilla who is beneath the ice in Antarctica to do battle with it. The details of the battle are under wraps, but the Sydney street will be decimated. Kitamura, who studied film direction in Australia, said it would be an honor to have Godzilla destroy his second home.

"I want to compete with America. I want to overwhelm the American Godzilla (which is a symbol of CG) with the Japanese technique of suitmation,"says Kitamura. In the movie, Godzilla is made from a suit, and Zilla is made from CG. "I￾fm putting in the movie what people all over the world want...Zilla. I want to reach the height of the series and return Godzilla back to being strong and cool again. There are times also when Godzilla behaves affectionately and humorously which I think will make Roland Emmerich laugh if he sees this movie," Kitamura says with confidence. FINAL WARS opens December 4th."
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

You dah man Spengs!

You can bet I will be one of the first in line!
Devil Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Devil Gigatron »

GINO is as good as dead. :laugh:

I recently bought the DVDs of "Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" and "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla". Well, if Final Wars can maintain the awesomeness of these two movies, then it's gonna own! :cool:
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I was already excited about seeing this movie before hearing this, but now I seriously can't wait. This is going to be the pinnacle of cinematic entertainment. I actually hope this will be the last Godzilla movie ever; they'll never be able to top this.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Devil Gigatron
GINO is as good as dead. :laugh:

I recently bought the DVDs of "Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" and "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla". Well, if Final Wars can maintain the awesomeness of these two movies, then it's gonna own! :cool:

Personally, I found Godzilla X Mechagodzilla to be the weakest of the Shinsei series, but GMK is probably the best Godzilla movie made since Destroy All Monsters. It was incredible.
Devil Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Devil Gigatron »

Hm, haven't seen the other Shinsei movies yet, but I plan to get those DVDs asap. :)

Yes, GMK was entertainment at its very best. It was
a) the first G movie that I was able to enjoy in Japanese
b) the first Shinsei movie that I had the pleasure of watching
My expectations were high, but GMK surpassed them with ease.
:D
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

http://www.nearlynews.com/gfwt/gfw003.mpg

Here is a recent TV Spot for Final Wars. It's short, but shows every kaiju INCLUDING GINO!

Godzilla smacks his ass across the city with his tail.

Sweet.:D
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

it was cool spengs
if to fast moving
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by homerbot
it was cool spengs
if to fast moving

It has a pause button.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
It has a pause button.
no i mean it just moves to damn fast to take in any of it
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

the new design for gigan looks sweet!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
http://www.nearlynews.com/gfwt/gfw003.mpg

Video seems to be down now. :(
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

SWEET. Godzilla movies are, like , the best. I'm looking as forward to this as the TF movie.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

here is the official site, go to the characters section, the new design for the monsters look really good
unicrons servant
Protoform

Post by unicrons servant »

dude this is gonna rock the crappy american godzilla will go down in no time lol
THANX DR EVIL