Random DVD purchases

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ultimate Weapon

Random DVD purchases

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Just picked this up today at Best buy for $10. It already has me rolling around with laughter. Great 80's horror flick.

Here are a few reviews (SPOILERS):

"Reviewer: Dr. Coathanger (Tromaville) - See all my reviews

Chopping mall is more than just a film about robots. It's a film about KILLER robots in a shopping mall AND they're killing teenagers. Now if that doesn't tickle your fancy i dont know what will. "

"Reviewer: cool dude "cool dude" (California) - See all my reviews

This movie is cool, i use to watch this with my friends in grade school. The best part is when the robot shoots out a laser beam and this guys head blows up like a galleger water melon, then the robot says thank you, have a nice day!"
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Fine choice.

To my delighted surprise, both The Guyver and Guyver 2: Dark Hero were released on DVD today.

I work at Suncoast Video but for some reason those titles weren't entered into our database. So it was a total surprise.

It's been about a decade since I last saw either of these movies. My god, they're great. A movie adapting an anime series and co-starring Jimmie Walker as a rapping Zoanoid mutant has to be good. It even has Mark Hamill getting turned into a cockroach!

And if you manage to sit through the whole movie, your prize is Jimmie Walker's classic catchphrase "Dyno-MITE!" right before the credits.

Haven't watched Guyver 2 yet. But I will.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Yeah, I saw The Guyver about 8 years ago. It was good. So, I have 2 more DVDs to add to my next R1 order.

But, speaking of R1 orders... Made order on Monday for 3 people and myself. CAD$220 including Clerks 10th Anniversary (2 of those), Clerks: Animated, Dogma: SE, 2 volumes of Invader Zim, 2 Megaman movies, and The Phantom. If the site didn't have free shipping, I'd be completely broke right now, rather than just "fund depleted".

So, next order involves a minimum of Yellow Submarine (yes, Beatles. Just coz R4's discontined), the 2 live-action Guyvers, Zim vol 3, and Space Ghost C2C Vol 2. Ouch.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
KnownEnemy
Protoform

Post by KnownEnemy »

i bought both bill & teds exellent adventure and bill & teds bogus journey for $20.

Isnt guyver about some alien armour that some ex army guy wears
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Haven't watched Guyver 2 yet. But I will.

Wasn't really all that impressed myself, but it wasn't as bad as three.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Heh, who here remembers that movie about those nerds who found alien gear and becoem superheroes. That movie sucked.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

The Last older movie like that i have wacth was Idle Hands... I liked it it was a intersting movie..

Idle Hands are the Devils Playground!!
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Gesani
The Last older movie like that i have wacth was Idle Hands... I liked it it was a intersting movie..

Idle Hands are the Devils Playground!!
i liked that movie alot, saw it on scifi i think

also, its time for a kinda on topic aqua teen quote: "Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and you know how god hates that" -old drippy
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by fort_max
Wasn't really all that impressed myself, but it wasn't as bad as three.

Um...there was no Guyver 3.:wtf:

Just the two live action movies, the anime series and an OVA movie.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I did recently pick up the second season of CSI. It kicks major ass. What I want to get next is Angel-1st season and Kill Bill vol. 2, maybe Pirates of the Carribean and Hidalgo too. Not seen the latter though it looks somewhat interesting.

Other things I want to look for are Raise the Red Lantern (a chinese film I've been trying to find for ages) and Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter, an independent film made in.... Toronto, I think. Not sure.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Oh, I remember Guyver.

Cheese at it's best.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Kup1
Oh, I remember Guyver.

Cheese at it's best.

It was made by all the same people who did one of my favorite horror films ever, Re-Animator.

Same Producer (Brian Yuzna), same special FX man (Screaming Mad George) and even starred David Gale (Dr. Hill) as the lead villain and a cameo from Jeffrey Combs (Herbert West) as a scientist for the Cronos Corporation. So I couldn't help but love it.
Ultimate Weapon

I also picked up Shogun Assassin last week. It is truly one of the best films ever made.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Aww, I thought that said Shotgun Assassin.

And Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter sounds like a kickass movie.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by KillTheKids
Aww, I thought that said Shotgun Assassin.

And Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter sounds like a kickass movie.
and the fact that it isn't shotgun assassin saddens you? thats just sad
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Ultimate Weapon

My father cut off the heads of 131 lords.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Um...there was no Guyver 3.:wtf:

Just the two live action movies, the anime series and an OVA movie.

There was a Sci-Fi channel original movie of Guyver. May have been the second, but I don't think it was. It really sucked.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by fort_max
There was a Sci-Fi channel original movie of Guyver. May have been the second, but I don't think it was. It really sucked.

It was probably the second. And it wasn't a Sci-Fi original movie, they just used to show the Guyver films a whole lot.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It was probably the second. And it wasn't a Sci-Fi original movie, they just used to show the Guyver films a whole lot.

Well, then. Ignore me. I'm on crack.

EDIT: Okay. Looked it up on IMDB. It was Dark Hero. Yeah, that sucked. Don't know what I was thinking before. I guess I just made up a random Guyver movie. Sorry.
Gesani
Protoform

almost..

Post by Gesani »

i almost pursched a movie from the walmart $5.00 bin today that would have been perfect for this thread..

it was called The Frog... according to the summery on the pack its pretty much a rip-off of hitchcock's The Birds...