OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Post by Skyquake87 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I'm a bit puzzled by the Studio Series '86 stuff. I think it's a great idea...but some of these characters are getting concurrent releases in Siege...so I don't quite understand what Hasbro is going for. Or is it that some characters will only show up in Siege or SS '86 and vice versa? Quite like the look of Scourge and will be interested to see how Galvatron and Cyclonus turn out. Er, if they're going to be in the Studio Series line...

I love the look of Runabout. Too bad he's an unobtainable exclusive, like Thrust. The Micromaster set is neat and I like the M.A.S.K. homages.

I think Grimlock looks a bit too podgy, something that was also a problem for the POTP version, whose proportions are also a bit off.

Some good stuff, but not really enough to get me excited at the moment. I think its just seeing more versions of characters we've had releases of previously - although Titans Return was 5 years ago (blimey), it still feels a bit soon to be revisiting some of these characters. Hot Rod in particular has had 2 recent releases in Generations, plus an MP figure and releases in Cyberverse... it all feels a bit money for old rope.

Clay

Re: OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Post by Clay » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am

Skyquake87 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm
I'm a bit puzzled by the Studio Series '86 stuff. I think it's a great idea...but some of these characters are getting concurrent releases in Siege...so I don't quite understand what Hasbro is going for. Or is it that some characters will only show up in Siege or SS '86 and vice versa? Quite like the look of Scourge and will be interested to see how Galvatron and Cyclonus turn out. Er, if they're going to be in the Studio Series line...
Cyclonus is in Earthrise, but Scourge is Studio Series I think.

I don't see the need for the the G1 figures in the studio line. They're already in everything else! If they want to make like Studio Series was meant to be inclusive of all big screen features, I expect some Beast War II figures too, dangit.