OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Warcry wrote:Don't forget that if it's $80 in the US, it's in all likelihood going to be £80 in the UK....
Heh. This is true. I wish this didn't happen. I'd love to hear retailers justification for this $1 = £1 mentality...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Skyquake87 wrote:Heh. This is true. I wish this didn't happen. I'd love to hear retailers justification for this $1 = £1 mentality...

They saw you coming:

REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:Are they really still trying to peddle of Seacon sets? I might look into some extra sets if they're cheap enough... They are back up to full price.
Would need to check I can round up the pieces, but I've got a set I'd cheerfully swap for something.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

inflatable dalek wrote:They saw you coming:
Round my way, you can't move for these fecking vintage shops and the cretins that populate them.

Quite possibly my favourite Harry Enfield sketch :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

More evidence of Generations Devastator continues to trickle out. Apparently he's showing up in Canadian retail systems now.

Of course, in all likelihood, we'll get a full reveal at the upcoming New York Toy Fair at the end of the month, but still... little bits here and there are intriguing.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ohhhh, I wasn't bothered about Metroplex, but I'd go for a decent Devastator. The only reason I never pumped for the reissue was because the odds weren't great of getting a Mixmaster with a head.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

And what's all this about a Trypticon reissue anyway?
Denyer wrote:https://www.facebook.com/transformers/p ... =1&fref=nf

The comments thread is full of 3P photos and geewunners. I swear this fandom needs ****ing culling.
Knightdramon wrote:*snip*
TF has the most entitled fandom. It's also, y'know, facebook. It's not exactly a collective of the great thinkers of our time.
inflatable dalek wrote:Ohhhh, I wasn't bothered about Metroplex, but I'd go for a decent Devastator. The only reason I never pumped for the reissue was because the odds weren't great of getting a Mixmaster with a head.
How common even was the headless Mixmaster issue?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

My Encore had a head.
Wreck and Rule!
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Tetsuro wrote:How common even was the headless Mixmaster issue?
Quite a few had the issue, I think - I recall some vendors (TF Source maybe) offering an option where they would open up the boxes and check the contents before shipping.

However, the problem was confined to the original release. The second, toon-accurate version (purple drum on Mixmaster, different combined head, black forearms) was unaffected.

So if you do still want an Encore Devvy, you'll be safe with the animation version.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tetsuro wrote:And what's all this about a Trypticon reissue anyway?
Also Blaster and Perceptor, if you believe the rumours. That would make for a pretty heavy year of reissues, considering the way Hasbro usually trickles out one or two at a time.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Warcry wrote:Also Blaster and Perceptor, if you believe the rumours. That would make for a pretty heavy year of reissues, considering the way Hasbro usually trickles out one or two at a time.
If I remember the various posts properly, I'm pretty sure most of that info (specifically on the re-issues) is coming out of Hong Kong. Makes me think some of this info pertains to Hasbro Asia exclusives as opposed to normal releases. Just a guess though
zigzagger

MP-23 Deco Update

Post by zigzagger »

In other Masterpiece-related news, Takara's tweaking Exhaust's deco so as not to conflict with Marlboro's trademark.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... te-181864/
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

If that's all it takes to satisfy the lawyers, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's not much of a change at all, really. Or at least, no more of a change than the original Exhaust deco was from the Diaclone toy.

Hopefully it means US buyers will be able to order the thing now.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Ironically, Marlboro probably gave Takara better marketing than what they could've dreamed of :p
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Do not mind the difference. His release date has been bumped to March with Star Saber.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

More (same?) info coming from an event in Hong Kong

Echoes some rumors that we've heard before (Titan Devastator, reissue Coneheads and Trypticon), but also gives us some potential bits about the next Masterpiece figures from Takara: Ironhide and/or Tracks?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Looks like a badly translated Tracks with Raul figure and Blaster tape mode accessory.

And Ironhide later in the year, although less verified.

Titan Devastator [rough test shot] on site, tons of platinum/encore reissues.

If those are platinum reissues, say hello to a 200 USD Trypticon. If 3 scout class Insecticons go for close to 100 USD, I'd dread the much larger Trypticon.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, based on the Insecticons' price, Trypticon would be wacky-stupid expensive. That's bad. On the bright side, Hasbro are at least moving away from the same small pool of 1984/1985 molds that they keep re-reissuing. The other rumor is about a reissue of Blaster and Perceptor which were just reissued... five years ago? Seems a bit bizarre to retread them so soon.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That's a shame, as I'd be up for a Trypticon.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Honestly, with the way Trypticon's prices have gone up over the years I think a lot of people would be up for it even at $200.

Oh, and just to underscore how silly the $80 Insecticons are...didn't Hasbro reissue Predaking for around $120 just last year? Considering how each individual Predacon uses nearly as much plastic as all three Insecticons combined, it's a surprise they didn't try to sell them for double that.
Unicron wrote:If I remember the various posts properly, I'm pretty sure most of that info (specifically on the re-issues) is coming out of Hong Kong. Makes me think some of this info pertains to Hasbro Asia exclusives as opposed to normal releases. Just a guess though
That would make sense too, since Hasbro has done exclusives for the Asian market before. A lot of that stuff eventually came out in the west too, but not all of it.