OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Completely missed that there were photos below the list...

Micromasters, yes please. Surprised there weren't a bunch with Armada when the size point was being used or another series since.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So according to this Magnus is a Leader. I'm guessing the reason why he didn't quite look that big to me is because he's also billed as being a white Prime wearing armour. It makes sense he'd wind up being a bit squatter using that configuration.

Curious to see more pictures later. It's odd that so far they've only showed off Autobots.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote:So Curious to see more pictures later. It's odd that so far they've only showed off Autobots.
Agreed. Strange.

It seems the Micromasters come as sets of two (so far) and combine into weapons? I don't know how well that will work - they simply look like stacked robots to me. Oh well, if they make the whole Race Car Patrol, I will pretend the combination gimmick doesn't exist. Doesn't look like it hampers them anyways.

A few clearer pictures too of the diorama...

And on closer inspection, having the screw holes dead in the chest on the micromasters is a nice touch, just like they used to be.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Official stock images: http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/19/sdcc ... ges-368552

From that angle Magnus's inner robot looks nicer than the actual Optimus toy.

Cog looks like a lot of fun.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay wrote:Most noteworthy thing so far is a "Vol. 2" set with the new VW Bee and the other two japanese dino cassettes.
Nevermind, apparently it's the same two molds in different colors.

Ultra Magnus's cab robot and Prime look cross-compatible, maybe?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prime doesn't have the clips on the sides of his legs like Magnus does, and I'm guessing those are probably necessary to make the super robot stable. But it looks like they've got similar proportions so you'd probably be able to make it work.

After reflecting a bit more, the Micromasters look awesome but I'm definitely going to miss the Legends class. Going back to Thrilling 30 when they first appeared under the Generations banner, Legends were definitely the most consistently good size class. I hope they come back again in a few years once the Micros are played out.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Watched Baltmatrix on boobtube and I like the look of a couple of the Studio Series figures (VW 'bee looks pretty good) the orange Lockdown repaint and Stinger retool or whatever it is. Hound from the Cybertron Siege line looks cool too. I want to like the Mircomasters, but the originals are still such awesome toys (er, aside from the rusting screws) that I think I'll have to see some of the new ones in hand to see what I properly think of them.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm liking Ultra Magnus, Hound and Sideswipe. I like Cog and I expect him to be repainted into Sixgun, not certain about Ironhide and Sideswipe and the Micro-masters could be fun.
Destruction is my specialty
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/28/mons ... pan-369133

Well, thats my Grotusque problem sorted, then.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If the SDCC Primal will be getting a regular Japanese release, as it looks, cool.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

MP Hound and Anime Wheeljack incoming (probably Christmas next year going by Takara's release schedule)
https://twitter.com/Chohenken/status/10 ... 5964685312
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

JFC the size of MPBW Megs in comparison to the MPG1 stuff...
Attachments
mp.jpg
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Well, that explains some of the price then.

Wasn't expecting Hound right now but I like the looks of him so far.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:MP Hound and Anime Wheeljack incoming (probably Christmas next year going by Takara's release schedule)
https://twitter.com/Chohenken/status/10 ... 5964685312
Anime Wheeljack is the only one of these "MP+" redecos that I actually like. It's just too bad they didn't tool up a shoulder launcher that actually looks like it came from the cartoon, if they're going to go all-in on show accuracy.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:JFC the size of MPBW Megs in comparison to the MPG1 stuff...
That does go a long way towards explaining the price. That thing is, what, the size of a CW combiner? Bigger? Stuff like this really just underscores how crazy it is to try and stick unrelentingly to show scale. Can you imagine if they ever tried to do the designs from the later seasons? If season one Megatron is this big, Optimal Optimus would be, what, approaching Titan size? Bigger than Armada Unicron for sure.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote: That thing is, what, the size of a CW combiner? Bigger? Stuff like this really just underscores how crazy it is to try and stick unrelentingly to show scale. Can you imagine if they ever tried to do the designs from the later seasons? If season one Megatron is this big, Optimal Optimus would be, what, approaching Titan size? Bigger than Armada Unicron for sure.
My suspicion is that MPBW will be the core Maximal crew along with Megatron and Waspinator. Maybe Tarantulas and Blackarachnia, since quite a bit can be reused from one to the other.

As it is, it's really just the first season stuff that's noticeably different from the toys, right? I don't recall Optimal Optimus having a great disparity between the animation model or the toy. I mean, they can make super-fancy versions of anything, but the new driving force behind the MP figures is replicating the robot animation model, so making a triple digit figure of something that, at a glance, isn't much different from the previous figure seems like a poor choice. But, if they think people will buy it...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Masterpiece Optimal Optimus!

It's the same as the original except it...

... costs a grand now?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That must be huge, if BW Megs is anything to go by. I'll be sticking with the original. OPtimal Optimus isn't a particularly great figure anyway.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:True enough, and I do have TM Repugnus sitting around.

That's actually pretty reasonable. When I checked closer to release date he was getting scalped pretty hard, and the US TRU wouldn't ship him to Canada. Unfortunately for me, the trick will now be finding one where the shipping to Canada isn't going to cost more than the figure itself.
Repugnus and Grostusqe are getting released as a two-pack in Japan, so if you haven't already picked up the former, maybe the boxed set will be cheaper?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's the plan! Since Amazon Canada doesn't seem to be stocking the Deluxe exclusives, and any Grotusque I buy on eBay will cost almost as much to ship as the figure does, I'd be looking at well over $100 Canadian to track down both of them. The retail price of the Japanese set is apparently 7000 yen, so it looks like that's probably the cheaper option.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Warcry wrote:That's the plan! Since Amazon Canada doesn't seem to be stocking the Deluxe exclusives, and any Grotusque I buy on eBay will cost almost as much to ship as the figure does, I'd be looking at well over $100 Canadian to track down both of them. The retail price of the Japanese set is apparently 7000 yen, so it looks like that's probably the cheaper option.
See if you can nab ‘em on Amazon Japan when they go up, because they’ve been running 30% off or so on Transformers preorders. Even with customs it should be a solid deal.