OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*cries*
That is quite funny.

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*cries*
Odds of snagging a Hellfire are improving...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Probably worth pointing out that the Inferno image has originated from Takara's online listing for the new version of MP Alert. Whether it means what we're all assuming it means remains to be seen, but I feel it's slightly negligent of me to have not given the context for the picture.

Still going with the MMC version in the interim, though.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Looks like Takara are redoing Combiner Wars Bruticus as Baldigus from Car Robots.

Well, I say Combiner Wars rather than UW because they seem to have gone with the Slingshot mould for Shuttler. Rather than, y'know, the brand new mould they made specifically for Blast-Off.

Mad.
Attachments
ruination.jpg
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Well, I say Combiner Wars rather than UW because they seem to have gone with the Slingshot mould for Shuttler. Rather than, y'know, the brand new mould they made specifically for Blast-Off.
More like Shittler amirite!?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Tetsuro wrote:amirite!?
Almost never, tbh.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Looks like Takara are redoing Combiner Wars Bruticus as Baldigus from Car Robots.

Well, I say Combiner Wars rather than UW because they seem to have gone with the Slingshot mould for Shuttler. Rather than, y'know, the brand new mould they made specifically for Blast-Off.

Mad.
Nice! And unexpected! Very tempted - so many Bruticus offerings out there now. I am a bit stuck though in that I want the space shuttle team member in any version to be, you know, a space shuttle and not a jet. So there's still only the regular Unite Warriors one which delivers... Annoying, as I'd swing towards Baldigus / Ruination or the G2 deco if either included the space shuttle Blast-Off mould.
Tetsuro wrote:More like Shittler amirite!?
I dunno - nice for variety. I guess? (Ignoring everything I said above...!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

It'll be interesting to see if we get Battle Gaia or the Hasbro Ruination colours at any point.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if we get Battle Gaia or the Hasbro Ruination colours at any point.
There are so many versions of Ruination to choose from...

They could also re-release Defensor as Guard City with minimal changes to the original Protectobot colour-scheme.

Do you think we'll see G2 Defensor? That would be an enjoyable eyesore!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

numbat wrote:Do you think we'll see G2 Defensor? That would be an enjoyable eyesore!
I'm sure once Hasbro have released their Groove, it'll be in the works.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Looks like Takara are redoing Combiner Wars Bruticus as Baldigus from Car Robots.

Mad.
If they'd gone with the Blast Off mold, I'd probably drop my UW Bruticus preorder for this.

Out of curiosity, where'd that image come from? I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Unicron wrote:If they'd gone with the Blast Off mold, I'd probably drop my UW Bruticus preorder for this.

Out of curiosity, where'd that image come from? I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.
DaimChoc's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 0614769373

No clue where he got the image from. Maybe we're being punked.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Ah. The old Baldigus packaging pics are from Yuki's Twitter, so he's either just celebrating Car Robots or he's dropping hints like he did with Groove and Blast Off.

The one showing the CW figures in the Baldigus scheme isn't. I'm wondering if that's mock-up a fan may have done a bit back after we saw the Hasbro Combaticons. Wait and see, I suppose
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

If they do Ruination, will they squeeze out the Arctic Camo and Desert Camo versions..?

oh, you said that already

*gets coat*
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

http://tformers.com/huge-titans-return- ... /news.html

Titans Return Megatron! Getaway! Sixshot! Triggerhappy! Doublecross!

****ing hell.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Because those guys are all Headmasters and totally need to have figures in this subline!

I mean, yay Doublecross, don't get me wrong. But if they're making Z-listers like him surely it'd make more sense to just do the proper Headmasters?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Fits the rumours of Getaway being a retooled/repainted Chromedome.

Little interest over the beast/triggermaster dudes, but they look nice.

Megatron looks proper awesome and way more MTMTE-esque than the Leader one from last year.

Getaway will be bought. Need to see the truck mode of Prime.

Bring on Hot Rod.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:Because those guys are all Headmasters and totally need to have figures in this subline!

I mean, yay Doublecross, don't get me wrong. But if they're making Z-listers like him surely it'd make more sense to just do the proper Headmasters?
This doesn't engage that last point, but why is it so important that new figures retain the same gimmick as the character had last time? Or, why are these guys so intrinsically attached to their sub-gimmick that changing it is baffling whereas hypothetical toys of scramble city characters that don't combine are just fine? To me it's the same as dismissing Powermaster Prime in 1988 because Optimus wasn't originally a powermaster. To me the idea of the characters is robust enough that headmastering, combining, or whatever in a particular toy doesn't really matter.

srs qstn
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I was going to challenge that earlier with Action Master Devastator but got distracted and wondered off.

Also, these aren't Headmasters. They're Titanmasters which is totally an entirely new gimmick and shush.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:This doesn't engage that last point, but why is it so important that new figures retain the same gimmick as the character had last time? Or, why are these guys so intrinsically attached to their sub-gimmick that changing it is baffling whereas hypothetical toys of scramble city characters that don't combine are just fine? To me it's the same as dismissing Powermaster Prime in 1988 because Optimus wasn't originally a powermaster. To me the idea of the characters is robust enough that headmastering, combining, or whatever in a particular toy doesn't really matter.

srs qstn
Oh, there's nothing wrong with making Hot Rod or Scourge or Doublecross or whoever Headmasters. In a vacuum, in isolation, it's fine. I'll probably even buy a few of them because some of them look cool.

The reason it annoys me is that they're doing that while not making toys of half the traditional Headmasters. Just like Combiner Wars, Titans Return is probably only going to be around for a year or so. So we're only going to get a limited amount of waves, with a limited amount of figures. And I think a line that's meant to celebrate the Headmaster gimmick should feature characters that are actually Headmasters first and foremost. I completely understand why they'd want to have an Optimus, a Soundwave, a Galvatron or a Megatron on the shelves along with them, but I think it's silly to remake less-important guys like Doublecross or Getaway or Triggerhappy as Headmasters at the same time as traditional Headmasters like Nightbeat or Apeface or Squeezeplay or Horri-Bull get shoved into the "heads only" category and others (so far, at least) are ignored entirely.

There are only seventeen G1 Headmasters (eighteen if anyone cares about the -ations enough to remember that Sunstreaker was one), and it would have been cool to have new bodies for all of them done up in a modern style with compatible heads and accessories. We're evidently not going to see that, for reasons I don't quite understand, and that's a shame.