OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:Yeah, and what's even weirder is that both companies' figures are being developed simultaneously this time instead of Takara's version trailing a few months behind.

It's almost as if they hadn't planned this out very well, lol.
"We could do Computron next?"
"Yes! Let's do Computicon!"
"How about we release them together this time, instead of making people angry because you've waited and done something different?"
"Excellent plan! We'll meet back next week and discuss it some more?"
"Yes!"

[...]

"So, anyway, this is what our design team have put together for.. what's that?"
"Computicon!"
"Ah. Right. Okay."
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

numbat wrote:Is this something I need to do with my MP Hot Rod?

He came without any of the chrome wear others are reporting, but from what I'm catching wind of this may not last?

If so - any tips as how to protect the chrome folks?

(With my limited 'me' time the last couple of weekends spent trying to fix some of MP Megatron's problems, why not spend this weekend future-proofing MP Hot Rod...? :swirly:)
From what I've read, it seems the chrome coat on Hot Rod (and Ironhide, as I recall) wasn't the best job. Seems like it's easy to scratch, scuff, or even just wear off from normal handling.

The usual suggestion is to apply a clear coat of something that would protect the chrome. A common cheap option I keep seeing is a particular brand of floor polish (varies by country, in the US it's a particular type of Pledge. Used to be called Future). It acrylic and is supposed to protect things well with 2-3 coats.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Clay wrote:Yeah, and what's even weirder is that both companies' figures are being developed simultaneously this time instead of Takara's version trailing a few months behind.

It's almost as if they hadn't planned this out very well, lol.
I think that this is because previous teams either had one new mould and just deco changes between then, whereas this one is a completely different beast altogether.

Or maybe Hasbro just changed their mind and tried to get in on the giftset thing, because their Betatron followed by a giftset makes little sense :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Pictures of Takara's Afterburner and Lightspeed...
Attachments
uw lightspeed2.jpg
uw lightspeed.jpg
uw afterburner2.jpg
uw afterburner.jpg
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm not usually one to give much of a shit about this sort of thing, but the first thing that struck me was how ugly the gun on the right looked in the first shot. I get why, but damn.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Aaaand Nosecone...
Attachments
uw nosecone3.jpg
uw nosecone2.jpg
uw nosecone.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They make quite a good showing at convincing that they care about their products.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And finally, Strafe.
Attachments
strafe2.jpg
strafe.jpg
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't know why I'm so hung up on the hollow bits showing. It's not like I've never seen it before.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Sades wrote:I don't know why I'm so hung up on the hollow bits showing. It's not like I've never seen it before.
Because it at least used to be a little less conspicuous by disguising itself as greebles?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, lots of figures used to use two pieces screwed together for bulk: hollow inside, but you couldn't tell visually. Now it seems that they've cut the parts count for stuff and left the hollowness exposed.

I wouldn't mind so much if they'd just put it on the underside of things, but with the arms they invariably seem to place the hollow side where you can see it.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Looks like we're getting a black Diaclone version of Masterpiece Tracks
http://masterforceuk.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... piece.html

Head looks to be new.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Well, Denyer is probably going to be happy about that I think.

Tracks' toy head is infinitely better than the cartoon one but I don't know that it's better enough to make me consider buying it. I am curious how the whole package will look in colour, though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm. Popped up in FB feed at lunch. The first one was reduced enough to get picked up and with the Turbo Tracks head makes a nice shelf line-up piece (redeems the figure well) but this'll work in somewhere if it gets released. Possibly on a flight stand.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

MP Primal up for pre-order at both Nippon Yassan and Anime Export.

Total with EMS shipping came to 75 GBP. Would be rude to leave it.

NY's shipping calculator is f@cked up though. MP Tracks goes from "oh hey good deal" to "WTF is this?" at the touch of a button.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Knightdramon wrote:NY's shipping calculator is f@cked up though. MP Tracks goes from "oh hey good deal" to "WTF is this?" at the touch of a button.
Watch the setting on that. My one order from there thus far was for UW Devastator, wasn't paying close enough attention at checkout and ended up accidently picking the option that cost about the same as Devy. Luckily it was a pre-order and they fixed it for me after a quick email. Still, the layout of things makes that a little too easy of a mistake to make
Sades

Post by Sades »

Tetsuro wrote:Because it at least used to be a little less conspicuous by disguising itself as greebles?
So it isn't just my imagination? Toys really are getting uglier?
Clay wrote:
I wouldn't mind so much if they'd just put it on the underside of things, but with the arms they invariably seem to place the hollow side where you can see it.
Yeah, I'm not sure they can help it with the arms, though. They're going to be seen pretty much no matter where they put them. The weapons are just tragic.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And MP Red Alert is getting a reissue in "anime colours" because a) reasons and b) ****ing kill me.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/06/taka ... ion-312528
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So it's basically the original MP Red Alert, with a muddier shade of white plastic and fewer paint apps?

I look forward to seeing it roundly praised by the same people who froth with anger when Hasbro does the exact same thing to a movie or Generations toy!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:So it's basically the original MP Red Alert, with a muddier shade of white plastic and fewer paint apps?
And the Auto Berzerk alarm flashy light things are now an anime accurate orange as opposed to the blue that they were in the actual episode and on the previous toy and just shoot me already.