OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well that would explain that - according to Kapow's facebook page, they only had 60 units available to begin with.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Notabot wrote:Toys R Us has listings now for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck. Brake-Neck makes me think the colors are mis-adjusted on my monitor. Looks like a terrible digibash.
I think Brake-Neck's just a bad photo. Other pics make his colors look pretty decent. I am a bit bummed that they based him off the Dead-End version of the mold. If BN had been based on the Streetwise retool, it would have added a bit more variety to the Stunticons.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Probably old news, but according to Seibertron.com, the UK won't be getting Combiner Wars wave 2, and will be skipping to wave 3.

Prediction: Cyclonus will be a shelfwarmer.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Sigh. Once, the UK was a shoe-in for at least waves 1 & 2 of most TF lines. I wonder if anyone at these Hasbro distribution hubs thinks about product assortments and what's been released where and whatnot. It would be interesting to find out the thought process that goes into these decisions.

I'll bet there'll be a fair few consumers annoyed that they can't complete Superion in his proper form. Or Menasor at all. One Stunticon. Cheers Hasbro, I'd give you a round of applause but you only shipped one of two hands to your European markets, so I cannot do clapping.

I'll bet wave 2 will show up at the usual clearance outlets then as 'grey imports' (whatever that means. I read someone using that on this forum and it sounded all clever, knowledgeable and fancy so I am using it also to pretend I am also clever, but am probably using it out of context), like all those other US packaged TFs that have shown up over here since 2009-ish.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I must say, depending on your viewpoint, this either sucks or it does not matter.

It does not matter if you buy online anyway, as you'd have gotten most of these dudes from an online store/US anyway.

It sucks if you are a child and looking forward to completing a set. I still remember the very bitter taste of realizing I could not get a G1 Megatron way back then [not a part of the gold heroes reissues in Europe in the 90ies], or realizing that the last waves of BW transmetals and TMII never made it to Greece. Thought bittersweet, combiner wars does endorse mix and matching...:p

The fact that they actually mixed the combiner limbs though is silly...now some folk are permanently stuck with a near complete Superior and a very incomplete Menasor...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Masterpiece Ironhide shown at Tokyo Toy Fair... looks very cartoony. More than one better alternative out there IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/post ... 8047124035

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Loads of stuff from Tokyo Toy Show

Unite Warriors Devastator is remoulded [all members have proper elbows!], flip down visor, individual guns

MP Ironhide fully revealed. Sled is extra and non transforming. Tons of accessories, all accessories can store on his sled. A little bit shorter than MP 10 Convoy in robot mode, can still fit in his trailer in van mode. Looks like he's wearing a diaper...

MP Optimus Primal also revealled. Can I get a f*ck yes? Only mock up shown for gorilla mode, I am almost certain it is non-transforming [no seams, no nothing] but looks good.

:up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ah, didn't realise they were remoulds. Wonder how much that'll kill US sales?

https://www.facebook.com/daim.choc/post ... 8663789640
http://i.imgur.com/0fswbji.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon wrote:MP Optimus Primal also revealled. Can I get a f*ck yes? Only mock up shown for gorilla mode, I am almost certain it is non-transforming [no seams, no nothing] but looks good.
Meant to be a Masterpiece, really?

http://i.imgur.com/TIXUhKx.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

After "Combiner Wars" comes "Titan Wars" apparently... including Fort Max and something that appears to be a Headmaster Blaster...

(Art for a CW Bruticus is also knocking around).

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/botc ... ars-293516

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

By tfw2005 coverage, yes, its' stated to be an MP for the 20th BW anniversary. Must obviously be a mock up though.

Constucticons killing US sales depends on their retail price. I think it'll be closer to 20.000 yen or maybe a tad more [Menasor is 15.000 yen and it's 4 deluxes and a voyager].
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Folks have noticed that the lower arms look like Metroplex's---heavy remould?

Bruticus is stated to be a remould of Hot Spot [the visible part of the torso] but I can't see it on that one piece of artwork.

Blaster looks ok.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd guess same designer -- the tracks suggest a fairly different alt-mode. Too many shape differences (Max is more blocky) to be a straight remould.

Nothing really of interest so far.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ironhide proportions looks even odder in comparison... (c/o Cheem)

http://i.imgur.com/doqOINZ.jpg
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It appears that most of Ironhide's mass from vehicle mode just compresses and folds in to form his torso, judging from the panels I can see.

The diaper is not ideal. Perhaps it's the angle.

Primal indeed verified as an MP [on the video they announce him as an MP]. Sweeeeeeeet.

These news must suck for the poor [sarcasm at maximum level] souls who thought we'd be getting all characters from S1-S3 as toys because everybody is fair game.

Ironhide looks big and has lots of stuff that come with him---I think he'll be at MP Starscream/Soundwave prices [ie around 14.000 yen before discounts].
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I know these aren't the greatest pictures, but Ironhide really doesn't impress me very much. The huge crotch and hollow forearms that are open from below are both really unsightly, and the head doesn't look very good either. He also somehow manages to be even boxier than the cartoon model, and lacks the "smoothness" (for lack of a better word) that makes the other MP cars so cool.

And the sled being a giant accessory surely defeats the whole purpose of having it?

(Kinda hard to comment on Primal until we see the actual toy, but it's cool that they're going there.)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Forearms are not hollow [though I can see why you'd think that], it's just that the dark navy blue clear plastic of his side windows rest there, which gives the impression that they are hollow from certain angles and that light.

I'm actually on board with the sled as it is. Very Soul of Chogokin-y, where all the extra parts store on it. It homages the toy, doubles as storage room and does not interfere with transformation.

I agree on the crotch/diaper. Could be the angle of the pics though? MP Tracks didn't look as flattering on his first pics out.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I was hoping that MP Ironhide (and by extension MP Ratchet) would blow me away, but I'm not feeling it. The crotch and hip kibble look terrible. The Voodoo offering looks the best to me.
Wreck and Rule!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The mold isn't white so therefore I hate it.

Anyhooo, I'll have to echo everyone's sentiments. I'm not totally digging it. Something seems **off** to me. Not sure if it's the kibble, or the seeming lack of bulk, or... something.

But yeah, not blown away. And when it comes to Ratchet (because **** Ironhide), I want to be blown away.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Hmmm, need to see what the price is gonna be but if I am indeed springing for a Devastator, it really looks like I'm aiming for the Takara one now.

Ironhide... doesn't look that bad but isn't quite there. Might need to see more pictures, might just be that it's not Ratchet, I'm not sure yet.

Kinda have a meh reaction to the news of Primal. Yeah, it's nice they're doing something for Beast Wars but I'm just not wowed by the idea of an MP Primal. That may change once we see a real prototype